Business decisions

How many S FL CBs have told Rumph to fvck his own face since he was hired?

I'm not sure if he is a good coach or not, but none of the players that have played for him think he is GOOD! Surtain SR must not think so either.

And yet we were in the Final 3 for both Campbell and Surtain.

I don't like losing out to former DBs Saban and Smart, but at least I can understand it.

Neither Campbell nor Surtain have said that Rumph is not a good coach. But, yes, there might be one or two guys out there who have coached DBs for a much longer time.

And, still, we took Saban and Smart down to the wire for Surtain and Campbell.

C’mon please none of this consolation prize “we were in it st the end”. It’s a results business.

I’ll accept that Rumph can coach DB’s based on Penny's post, and on a couple of years work with some moderate talent, but clearly he’s not clicking with recruits the same way Kul isn’t. Kul is a far better position coach than Rumph, which is his get out of jail card, but the boss needs to upgrade our recruiting one way or another.

We landed some great players for the defensive backfield there’s no doubt, but you don’t want to miss any more opportunities like this in the future. Clearly, something needs to be done.

Advertisement
Failing to land TC is a big miss. Slice that up any way you'd like.

I don't think anybody is debating that one. He's a 6'2 corner running 10.4. Those guys don't come around often. It's a huge loss.

And it's only the beginning. Just like Amari Cooper started the trend to Alabama.

Tyson Campbell used Sony Michel as his "Florida boy in Georgia" the flood gates are opening up, we've already heard Georgia is a main player in a lot of the south Florida kids recuritment for 2019.

Combine that with Alabama and Clemson already cherry picking our guys, i don't see it ending anytime soon.

I keep telling y'all.....its time to focus more on OOS talent to combine with sfla....Miami will never take sfla from the SEC, Clem ,OSU etc...mix it up, especially in the trenches... Need to spend more time recruiting the trenches.... Miami will get enough talent at other positions....still should go OOS for every position can't always use the same pitch with kids in the same back yard at the same position.... shoulda been on kids like Coburn much earlier..

I don't think anybody is debating that one. He's a 6'2 corner running 10.4. Those guys don't come around often. It's a huge loss.

And it's only the beginning. Just like Amari Cooper started the trend to Alabama.

Tyson Campbell used Sony Michel as his "Florida boy in Georgia" the flood gates are opening up, we've already heard Georgia is a main player in a lot of the south Florida kids recuritment for 2019.

Combine that with Alabama and Clemson already cherry picking our guys, i don't see it ending anytime soon.

I keep telling y'all.....its time to focus more on OOS talent to combine with sfla....Miami will never take sfla be from the SEC.....mix it up, especially in the trenches... Need to spend more time recruiting the trenches.... Miami will get enough talent at other positions....still should go OOS for every position can't always use the same pitch with kids in the same back yard at the same position.... shoulda been on kids like Coburn much earlier..

Agreed! It's time to do something. I've been saying that.

How many S FL CBs have told Rumph to fvck his own face since he was hired?

I'm not sure if he is a good coach or not, but none of the players that have played for him think he is GOOD! Surtain SR must not think so either.

And yet we were in the Final 3 for both Campbell and Surtain.

I don't like losing out to former DBs Saban and Smart, but at least I can understand it.

Neither Campbell nor Surtain have said that Rumph is not a good coach. But, yes, there might be one or two guys out there who have coached DBs for a much longer time.

And, still, we took Saban and Smart down to the wire for Surtain and Campbell.
Do you really expect a hs recruit to come out and say he thinks a coach sucks ? When has that EVER happened ?

Campbell just said it was down to UGA and Bama but yea let’s celebrate being in the top 3 . **** I bet even Clemson was ahead of us

Yep.

In life, you get it done or you don't.

Not interested in excuses, only results.

92]I expect to see people calling for Rumph's head. I don't agree at all, but I get the reaction. Losing those two monsters from his old school was a failure. I also expect to see the usual suspects complaining about South Florida kids choosing to leave town.

Here is the hard truth. If your son is an engineering prodigy, you can't blame him for going to MIT. Alabama and Georgia were in the championship. Saban is the best DB coach alive. These kids want to win championships and go pro.

Drink some hard lemonade for your hard truth.

