..but but CIS poRsters said Garcia is locked in with USC ...lol

You just legitimized Matocha as an unknown? Dude, he hot garbage if TVD already passed him on the depth chart.

we don’t think the same lol. And I’m ok with that.

This is how dopey your posts are. You don't even realize that you made my point.

So you think Matocha is trash? Fine. So is Martell. Which leaves King and Perry, both of whom could be gone in 3 months.

Yeah, we have Van Dyke, and you want to argue that we should NOT take a QB this cycle, or take some athlete/project?

I have to give you credit, you are one insane poster.

Advertisement
This isn't a bad take to start trying for NEXT recruiting cycle. This cycle, however, we need at least one QB for depth purposes. I'd say Take Garcia this cycle if he comes and then start looking for a dual threat next year.

We need a QB who can play in 2021. Why on earth would King come back for another year? He will be a fully-read book by the end of this season. He's either going to make it or not as a QB in the NFL based on this year. I suppose you could convince me that if the NFL tells him he's going undrafted, he might come back as a WR to show cause at that position. But it's a 1% chance either way.

So we need our 2021 starter. Everyone is hoping it's TVD. But the team should never count on him being ready. You want competition at your most important position. And Perry, Tate and Matocha are not starting material. There's no competition there. We need a transfer. No other option.

This is how dopey your posts are. You don't even realize that you made my point.

So you think Matocha is trash? Fine. So is Martell. Which leaves King and Perry, both of whom could be gone in 3 months.

Yeah, we have Van Dyke, and you want to argue that we should NOT take a QB this cycle, or take some athlete/project?

I read it as he was saying we should get our QB from the portal. If so, he's right.

The thing is, you have a problem getting you point across lol. You misconstrue everything and then you bytch about something I didn't even say - a la "you want to agrue that we should NOT take a qb"..... .. bytch I didn't say this lol.

This is just silly.

D'Eriq King might come back for another year or he may be gone in 3 months. N'Kosi could leave at any point. Tathan probably never gets on the field again. Matocha is a big unknown at this time.

And for all of this, we should voluntarily give up on signing a QB, or sign some rando "athlete", all because we need to "stagger the years and skillsets" for Van Dyke? Good lord, we'd better surround Van Dyke with bubble wrap and let him take all of his classes from his dorm room, because we'd be one injury away from losing to GaTech.

Thank god you're not the head coach.

word.

like any other position, you find the best kid you can sign.

at QB, it's even more critical. one per year, every year. and you better make it count. there is no bigger impact on your team, with a greater degree of developmental uncertainty, than the QB position. OL is second, but you can easily bring in 3-4 OL every year to hedge your bets. DT is the most critical spot on the defense, but the developmental uncertainty/impact is a somewhat less than QB or OL when you're recruiting the good ones.

with QB, you only get one shot per cycle, but you MUST have one every year.

kelly, kosar, testaverde. all on the same team at the same time.
walsh, erickson, torretta. all on the same team at the same time.

no coincidence we had great QB play for years at a time with those guys.

one per year. no exceptions.

Advertisement
What sucks is that we won’t see van dyke all year cause I doubt we blow anyone out enough to see the third stringer. With an all ACC schedule. I see maybe wake as a possibility? But they’re not horrible. Just a bummer

I do not want to rely on N'Kosi. Nothing personal. He's certainly matured and shown himself to be a good teammate. But we know what we have with him.

We need someone to really push TVD.
Agreed and I am fairly confident that Kosi is only the backup for an in-game injury and maybe 1 start/spot start. After that, I have the feeling TVD would be preferred as starter if King were to miss significant time.

I read it as he was saying we should get our QB from the portal. If so, he's right.

Except...that's not what he said.

Furthermore, if we keep signing grad-transfer QBs from the portal to start over anyone else on our roster, we will (eventually) lose Van Dyke too. On top of which, if you sign a grad-transfer for a 1-year rental, you don't fix the issue of depth. Meaning, in 15 months, we are right back to having 1 quality QB on the roster (Van Dyke) and you've allowed 12 months to pass without signing a younger guy.

Now, if that dopey poster had proposed signing Garcia AND a grad-transfer, then we could have a reasonable conversation.

