Business decisions

Richt needs to call Lincoln Riley for tips and install an air raid offense. With Lingard toting the rock, Miami's offense could be a juggernaut. Your Heisman trophy winner this year was a walk-on transfer, so don't give me that bs that we need a 5 star qb to make the playoffs. Put up 55 a game and just ask the defense to make some a few stops and force turnovers. Don't need lockdown corners, just a ball hawking secondary- which we already have. Up to see if Richt can change with the times.
OU would make the scoreboard look like a pinball game against our defense.

You are correct. But I think our D could manage a couple turnovers and if you are trading scores that's all that matters. Here's the thing: Miami simply cannot rely on its D to carry the team next year. We are hanging our hat on a scout team all star and a true freshman. Eddie O might suck but the one thing LSU does well is run the ball. They are going to kill us up the middle when we meet in a few months. The strength of the team is now offense and we have 3 legit championship caliber qbs in Perry, Williams, and Weldon (yes, I think Weldon is a baller). Air Raid and not many teams have the athletes to hang with the WRs and TEs. We'd breeze into acc championship next year. Otherwise Richt sticks with his pro style offense, we play 24-20 games and pray our D can hold to close out the game.

Advertisement
There's something else that needs to be said in regards to Rumph and co.

An interview was posted last night with a quote from Campbell's dad stating Alabama & Georgia recruited his son the hardest. Effort means nothing without results, but that's still alarming and pathetic. Campbell was supposedly at the very top of our board and this staff has known all about him ever since they arrived.

He thought he had him in the bag. Yall werent reading the signs....he said it earlier on when he praised like 4 of their coaches...and gave Mike Rumph a pity hes like a father figure comment. I mean i always thought Richt or Manny Diaz should have personally handled the Campbell recruitment from jump..just off the fact dude f'd up two years in a row....but.....Mel Tucker

Yall remember when Rumph said ..Um didnt offer Sony Michel till late......good times!!

This...

Corner back play vs. Wisconsin was atrocious, that didn't help either.

Disagree with this. DBs and specifically CBs were in their hip pockets all game long. Dude made some very lucky pin point back shoulder throws that he hadn't made all season. It was a matter of inches on all 4 of his TDs. One complaint I do have is them not getting their heads around to locate the ball but that happens everywhere including Bama.

Advertisement
Back