Business decisions

Advertisement
You hire the American Heritage head coach and this happens.

2018 Class - Power 5 Signees
Patrick Surtain Jr. - Alabama Never had a shot
Tyson Campbell - Georgia Obvious he was all SEC
Nesta Silvera - Miami
Anthony Schwartz - Auburn Lightly recruited
Andrew Chatfield - Florida Offered late as a ploy to try to get all 4 to come
Miles Jones - Nebraska

2017 Class - Power 5 Signees
Tederrell Slaton - Florida
Marco Wilson - Florida
Kai-Leon Herbert - Miami
James Houston - Florida
Dontavius Butler - Nebraska
George Ellis - TCU

2016 Class - Power 5 Signees
Brian Burns - Florida State
Nick Eubanks, Michigan
Brandon Johnson - Tennessee
Khalil Herbert - Kansas (really stretching P5 with this one lol)

We've got TWO kids from the school he coached at. TWO.

That is horrible no matter what trees you are focused on instead of the forest.

FIFY

What do any of those details matter? They don't, man.

Lol ok, yea just keep up your agenda bro

A few thoughts.

- I mostly agree with Dmoney, but moreso than the specific position coach recruiting fails, I do think it's fair to worry that 2 years in a row they've closed like ****. Yes the rest of the class is awesome, on the whole I agree that this is a class that could be championship caliber. But what is the entire org doing wrong that both last year and this year they finished with unfilled spots? I'm all for maintaining high standards, but self imposing unsigned schollies isn't going to fix the depth issues we've heard about every year for the last 10. They need to do better finishing classes. Period. Losing out to Saban on DB - I get it. Not having better backup plans identified and losing players at positions of need to FSU/UF off **** seasons with new coaches? Need to win those battles.

- I know it's NSD so that's the focus, but at the macro level winning championships basically comes down to 2 things. Either you have a star QB that elevates the team to a new level (Watson, Winston, Cam and Tebow basically won the only championships not won by Saban/Meyer in the last 10 years) or an elite coach program builder like Saban/Meyer. I think realistically most of us knew Richt wasn't an elite coach like those guys, which is why he was available in the first place. So as much as it sucks that they didn't close on the elite DBs since they are desperately thin at DB, the most important thin from this class and last year's class is the QB position. Williams or Perry or Weldon needs to be the guy. They have done a good job signing enough playmakers. Searels has done a good job both coaching up the OL and recruiting. How far this team goes beyond what they did this past year is mainly on the QB position.

You hire the American Heritage head coach and this happens.

2018 Class - Power 5 Signees
Patrick Surtain Jr. - Alabama
Tyson Campbell - Georgia
Nesta Silvera - Miami
Anthony Schwartz - Auburn
Andrew Chatfield - Florida
Miles Jones - Nebraska

2017 Class - Power 5 Signees
Tederrell Slaton - Florida
Marco Wilson - Florida
Kai-Leon Herbert - Miami
James Houston - Florida
Dontavius Butler - Nebraska
George Ellis - TCU

2016 Class - Power 5 Signees
Brian Burns - Florida State
Nick Eubanks, Michigan
Brandon Johnson - Tennessee
Khalil Herbert - Kansas (really stretching P5 with this one lol)

We've got TWO kids from the school he coached at. TWO.

That is horrible no matter what trees you are focused on instead of the forest.

I see a bunch of nobodies on that list outside of Nesta Silvera... dead serious. lol these clowns dont understand that Miami is there only shot at being relevant.

A few thoughts.

- I mostly agree with Dmoney, but moreso than the specific position coach recruiting fails, I do think it's fair to worry that 2 years in a row they've closed like ****. Yes the rest of the class is awesome, on the whole I agree that this is a class that could be championship caliber. But what is the entire org doing wrong that both last year and this year they finished with unfilled spots? I'm all for maintaining high standards, but self imposing unsigned schollies isn't going to fix the depth issues we've heard about every year for the last 10. They need to do better finishing classes. Period. Losing out to Saban on DB - I get it. Not having better backup plans identified and losing players at positions of need to FSU/UF off **** seasons with new coaches? Need to win those battles.

