Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

Am I the only one who feels little uncomfortable with this can of worms being now open? This could be the beginning of a bidding war in players sponsorship and the college with the richest alumni and fans may win. Now there is a legal way to pay the players. Do we have a chance against the big money machines of college football?

NCAA blew their chances to get ahead of this. Now it’s time to pay for their greed and laziness.

Advertisement
NCAA blew their chances to get ahead of this. Now it’s time to pay for their greed and laziness.
I see what you're saying but for me it's not about the NCAA it's about what's good for college football. The NCAA may well be deserving of all bad things but I'm thinking about college football as we have known and loved for long time.

I see what you're saying but for me it's not about the NCAA it's about what's good for college football. The NCAA may well be deserving of all bad things but I'm thinking about college football as we have known and loved for long time.

Understood. Unfortunately it looks like it’s gone beyond the point of repair.

Advertisement
Coke is the soft drink of the South. If they can get the SECs best programs or players to endorse their product it’s going to. Plus future value as a pro? I hope it don’t happen but these guys sleep on the appeal and lunatics of the SEC fans. There are countless 90 IQ UGa or Bama fans that will only buy Coke or Ford or whatever just because they support their team. Guaranteed
I would think that Mountain Dew is a bigger seller in Alabama.

Advertisement
Hang em all and let God sort em out?
also:

Episode 2 GIF by South Park

It’s always been a bidding war for the top players. Look at where the big money goes for advertising during college football games, the SEC and the Big 10, and you will see the eventual winners in the NIL war.
I think if we can keep the base money comparable we can succeed. Its a good look that miami is trying to get everyone paid and facilitate bigger deals for the stars of the team. Bama has the "signing bonus" but will they break off kids who dont produce? If kids know they can come here and get paid decently regardless of production, way more if they ball, that might be enough for them to stay home.

Dan Lambert, owner of elite MMA gym American Top Team, just announced that he is committing $540k a year ($500 a month for each scholarship player) to advertise for his team and products. This is a groundbreaking deal.

He is also starting the Bring Back the U foundation to encourage and organize further investment from the local community. Kendrick Norton will be running the foundation with Lambert and UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal will act as brand ambassador.
Wow!!!!

Go Canes !!!!

I think if we can keep the base money comparable we can succeed. Its a good look that miami is trying to get everyone paid and facilitate bigger deals for the stars of the team. Bama has the "signing bonus" but will they break off kids who dont produce? If kids know they can come here and get paid decently regardless of production, way more if they ball, that might be enough for them to stay home.
we are not going to win this. what we have here is a way for boosters to legally give bags of money to players. the big schools have more boosters than we have who own companies and are willing to fork over huge amounts of money to players.

Advertisement
Actually it does. Right from Dan Lambert's mouth he says $6000 per year x 90 football players = $540k
They can potentially earn this money. It’s a contract. They have to do things to earn it. They have to do a certain number of these things to earn the maximum amount. In other words, it’s not guaranteed money.

Advertisement
If we're being real the CFB we all knew has been dead for a while now. Every year it's Bama, Clemson & Taint with a legitimate chance to win the CFP, plus Georgia/LSU, ND or Oregon/Washington with an outside chance if they're the 4th team in. It's ******* boring and outside of what Miami does I've become largely apathetic to the rest of the sport because of it.

Whether this proves to benefit Miami and the rest of CFB wrt leveling the playing field in the long run remains to be seen. If nothing else it throws a wild card onto the table for a while. Eventually either the limp-**** NCAA will try to step in and increase NIL regulation, or Congress will.
ND?
Game Show Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Could a company just do a SEC deal and get the best stars out the conference every year hawking their stuff? Seems like the best way to get a target audience really..

6k a year to every player on scholarship?

Imagine paying 24 thousand dollars a year to have Zalontea Hillary, Kai-Leon Herbert, Cleveland Reed and Ousman Traore advertise your product.

Wouldn't be me lol, but thank you good sir. This will certainly help us with 3 star recruits.
Are these guys still on the team?! Sheesh

Advertisement
Back