Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

ND?
Game Show Laughing GIF by ABC Network
Sorry, ****-sucking Domers. ******* hate em but they have made it twice. Should have included Oklahoma too.

Advertisement
So are all the other “bag” schools. I'm pretty sure Alabama doesn't have the wealthiest alumni base either.

Time for Harvard and Yale to get back to winning nattys.

Bezos is a Princeton alum and they have like 16 rings.

Advertisement
Mostly limousine liberals who don’t give a **** about the program and would never give a penny of their own money to football players.

LMFAO this makes sense. Because the "liberals" are the ones always talking about how terrible college is and how it indoctrinates people.

What a stupid comment.

Unless it involves $$ to get rid this incompetent ticket salesman and his SJWs from the athletic Dept, you might as well flush it down the pot

The responsibility of the Athletic Director is to sell tickets genius.

No one comes to your job at McDonald's and criticizes you for selling french fries.

Advertisement
We might not be as bad off as thought.

This article has next to zero basis in reality because "self made" is an extremely subjective term. Let's all remember Forbes considered Kylie Jenner a "self made" billionaire.

The reality is wealthy people send their kids to good private schools and put them in a position to become wealthier.

When Bama strikes a deal with Mercedes Benz, Coca Cola and Aflac for the same **** at 10X the payout, I don't want to hear it lol Saban is connected to those companies and will have no problem pulling strings to make it happen
Lol. Coca Cola already has sponsorship deals with a majority of the major programs. Including the University of Miami. My sister negotiated the Coke contract for UM athletics with Blake James and trust me, the schools want A LOT more than coke is willing to offer. They're not in the business of overpaying for sponsorships. None of those companies are. They're not boosters. Saban is only connected to any of those companies because they pay him to advertise for them.

Bezos is a Princeton alum and they have like 16 rings.
They have 28 claimed national championships in football. Almost all of them before the turn of the 20th century. The most recent being 1950.

Lol. Coca Cola already has sponsorship deals with a majority of the major programs. Including the University of Miami. My sister negotiated the Coke contract for UM athletics with Blake James and trust me, the schools want A LOT more than coke is willing to offer. They're not in the business of overpaying for sponsorships. None of those companies are. They're not boosters. Saban is only connected to any of those companies because they pay him to advertise for them.

EXTREMELY important distinction here between corporate marketing dollars and private money. Coke's largest shareholders don't give a rat's *** about supporting CFB vis-a-vis their investment in a public corporation.

Advertisement
EXTREMELY important distinction here between corporate marketing dollars and private money. Coke's largest shareholders don't give a rat's *** about supporting CFB vis-a-vis their investment in a public corporation.

If a publicly traded company like Coca-Cola sponsored a deal like that with Bama players, then you'd have countless shareholders from all over the country who aren't Bama fans suing the company for breach of fiduciary duty. Not worth the headache.

Advertisement
I love how the names being thrown around here are people like The Rock, A Rod, Marcus Lemonis, etc.

These guys don't have half the money the big boosters connected to the program do.

Philip Frost is worth $2.4 billion.
Alfonso Fanjul is worth $8 billion.
Jorge Perez is worth $1.7 billion.
Leonard Abess is worth $1.3 billion.
Allan Herbert is worth $1.5 billion.
Jorge Mas is worth $1.3 billion.
Jeffrey Soffer is worth $2.2 billion.
Stuart Miller is almost certainly a billionaire.

All of these people are trustees, have trustees in their family, or made eight-figure donations. And I don't think a single one is an alum.

This is "the administration" that you all think cares so little about Hurricane football (meanwhile both Lemonis and Rodriguez are Trustees).

If a publicly traded company like Coca-Cola sponsored a deal like that with Bama players, then you'd have countless shareholders from all over the country who aren't Bama fans suing the company for breach of fiduciary duty. Not worth the headache.
I mean if it's Coke, they'd sponsor Emory athletics.

Precisely. And it would be a breach of fiduciary duty without question. Compound that with I'd GUESS the top 10 shareholders of KO are institutional... bad news.

I love how the names being thrown around here are people like The Rock, A Rod, Marcus Lemonis, etc.

These guys don't have half the money the big boosters connected to the program do.

Philip Frost is worth $2.4 billion.
Alfonso Fanjul is worth $8 billion.
Jorge Perez is worth $1.7 billion.
Leonard Abess is worth $1.3 billion.
Allan Herbert is worth $1.5 billion.
Jorge Mas is worth $1.3 billion.
Jeffrey Soffer is worth $2.2 billion.
Stuart Miller is almost certainly a billionaire.

All of these people are trustees, have trustees in their family, or made eight-figure donations. And I don't think a single one is an alum.

This is "the administration" that you all think cares so little about Hurricane football (meanwhile both Lemonis and Rodriguez are Trustees).
man, sugar is/was big money.

Advertisement
Back