Saban hasn't coached the DB's in YEARS and has had a top flight DB coach there every year.

There is no excuse for missing those 2 DB's.
[/QUOTE]

Why do the other defensive coaches get a pass?[/QUOTE]

Oh they don't. Diaz is flat out horrible and Kool hasn't done jack **** on the trail and failed to keep DJ.

Banda I've always believed was trash.

Advertisement

I keep telling y'all.....its time to focus more on OOS talent to combine with sfla....Miami will never take sfla from the SEC, Clem ,OSU etc...mix it up, especially in the trenches... Need to spend more time recruiting the trenches.... Miami will get enough talent at other positions....still should go OOS for every position can't always use the same pitch with kids in the same back yard at the same position.... shoulda been on kids like Coburn much earlier..

Wrong.

How bout this (which some fans have asked for 10 years):

Stop hiring a coach and staff to recruit. Miami will NEVER EVER win the recruiting game. Never.

Instead, hire elite FOOTBALL coaches, who can win big games with the 3 and 4 star Miami talent. THEN the recruits will come.

We have been doing the wrong thing ever since Butch, thinking that we need to recruit our way out. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

I expect to see people calling for Rumph's head. I don't agree at all, but I get the reaction. Losing those two monsters from his old school was a failure. I also expect to see the usual suspects complaining about South Florida kids choosing to leave town.

Here is the hard truth. If your son is an engineering prodigy, you can't blame him for going to MIT. Alabama and Georgia were in the championship. Saban is the best DB coach alive. These kids want to win championships and go pro.

We need to become the business decision for DBs. That takes time. Nesta Silvera made his own business decision to sign with the best defensive line coach in America. Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory made business decisions to sign with TEU. Jarren Williams made a business decision to sign with a proven developer of QBs.

This is a big-time class. Best offensive class in the nation and very good defensive group. Nesta was the guy keeping me up at night. Him and Ezzard are nasty human beings. Jordan Miller was a gift from the nose tackle Gods. Bethel will be next development project for Rumph. Mike Jackson and Adrian Colbert turned out pretty well.

Richt is one of the most proven recruiters in America, along with Saban and Urban. This class is another feather in his cap.

That's a nice way to look it. Another way to say it is that a father with a db "prodigy" cannot get adequate enough coaching at UM to get where a Saban can take him.

I'll stick with what I believe, UM cannot offer what UGA offered Campbell. I'll also hedge a bet that any interview Surtain, Sr had at Alabama had little to do with the DB coaching position.

UM

Yep.

92]I expect to see people calling for Rumph's head. I don't agree at all, but I get the reaction. Losing those two monsters from his old school was a failure. I also expect to see the usual suspects complaining about South Florida kids choosing to leave town.

Saban hasn't coached the DB's in YEARS and has had a top flight DB coach there every year.

Why do the other defensive coaches get a pass?[/QUOTE]

Oh they don't. Diaz is flat out horrible and Kool hasn't done jack **** on the trail and failed to keep DJ.

Banda I've always believed was trash.[/QUOTE]

@Tee3000

Tee, you know I have great respect for your coaching acumen.

Couple questions...

How do YOU feel about Rumph's coaching (not his recruiting) thus far after 2 years at the college level?

Same question on "Karl Scott".

Finally, are these kids choosing based on "position coach" and "resume", or is it just about overall success level (i.e., being in the Final Four playoffs makes all other considerations less important)?

Last edited:

Wrong.

Stop hiring a coach and staff to recruit. Miami will NEVER EVER win the recruiting game. Never.

Instead, hire elite FOOTBALL coaches, who can win big games with the 3 and 4 star Miami talent. THEN the recruits will come.

We have been doing the wrong thing ever since Butch, thinking that we need to recruit our way out. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

You're not winning $#!+ with a roster full of 3* these days....you sound like a broke 90s rapper complaining about the current state of hiphop...lol

Advertisement

Exactly.. we settled for Bethel because it was the easy target. When there were bigger Cb's still available but would have required recruiting, I saw a bunch of 4 star db's that ended up signing else where over the past couple weeks. But that would have required effort. Instead we took a project and whiffed on the big boys left in state. It was lazy.

