Business decisions

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I expect to see people calling for Rumph's head. I don't agree at all, but I get the reaction. Losing those two monsters from his old school was a failure. I also expect to see the usual suspects complaining about South Florida kids choosing to leave town.

Here is the hard truth. If your son is an engineering prodigy, you can't blame him for going to MIT. Alabama and Georgia were in the championship. Saban is the best DB coach alive. These kids want to win championships and go pro.

We need to become the business decision for DBs. That takes time. Nesta Silvera made his own business decision to sign with the best defensive line coach in America. Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory made business decisions to sign with TEU. Jarren Williams made a business decision to sign with a proven developer of QBs.

This is a big-time class. Best offensive class in the nation and very good defensive group. Nesta was the guy keeping me up at night. Him and Ezzard are nasty human beings. Jordan Miller was a gift from the nose tackle Gods. Bethel will be next development project for Rumph. Mike Jackson and Adrian Colbert turned out pretty well.

Richt is one of the most proven recruiters in America, along with Saban and Urban. This class is another feather in his cap.

Advertisement
I expect to see people calling for Rumph's head. I don't agree at all, but I get the reaction. Losing those two monsters from his old school was a failure. I also expect to see the usual suspects complaining about South Florida kids choosing to leave town.

Here is the hard truth. If your son is an engineering prodigy, you can't blame him for going to MIT. Alabama and Georgia were in the championship. Saban is the best DB coach alive. These kids want to win championships and go pro.

We need to become the business decision for DBs. That takes time. Nesta Silvera made his own business decision to sign with the best defensive line coach in America. Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory made business decisions to sign with TEU. Jarren Williams made a business decision to sign with a proven developer of QBs.

This is a big-time class. Best offensive class in the nation and very good defensive group. Nesta was the guy keeping me up at night. Him and Ezzard are nasty human beings. Jordan Miller was a gift from the nose tackle Gods. Bethel will be next development project for Rumph. Mike Jackson and Adrian Colbert turned out pretty well.

Richt is one of the most proven recruiters in America, along with Saban and Urban. This class is another feather in his cap.

So, going along with Nesta coming for Kul, shouldn't we aim for a more recognized and experienced DB coach that will help us become the desatination?

Get the **** outta here with this soft *** take Rumph was brought here to recruit and recruit only he serves 0 purpose on this staff Now

Agreed dmoney. And no, rumph shouldn’t be fired. He wasn’t hired to deliver 2 cbs.

Advertisement
We haven't had a good QB in a decade. Hartley is not the guy that made Miami TEU. Good recruiters get it done.

Georgia was in the championship because of RICHT'S players.

The only thing with Rumph is I cant understand how hes such a good coach (this isnt debatable) but cant recruit worth a ****. I thought it would be the opposite when we hired him. This guy really is horrible at recruiting. But its not like you can fire him..he can coach his a$$ off. What he has done with MJ, Bandy and did with MYoung is impressive. Two 3* and a 4* and he has made them big time players.

The class is good if our goals are to win the Coastal and compete for the ACC title. It’s not good enough for a natty

Advertisement
The only thing with Rumph is I cant understand how hes such a good coach (this isnt debatable) but cant recruit worth a ****. I thought it would be the opposite when we hired him. This guy really is horrible at recruiting. But its not like you can fire him..he can coach his a$$ off. What he has done with MJ, Bandy and did with MYoung is impressive. Two 3* and a 4* and he has made them big time players.

Maybe Miami needs a higher salary cap. Oh wait, we're not allowed to do that.

Get the **** outta here with this soft *** take Rumph was brought here to recruit and recruit only he serves 0 purpose on this staff Now

He was hired to coach. He coached Corn Elder from an inconsistent athlete to an elite football player. He coached Adrian Colbert from a future desk job to a rising star NFL DB. He coached Mike Jackson from an attrition candidate into a preseason All-Conference player.

Losing those kids was a failure. A big one. But you get fired for bad results on the field. That hasn't happened yet, and I don't think it will with studs like Gilbert Frierson, Al Blades and DJ Ivey.

Agreed dmoney. And no, rumph shouldn’t be fired. He wasn’t hired to deliver 2 cbs.

Not primarily, but you'd have to think one of them would follow their old coach. Guess not.

Advertisement
D$, so what business decision was made last year by all those guys that signed with a 5 loss uga team? Bottom line is if the DB coach has to be proven in order to sign kids then we should have hired a proven DB coach. Total and utter fail by Rumph. No two ways about it.

On to spring!

Georgia was in the championship because of RICHT'S players.

Richt had his players for 15 years. Do we really think Smart won't be able to do it with his players? He's keeping everyone at home and railing off #1 classes. Look, I'm glad we have Richt but lets not distort who the better coach is.

F you if you defending rump not only after this class but all the others. He flopped all 3 times. What was the point of hiring a highschool coach if he cant even close the kids he qctually coached LMAO

Advertisement

so pretty much we have to wait for saban to die then?

I'ma post my annual 2-year haul analysis later today once the board simmers down a little. I think put into that perspective you'll see we come out looking pretty good...

DMoney when do you expect the “business decisions” start trending up our way ? Class of 19” & 20”

Advertisement
Back