We need QBs, and with the way we have handled Perry and Martell, it's highly unlikely they will come back in 2021. And then if you combine that with "Matocha is trash", it is a horrendous situation EVEN IF you sign a grad-transfer. And I wouldn't even count on a regular transfer having immediate eligibility after the NCAA did Issiah Walker dirty.

Advertisement
You just legitimized Matocha as an unknown? Dude, he hot garbage if TVD already passed him on the depth chart.

we don’t think the same lol. And I’m ok with that.

LMFAO.

that's just nonsense to make a claim that a player is "hot garbage" as a redshirt freshman playing the toughest position on the field. it's an easy statement to make if you don't know WTF you are talking about.

bernie kosar was ahead of testaverde after his freshman year.

frank gore was ahead of willis mcgahee his freshman year

ryan moore was ahead of roscoe parrish

lorenzo lingard was ahead of cam'ron .....

the list goes on and on. TVD has the skills to be a special player, agreed, but to write matocha off as "hot garbage" is just wrong.

LMFAO.

that's just nonsense to make a claim that a player is "hot garbage" as a redshirt freshman playing the toughest position on the field. it's an easy statement to make if you don't know WTF you are talking about.

bernie kosar was ahead of testaverde after his freshman year.

frank gore was ahead of willis mcgahee his freshman year

ryan moore was ahead of roscoe parrish

lorenzo lingard was ahead of cam'ron .....

the list goes on and on. TVD has the skills to be a special player, agreed, but to write matocha off as "hot garbage" is just wrong.

So correlation means causation to you? If you don't think Matchocha is hot garbage then I can't help you.

Duel threat is my first pick but if we cant get one, Garcia is the guy.
1600278581476.png

Advertisement
We need a QB who can play in 2021. Why on earth would King come back for another year? He will be a fully-read book by the end of this season. He's either going to make it or not as a QB in the NFL based on this year. I suppose you could convince me that if the NFL tells him he's going undrafted, he might come back as a WR to show cause at that position. But it's a 1% chance either way.

So we need our 2021 starter. Everyone is hoping it's TVD. But the team should never count on him being ready. You want competition at your most important position. And Perry, Tate and Matocha are not starting material. There's no competition there. We need a transfer. No other option.
How does this relate to what I said?

Watching D’Eriq King bail our O-line several times with his quick burst and feet, kind of makes me want this staff to go for a similar athlete tbh. Surely Garcia cannot bold well behind this offensive line.
This oline is still being evaluated, only one game so far! these next 3 games will let us kno Bout da oline. I think lashlee tailors his offense around the type of qb he has.

I love how everyone wants to take this as is being a done deal that Garcia will head to Miami if USC is off the table—as if he's not in the heart of SEC country and isn't getting recruited by other big programs. He's knee-deep in big time high school football in Georgia right now and he's going to hear from everyone in the region. Too many acting likes it's the Canes versus the Trojans and no one else is in the race.

Advertisement
I honestly don't believe Miami is really in the race, I think Lashlee is pushing hard, but I don't really think he wants to come here, that's just my opinion though.

I think he'll either stick with USC or flip to Ole Miss because they don't have a QB in their class, Kiffin & Jeff Lebby are good QB developers/recruiters, plus their system fits him better.

I (respectfully) disagree.

He loves USC. He's grown up with USC. I don't think he WANTS to leave USC, but if he does, I think that Miami is the best overall fit for him. I hear what you are saying about Kiffin, but it's Ole Miss (and let's not pretend that Kiffin won't leave if he has a better job offer). The Garcia family doesn't want to be in Valdosta one minute longer than they have to be, and Miami is very culturally similar to USC.

While the Ole Miss "system" might be a slightly better fit, I don't think that Lashlee's system is as much of a culture shock as putting Garcia in the triple option or something crazy like that. And I think that Lashlee (or whoever comes after him, assuming he does well and is in demand for a HC job elsewhere) will tailor whatever they do to fit the skill-set of whoever we sign.

I realize that a bunch of other schools have jumped in now that Garcia is in Valdosta. But Garcia was reciprocal in his interest in UM, and his (possible) future teammates at UM already have friendships with him and like him.

If the Ole Miss recruits start communicating with Garcia, then I'll start to worry.

Advertisement
Back