Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

Advertisement
This article has next to zero basis in reality because "self made" is an extremely subjective term. Let's all remember Forbes considered Kylie Jenner a "self made" billionaire.

The reality is wealthy people send their kids to good private schools and put them in a position to become wealthier.
Hey, I found a list of schools with wealthy alumni and we're on it. Take the W.

EXTREMELY important distinction here between corporate marketing dollars and private money. Coke's largest shareholders don't give a rat's *** about supporting CFB vis-a-vis their investment in a public corporation.
Exactly. Coca Cola has no vested interest in making Alabama the best team possible. They don't care who is good, just that whoever is getting the most tv audience has a contract with Coke.

So, what you're saying is, they're not quite the program UCF is.
1867 Princeton vs 2018 UCF. A battle for all the marbles.

I will say we're in very good company there. But the list also proves my point about private schools, as ~15 of the 20 are private. I wonder how many of ours are football players, because we have to have at least 50 guys who are millionaires from football alone.

Advertisement
Exactly. Coca Cola has no vested interest in making Alabama the best team possible. They don't care who is good, just that whoever is getting the most tv audience has a contract with Coke.

There is an element that it's no different than a Nike sponsoring a handful of major CFB programs. They wouldn't spend it all on one, but a portfolio of ad dollars in the CFB sphere would make a lot of sense, and I'd guess KO is already doing that.

It's also an oligopoloy in the US. It's US Sugar and Domino. That helps.
Domino is owned by ASR, which isowned by Florida Crystals and Sugar Cane Growers Co-op. Florida Crystals is owned by the Fanjuls.

They had money from their Cuban days and bought an old sugar mill from Louisiana and put it up east of Pahokee. It's called the Osceola mill.

Advertisement

Miami is #18 in the country for producing the wealthiest alumni. F*ck average SAT scores, that's the number I care about.

"Known ultra high net worth alumni wealth “- 1.1 trillion

Tied at #2 with Stanford, only behind Harvard.

That number is so unbelievably mind blowing that I'm tempted to think it's a typo.

Last edited:
Le go! Get it ALL out in the open! No more hidden bags! And Texas is STILL going to suck!

Advertisement

Miami is #18 in the country for producing the wealthiest alumni. F*ck average SAT scores, that's the number I care about.

That number is so unbelievably mind blowing that I'm tempted to think it's a typo.
It has to be because the unknown is estimated at 309 billion. I'd guess they accidentally added a zero and it's really 110 billion.

Still, not UF, Bama, or FSU on that list.

Domino is owned by ASR, which isowned by Florida Crystals and Sugar Cane Growers Co-op. Florida Crystals is owned by the Fanjuls.

They had money from their Cuban days and bought an old sugar mill from Louisiana and put it up east of Pahokee. It's called the Osceola mill.

Ah yes US Sugar is Charles Mott. I must have prospected one of his kids or something.

Private wealth is notoriously difficult to analyze. Unless you can research SEC filings for publicly held investments, or real estate held in personal name (which it basically never is), they're basically throwing **** at a wall and hoping it sticks.

Source: I started my career in private banking.

But I'd totally agree with you, you go to college to make motherf*cking money.

Advertisement
It has to be because the unknown is estimated at 309 billion. I'd guess they accidentally added a zero and it's really 110 billion.

Still, not UF, Bama, or FSU on that list.

If I am interpreting the numbers correctly, the unknown net worth estimate is the net worth of the unknown individuals. So if they estimated that there are another 200 UHNW alumni but no one knows who they are (let's say they live frugally or no one has seen their 1040s) the estimated wealth of those unknown individuals is 309 billion. So that would be in addition to the 1.1 trillion in known wealth. Even if that number is a wild *** guess and off by a few billion, it's still amazing that Miami has so many rich alumni. If those numbers are to be believed, Miami could obliterate any school in the country in the bag game if those alumni cared as much as the alumni in SEC country.

If I am interpreting the numbers correctly, the unknown net worth estimate is the net worth of the unknown individuals. So if they estimated that there are another 200 UHNW alumni but no one knows who they are (let's say they live frugally or no one has seen their 1040s) the estimated wealth of those unknown individuals is 309 billion. So that would be in addition to the 1.1 trillion in known wealth.

How could you estimate a number of UHNW individuals without knowing who they are?

Dan Lambert, owner of elite MMA gym American Top Team, just announced that he is committing $540k a year ($500 a month for each scholarship player) to advertise for his team and products. This is a groundbreaking deal.

He is also starting the Bring Back the U foundation to encourage and organize further investment from the local community. Kendrick Norton will be running the foundation with Lambert and UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal will act as brand ambassador.
Don't know what amount is accurate, but here is this👇

SHÎT IS GETTING REAL

How could you estimate a number of UHNW individuals without knowing who they are?

I didn't estimate it. Im guessing they have a formula. For example, if they were making a list of schools with the most millionaires and breaking it down to known and unknown, think about how many folks on this site are actually known millionaires. If you were making a projection on the total number of millionaires, you'd have to guesstimate the number of unknown millionaire alumni which would probably be in the tens of thousands by now.

Advertisement
Back