- I know it's NSD so that's the focus, but at the macro level winning championships basically comes down to 2 things. Either you have a star QB that elevates the team to a new level (Watson, Winston, Cam and Tebow basically won the only championships not won by Saban/Meyer in the last 10 years) or an elite coach program builder like Saban/Meyer. I think realistically most of us knew Richt wasn't an elite coach like those guys, which is why he was available in the first place. So as much as it sucks that they didn't close on the elite DBs since they are desperately thin at DB, the most important thin from this class and last year's class is the QB position. Williams or Perry or Weldon needs to be the guy. They have done a good job signing enough playmakers. Searels has done a good job both coaching up the OL and recruiting. How far this team goes beyond what they did this past year is mainly on the QB position.

If ur going to give Kul Autonomy, he’s gotta earn it. He hasn’t thus far.

Advertisement
F94908A8-2E1C-4037-833A-107327AD5E84.jpg
top200 FSU commit from the state of Georgia
That bag different in the sec.... it’s that simple lol

Last edited:
Mike Rumph was the type of position coach hire Al Golden would've made, i.e. Ice Harris and Kevin Beard. If Rumph was as effective an on-field coach as his defenders claim, we wouldn't have missed as many premier targets as we have since he arrived. No one knows him better than Campbell & Surtain, but they made business decisions to sign with coaches they trust more with their development.

We're landing DBs with UM ties (Blades/Frierson) and the rare breed that would come here under any circumstance (Bandy/Ivey) while getting annihilated in contested battles. We struck out against the likes of Butch Jones and Jim McElwain the last two cycles and now failed royally with the two best CBs in our backyard after missing on Jobe/Samuel.

If he's retained, then on one should expect anything other than Stevenson, Dent, Richards, and Sanguinetti making similar business decisions in 2019.

It's time for UM to adopt the Oklahoma model. Keep loading up on offense and go full blown spread uptempo. Try to win 50-35. If we're going to recruit so much better on offense, then we need to take full advantage of that.

That formula isn’t going to work. Defense wins championships. Richt and Diaz need to adjust their recruiting strategies to bring in elite athletes on Defense.

Right now.....they better hit the juco ranks and grad transfer list hard to fill some voids on D.....

Mike Rumph was the type of position coach hire Al Golden would've made, i.e. Ice Harris and Kevin Beard. If Rumph was as effective an on-field coach as his defenders claim, we wouldn't have missed as many premier targets as we have since he arrived. No one knows him better than Campbell & Surtain, but they made business decisions to sign with coaches they trust more with their development.

We're landing DBs with UM ties (Blades/Frierson) and the rare breed that would come here under any circumstance (Bandy/Ivey) while getting annihilated in contested battles. We struck out against the likes of Butch Jones and Jim McElwain the last two cycles and now failed royally with the two best CBs in our backyard after missing on Jobe/Samuel.

If he's retained, then on one should expect anything other than Stevenson, Dent, Richards, and Sanguinetti making similar business decisions in 2019.

Whats the other coaches on defense doing?

Advertisement
PS2
Campbell
Samuel
Jobe

0/4

This just isn't something that can be accepted, no matter how well some believe Rumph can coach what he has up. We should be seeking coaches that can do both.

ITS ACTUALLY WORSE. Your leaving off the Marco WIlson/CJ hENDERSON group ...AND the year before.

Whats the love affair with rumph i dont get it

He needs to go he brings nothing to the table

he played on one of our best teams. Other than that i have no clue.....dude gets more love on here than guys like Mike Barrow, Randy Shannon. He'sa position coach..a cb coach at that..sh*t ..doesnt even have the dbs alone

I don't disagree with DMoney, but maybe what we fail to see is our own business decision. What this tells me is we need to open our pocket book to get the Corey Raymonds etc of DB coaching. Not higher Banda (nobody, no offense) and Rumph (not proven).

Some of you need to go back to AG days so you can relearn how to appreciate time like these. We are not Bama. We are not Georgia. Not one person on Miami coaching staff has a ring as a coach. It takes time. We pulled off an amazing class and now we keep building. Stop your fooking whining and do something productive today

Advertisement
PS2
Campbell
Samuel
Jobe

0/4

This just isn't something that can be accepted, no matter how well some believe Rumph can coach what he has up. We should be seeking coaches that can do both.

ITS ACTUALLY WORSE. Your leaving off the Marco WIlson/CJ hENDERSON group ...AND the year before.

And the fact that we chose not to pursue Divaad Wilson or Nadab Joseph at all.

