Business owner announces $540K/year NIL commitment to Miami

Well, I did some research and, as another poster already pointed out, the document is unconfirmed. I am pretty sure if such a "border" for maximum profit existed, everyone would know about it and the NCAA would have made that absolutely clear.
personally the NCAA will soon be a thing of the past.

Advertisement
They could have gotten ahead of this and instead they decided to sue to try and get it overturned. I think they should have to pay repercussions to every student that took improper benefits and every school that was damaged by that.

I can't tell what's more pathetic, that this guy thinks $500 a month is a big hit, that it made national news, or that "the U is back" contingent is jumping on board. Everything about this university...the alumni, the employees, the BOT, the programs (athletic and otherwise), the fans, the boosters... is so consistently second rate.

The 40K max seems unenforceable on its face. And that's before the inevitable extended payout shenanigans.

Am I the only one who feels little uncomfortable with this can of worms being now open? This could be the beginning of a bidding war in players sponsorship and the college with the richest alumni and fans may win. Now there is a legal way to pay the players. Do we have a chance against the big money machines of college football?
Yes Blake "Fundraiser" James will be able to use his only ability besides availability and get theses players the most Base NLI money there is based on contracted sponsorship and will be able to hang with the state paper mills huge alumni base that everyone is scared of.

Advertisement
Yes Blake "Fundraiser" James will be able to use his only ability besides availability and get theses players the most Base NLI money there is based on contracted sponsorship and will be able to hang with the state paper mills huge alumni base that everyone is scared of.
Hold On GIF

I can't tell what's more pathetic, that this guy thinks $500 a month is a big hit, that it made national news, or that "the U is back" contingent is jumping on board. Everything about this university...the alumni, the employees, the BOT, the programs (athletic and otherwise), the fans, the boosters... is so consistently second rate.

How much have you given in an attempt to make it first rate?

baby, we got a 500k bag dropped directly to the players and this is your perspective?

Advertisement
The 40K limit is absurd given in-state school tuition pales in comparison to private school in most states. That needs to be normalized.

Ridiculous number that I think they will have to change soon (everyone is still figuring this out). Makes zero sense. Since room and board plus tuition could easily reach 60k at Miami, they basically have a rule where if you make more than 40k you go into the hole 20k. I assume the NCAA will bend the knee to Notre Dame when they pitch a fit about this. Makes more sense to set it as a percentage of tuition for non scholarship students. Best would be if rule for public universities had the percentage tied it to in-state tuition. If NIL goes above that certain %, players lose their scholarships. After all, the public universities in each state are funded by and supposed to be primarily for the residents of that state. That would flip CFB recruiting upside down and equalize CFB faster than anything. Say you set it at 100% of tuition.

Example: Since Miami, with room and board costs 60k, players could make up to 60k in NIL without losing scholly. At Bama, in state with room and board would be about 25k, players there couldn't exceed 25k or they lose scholarship. An OOS player would have to pay the OOS tuition rate (just like any regular OOS student), but still bound by NIL tied to the in-state percentage, so that would make public universities much less appealing to OOS recruits.

Advertisement
You have no idea what's going on, but carry forth Capt Clueless.
Its posted each of the approximate 90 players on the team are getting $5k. You for some reason chime in with a dumbass comment that they might not all get $5k. I then post the interview of Dan Lambert saying all 90 will get the 5k, proceed by you somehow try to back up your stupid comment by saying "they still might not get the $5k if they don't fulfill their endorsement obligations". #You'reAnAssClown

As indicated previously on this thread, "self-made" is an extraordinarily subjective term. As is "known" wealth.

The "problem" is that the University of Miami is a university, not a football team.

The Herbert family gave $100 million not too long ago to name the School of Business. As a Herbert School of Business alum, I will GLADLY take that money to reflect on my degree over hiring a few extra assistants.

People who go to real schools do so to earn the strongest degree possible and make a career, not to win football games. This fanbase does not understand that. Nobody going to Stanford is prioritizing the football team over the university.
You’re speaking the truth man. Stanford is one of my daughter’s top schools and I don’t give a **** about that football but a degree from that school can open a lot of opportunities for my daughter.

You’re speaking the truth man. Stanford is one of my daughter’s top schools and I don’t give a **** about that football but a degree from that school can open a lot of opportunities for my daughter.

Isn't it crazy how people will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a degree and care more about the degree being strong than winning some football games?

Advertisement

Oh yeah? You wanna chat about that fella? Where did you graduate from, and what do you do for a living?

Advertisement
Back