Blades - Legacy
Gil - Legacy

Recruiting wins .. Ivey and Bethel

Kul is lost, I won't listen to an argument otherwise. He's clearly got an ego. He stopped recruiting kids who didn't commit early, then chased some big names, didn't think he could win those so he circled back to the kids he dropped. And they did what any 17 year old kid does, stick it right back in his face. We lost 5 d-lineman and still couldn't get them

Wrong.

You're not winning $#!+ with a roster full of 3* these days....you sound like a broke 90s rapper complaining about the current state of hiphop...lol

Did you watch UCF?

Did you watch Oregon for 10 years?

How about TCU, MSU?

The difference is, at Miami when you win like those aforementioned programs, you get the added booster of the elite kids wanting in and staying home, which then propels you to a championship level.

Fans like you are why the program is mired in mediocrity. You STILL don't get how things work here.

Wrong.

Lol listen man, Richt was recruiting 4 and 5 stars at Georgia and didn't win a championship. So if you're saying we should focus on 3 stars and coach them up. You might need to find a new coach.

I don't think that's a recipe for success. The teams that win on the field win in recruiting.

Wrong.

Did you watch UCF?

How about TCU, MSU?

The difference is, at Miami when you win like those aforementioned programs, you get the added booster of the elite kids wanting in and staying home, which then propels you to a championship level.

Fans like you are why the program is mired in mediocrity. You STILL don't get how things work here.

Please let me know which of those teams you mentioned has last won the national championship?

Advertisement
Jesus you are thick.

READ THE WHOLE POST.

The only way Miami is going to get back is if we win like those programs (TCU, Oregon, MSU, UCF). THEN, the elite kids will come, which will bump you from that top 10 status to a national title program.

Thinking that having Mark Richt, his plain offense, Diaz and his mediocre defense, and band of recruiters is going to win you a title is foolish.

Yep.

Why do the other defensive coaches get a pass?

Banda I've always believed was trash.[/QUOTE]

Tee, you know I have great respect for your coaching acumen.

Couple questions...

How do YOU feel about Rumph's coaching (not his recruiting) thus far after 2 years at the college level?

Same question on "Karl Scott".

Finally, are these kids choosing based on "position coach" and "resume", or is it just about overall success level (i.e., being in the Final Four playoffs makes all other considerations less important)?[/QUOTE]

I'm a mixed bag when it comes to Rumph's coaching. He got Elder, Colbert, and Jackson to play at levels I didn't think they had in them but Dee Delaney regressed and Malek Young did also.

So I think he's a good coach.

Karl Scott is the new DB coach at Bama...he's pretty **** good.

Honestly, when a kid chooses Bama, you understand it's the success, pedigree, Saban, etc.

But when they choose UGA who hasn't won **** since the 80's...I don't have a clue why they go other than taking money.

Advertisement
Rumph in his first 3 classes:

- loses our top cb prospect to Tennessee
- loses 2 of our top prospects to UF
- loses our top prospect to UGA, and another 5 star to Bama (both played for him at Heritage)

The guy is getting cucked by the SEC year in and year out. Clearly not a good recruiter. I will admit that he has developed some of our guys well but he has left us in an extremely vulnerable position at cb.

So why does Rumph get "the blame" for losing kids, but "super-recruiter" Bandy gets all the credit for successes?

If you want to blame Rumph for Campbell (Miami NEVER had an inside track on Surtain), fine.

But let's not pretend that Bandy had no role in losing Byrd to Tennessee, or Henderson/Edwards to Florida.

And if all of you fake-geniuses think that replacing Rumph is the answer, then come up with a list of DB coaches who could have convinced Campbell and Surtain to sign with Miami over Smart and Saban.

I'll wait.

Enough with the Surtain excuses. The rap all along with Surtain was that we couldn't expect to land him because he was an LSU lock since he came out of the womb. Well, that proved false.

As for Banda, who cares? Banda wasn't hired from AH. He was never referred to by Tyson Campbell as a second father figure.

Wrong.

Did you watch UCF?

How about TCU, MSU?

Even when Miami is elite...the top kids go elsewhere bc they are afraid of the competition.

I've never seen anything like it.

I said it then when we hired Rumph and Banda. You cannot go CHEAP or inexperienced with the DB position at a school like Miami. You just cannot and we went cheap and inexperienced.

It's a joke...

Advertisement
Back