Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

Advertisement
I didn't estimate it. Im guessing they have a formula. For example, if they were making a list of schools with the most millionaires and breaking it down to known and unknown, think about how many folks on this site are actually known millionaires. If you were making a projection on the total number of millionaires, you'd have to guesstimate the number of unknown millionaire alumni which would probably be in the tens of thousands by now.

Yeah, but that makes zero sense. Even if you have a pool of money and a certain amount of known people, the "unknown" could be one person or two hundred people, depending how many millions were left. Probably just another example of the aforementioned throwing **** at a wall.

Yeah, but that makes zero sense. Even if you have a pool of money and a certain amount of known people, the "unknown" could be one person or two hundred people, depending how many millions were left. Probably just another example of the aforementioned throwing **** at a wall.

Certainly the unknown is a wild *** guess. Net wealth of those unknown could be 30 billion or 309 billion. That's not the important part. The known wealth is known. More than 1 trillion. The company, WealthX, claims to have the "world’s most extensive collection of curated research and intelligence on the wealthy, in order to estimate the population and wealth of UHNW alumni by alma-mater."

It does but I think the psychology in different areas of kids is going to show here soon. Texas kids historically have not given a **** about a bag. I know the narrative is Florida kids do. We’ll see how much this alters that perception
Texas kids don’t care about the bag?? Since when

Advertisement
Texas kids don’t care about the bag?? Since when
In comparison to Florida kids or anywhere else Texas kids do not bag chase as much. I know a lot of high ranking guys every year who don’t give a **** about bags because a lot of them who have the resources to get to all these camps come from families who are well off and the cost of living in Texas is low and blah blah blah. Yes you can find Texas kids who have taken a bag but you’re more likely to find ones who don’t care

Certainly the unknown is a wild *** guess. Net wealth of those unknown could be 30 billion or 309 billion. That's not the important part. The known wealth is known. More than 1 trillion. The company, WealthX, claims to have the "world’s most extensive collection of curated research and intelligence on the wealthy, in order to estimate the population and wealth of UHNW alumni by alma-mater."

Yes, and fair. I'm familiar with WealthX and if I recall they're a reputable service, as much as you can know about private money. But again, unless you're a corporate exec or multi-billionaire with lots of holdings of greater than 5% in publicly traded companies (requiring disclosure), it's next to impossible to gauge the wealth of someone. In my experience, in the majority of the cases, they're worth way more than you think.

Beyond that, the amount of relatively anonymous, tremendous wealth in this country is staggering. I had so many clients/prospects I've never heard of with $300 million in the bank.

Jorge Mas?
This guy could help UM in a serious way. He's a billionaire and he went to UM. He owns Inter Miami and I think Love the U.

Jorge Mas Santos is a business leader, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He currently serves as Chairman of the Cuban American National Foundation and Managing Owner of Major League Soccer team Inter Miami CF. Wikipedia
Born: 1963 (age 58 years), Miami, FL
Net worth: 1.3 billion USD (2021) Forbes
Education: University of Miami (MBA), University of Miami (BBA);

Advertisement
So let me get this straight…. CIS is worried that the SEC is going to cheat?

Stunning revelation.

This story is blowing up everywhere. This is all over the media, sports and non-sports news. Imagine what it would have cost Lambert to try and reach a an international audience using traditional advertising (tv, newspapers, podcasts). His 540k has already paid for itself. Awesome to see that others care about Making the U Great Again as much as we do.

we are not going to win this. what we have here is a way for boosters to legally give bags of money to players. the big schools have more boosters than we have who own companies and are willing to fork over huge amounts of money to players.
We weren’t winning on June 30th either. I’ll take my chances in the new world where players get to make money off their names

we are not going to win this. what we have here is a way for boosters to legally give bags of money to players. the big schools have more boosters than we have who own companies and are willing to fork over huge amounts of money to players.

Oh no! Can you imagine what this means for CFB? It might get to a point where the same 4 teams make the playoffs every year and there is a huge gap between the haves and have nots. Surely, CFB would be unwatchable if this were to happen.

Advertisement
This guy could help UM in a serious way. He's a billionaire and he went to UM. He owns Inter Miami and I think Love the U.