There's going to be an undeniable correlation between anyone defending Rumph after today and those who stood by Golden.

Rumph is probably making $60k per year. Julio Frenk is too cheap to spend real money on assistants, so this is the kind of BS result we get.

Rumph in his first 3 classes:

- loses our top cb prospect to Tennessee
- loses 2 of our top prospects to UF
- loses our top prospect to UGA, and another 5 star to Bama (both played for him at Heritage)

The guy is getting cucked by the SEC year in and year out. Clearly not a good recruiter. I will admit that he has developed some of our guys well but he has left us in an extremely vulnerable position at cb.

So why does Rumph get "the blame" for losing kids, but "super-recruiter" Bandy gets all the credit for successes?

If you want to blame Rumph for Campbell (Miami NEVER had an inside track on Surtain), fine.

But let's not pretend that Bandy had no role in losing Byrd to Tennessee, or Henderson/Edwards to Florida.

And if all of you fake-geniuses think that replacing Rumph is the answer, then come up with a list of DB coaches who could have convinced Campbell and Surtain to sign with Miami over Smart and Saban.

I'll wait.

Mel ****n Tucker
Travaris Robinson

is a start of my list.

**** to be honest if Richt Really knew the land scape..he would of hired alumni Chad Wilson as he has wayy more pull locally with dbs than Rumph ever did.

Advertisement

are u retarded... nobody's claiming anything, Rumph has already proven he can coach fool.

This clueless *** argument about Rumph is hilarious, tell me when was the last time miami was able to sign these SEC groupie SFL dbs? remember Rumph has only been here for 2 years.

Whats the love affair with rumph i dont get it

He needs to go he brings nothing to the table

he played on one of our best teams. Other than that i have no clue.....dude gets more love on here than guys like Mike Barrow, Randy Shannon. He'sa position coach..a cb coach at that..sh*t ..doesnt even have the dbs alone

I been saying it for a minute so I'm glad someone that has clout on the board is saying it. these kids have seen how he coaches and know they have better opportunities to learn the position at other schools. Plus the guys been talking **** about Miami for ever and he's going to still be their boys regardless if they play for him or not. TC and PS though just ****ed over their boy though. They boutta make Rumph lose his job and thats another step back for the culture.

Rumph in his first 3 classes:

- loses our top cb prospect to Tennessee
- loses 2 of our top prospects to UF
- loses our top prospect to UGA, and another 5 star to Bama (both played for him at Heritage)

The guy is getting cucked by the SEC year in and year out. Clearly not a good recruiter. I will admit that he has developed some of our guys well but he has left us in an extremely vulnerable position at cb.

So why does Rumph get "the blame" for losing kids, but "super-recruiter" Bandy gets all the credit for successes?

If you want to blame Rumph for Campbell (Miami NEVER had an inside track on Surtain), fine.

But let's not pretend that Bandy had no role in losing Byrd to Tennessee, or Henderson/Edwards to Florida.

And if all of you fake-geniuses think that replacing Rumph is the answer, then come up with a list of DB coaches who could have convinced Campbell and Surtain to sign with Miami over Smart and Saban.

I'll wait.

Mel ****n Tucker
Travaris Robinson

is a start of my list.

**** to be honest if Richt Really knew the land scape..he would of hired alumni Chad Wilson as he has wayy more pull locally with dbs than Rumph ever did.

and all of those coaches wouldve still gotten the i'm OVing out of respect for you but i gotta feed the fam bs it makes no difference.

You think Coach Richt NEEDS a db coach with a famous sfl "name" to convince football players to commit to play for him?? gtfoh

Failing to land TC is a big miss. Slice that up any way you'd like.

I don't think anybody is debating that one. He's a 6'2 corner running 10.4. Those guys don't come around often. It's a huge loss.

And it's only the beginning. Just like Amari Cooper started the trend to Alabama.

Tyson Campbell used Sony Michel as his "Florida boy in Georgia" the flood gates are opening up, we've already heard Georgia is a main player in a lot of the south Florida kids recuritment for 2019.

Combine that with Alabama and Clemson already cherry picking our guys, i don't see it ending anytime soon.

Its not...worst that we allowed UGA to come into one of our MAIN FEEDER SCHOOLS and get popular guys like Deandre Baker and Divaad Wilson from MNW.

Advertisement
Back