Jorge Mas Santos is a business leader, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He currently serves as Chairman of the Cuban American National Foundation and Managing Owner of Major League Soccer team Inter Miami CF. Wikipedia
Born: 1963 (age 58 years), Miami, FL
Net worth: 1.3 billion USD (2021) Forbes
Education: University of Miami (MBA), University of Miami (BBA);

He's on the Board of Overseers of the Business school. That alone pretty much guarantees he's given seven figures.

This story is blowing up everywhere. This is all over the media, sports and non-sports news. Imagine what it would have cost Lambert to try and reach a an international audience using traditional advertising (tv, newspapers, podcasts). His 540k has already paid for itself. Awesome to see that others care about Making the U Great Again as much as we do.

Considering this is a person actually putting up money for the University, I'd say they care way, way more than the collective "I bought a T-shirt and that entitles me to have a say as to who runs the University" CIS crowd does.

Yes, and fair. I'm familiar with WealthX and if I recall they're a reputable service, as much as you can know about private money. But again, unless you're a corporate exec or multi-billionaire with lots of holdings of greater than 5% in publicly traded companies (requiring disclosure), it's next to impossible to gauge the wealth of someone. In my experience, in the majority of the cases, they're worth way more than you think.

Beyond that, the amount of relatively anonymous, tremendous wealth in this country is staggering. I had so many clients/prospects I've never heard of with $300 million in the bank.

I registered for an account on WealthX to look at the real data. It says known alumni wealth "86 billion" so that 1 trillion definitely looks like a typo. Still, Miami is top 20 in the US (19th overall in total known alumni wealth, ahead of Notre Dame that has 60 billion) and top 25 in the world for wealthiest alumni. Also says 70% of the Ultra High Net Worth individuals are "self-made" (by comparison, only 60% at USC are self made, the other 40% is inherited money). Doubt most fans here realize how incredibly wealthy and entrepreneurial the Miami alumni base really is.

Seems to me the problem isn't that Julio Frenk or Donna Shalala don't care about football, it's that these UHNW individuals don't care about football or Miami sports. If they wanted to, they easily could donate a miniscule percentage of that $86 billion and it would be enough money to make Urban Meyer put his house up for sale in Jacksonville and move to Coral Gables.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They can potentially earn this money. It’s a contract. They have to do things to earn it. They have to do a certain number of these things to earn the maximum amount. In other words, it’s not guaranteed money.
I guess they could technically also all die tomorrow and never collect the $5k .... what a great argument you put forth.

I registered for an account on WealthX to look at the real data. It says known alumni wealth "86 billion" so that 1 trillion definitely looks like a typo. Still, Miami is top 20 in the US (19th overall in total known alumni wealth, ahead of Notre Dame that has 60 billion) and top 25 in the world for wealthiest alumni. Also says 70% of the Ultra High Net Worth individuals are "self-made" (by comparison, only 60% at USC are self made, the other 40% is inherited money). Doubt most fans here realize how incredibly wealthy and entrepreneurial the Miami alumni base really is.

Seems to me the problem isn't that Julio Frenk or Donna Shalala don't care about football, it's that these UHNW individuals don't care about football or Miami sports. If they wanted to, they easily could donate a miniscule percentage of that $86 billion and it would be enough money to make Urban Meyer put his house up for sale in Jacksonville and move to Coral Gables.

As indicated previously on this thread, "self-made" is an extraordinarily subjective term. As is "known" wealth.

The "problem" is that the University of Miami is a university, not a football team.

The Herbert family gave $100 million not too long ago to name the School of Business. As a Herbert School of Business alum, I will GLADLY take that money to reflect on my degree over hiring a few extra assistants.

People who go to real schools do so to earn the strongest degree possible and make a career, not to win football games. This fanbase does not understand that. Nobody going to Stanford is prioritizing the football team over the university.

Screenshot_20210706-201356_Chrome.jpg

You can give each player 5,000 dollars a month for a total of 5.4 million a year and it would be half of (Satan ‘s contract).Saban learned long ago it is pennies on the dollar to pay players as he has done to win championships .SEC has lost their advantage of having the highest salary cap in the NCAA illegally recruiting players.

Advertisement
Back