Burgess

Advertisement
Some creepy *** mother****ers posting pics in this thread
+1
Hahaaaaaa... I hope some of these people are around his age... No one 21 and up should be fb friends with a high school kid...

what about high school girls?

Say, for instance, cute one's who babysit your kid and have a penchant for posting scantily clad girl/camera/mirror pics of themselves?

This is purely hypothetical, of course.

Some creepy *** mother****ers posting pics in this thread
+1
Hahaaaaaa... I hope some of these people are around his age... No one 21 and up should be fb friends with a high school kid...

what about high school girls?

Say, for instance, cute one's who babysit your kid and have a penchant for posting scantily clad girl/camera/mirror pics of themselves?

This is purely hypothetical, of course.

And then you realize...that pic that just showed up in the jailbait thread is from your house, and the gif mirvin just posted, is your kid in the background while she's booty dancing on youtube in her thong.

Purely hypothetical, of course.

If Burgess competes and wins a position, ****, I'm all for it.

And I really don't care how big or how much they weigh, as long as they can attack and rip heads off with great enthusiasm.

But - and it's just a suggestion - let's not put this particular photograph on the cover of our game programs, and especially not on the University introduction booklet.

I don't see Golden pushing out a legacy kid. Golden seems to be pretty sensitive to our past players. My feeling is the opposite of Bomb here. If this kid wants out, it's because he changed his mind. I just don't see a legacy kid being ignored and passively or actively pushed out.

There are good ways to do it. An honest conversation about how you currently have him evaluated against other players in his class, playing time, other issues. In the end, you offer to honor his scholarship, because you "like and respect him and his family," you just want to be open and honest with them "to help them make the best decision" and BTW if there is another opportunity at another school, we are happy to "evaluate their roster for you to help you make the right decision."

That's the honorable way to do it, as opposed to some of the UF antics over the years. You can help guide a kid away.

Advertisement
I don't see Golden pushing out a legacy kid. Golden seems to be pretty sensitive to our past players. My feeling is the opposite of Bomb here. If this kid wants out, it's because he changed his mind. I just don't see a legacy kid being ignored and passively or actively pushed out.

There are good ways to do it. An honest conversation about how you currently have him evaluated against other players in his class, playing time, other issues. In the end, you offer to honor his scholarship, because you "like and respect him and his family," you just want to be open and honest with them "to help them make the best decision" and BTW if there is another opportunity at another school, we are happy to "evaluate their roster for you to help you make the right decision."

That's the honorable way to do it, as opposed to some of the UF antics over the years. You can help guide a kid away.

Who has UF 'pushed' away over the years? You realize we're nearly 20 scholarships below the limit right? We've had classes with 17 kids in them. So what antics are you speaking about again?

Who has UF 'pushed' away over the years? You realize we're nearly 20 scholarships below the limit right? We've had classes with 17 kids in them. So what antics are you speaking about again?

One thing about this board i really don't get is how many fans we get from other schools who post here regularly. Seriously, why? GTFO....or stay in the WEZ

Not "pushed away." Downright left out to dry. UF has just up and dropped a kid, pulled their scholly at the last minute. Left them hanging.

Not sure what you are referencing regarding numbers. We will be at or almost at 85 this Fall, IMHO so this isn't about having room. It's about whether a kid is good enough to make an impact here before you commit to giving him one of your precious 85 slots for four years.

Advertisement
I get Bomb's point with almost all recruits, but not 100% sure Golden would do it to a legacy kid, whose father is a current or potential donor.

Not "pushed away." Downright left out to dry. UF has just up and dropped a kid, pulled their scholly at the last minute. Left them hanging.

Not sure what you are referencing regarding numbers. We will be at or almost at 85 this Fall, IMHO so this isn't about having room. It's about whether a kid is good enough to make an impact here before you commit to giving him one of your precious 85 slots for four years.
Storm is a Gators fan, so he was stating that UF is 20 below on the roster.

LOL dude you're full of ****. In Meyer's tenure we signed more than 25 exactly 3 times! Every other time we were under the limit. For UF to have just upped and dropped a kid it would mean we were oversigning and needed to drop a kid to make room. Again...we're 20 UNDER the limit which flies in the face of your accusations. Stop making up ****. In fact, most UF fans were livid we weren't signing full classes each year. We had more than enough room and never took advantage of it.

LOL dude you're full of ****. In Meyer's tenure we signed more than 25 exactly 3 times! Every other time we were under the limit. For UF to have just upped and dropped a kid it would mean we were oversigning and needed to drop a kid to make room. Again...we're 20 UNDER the limit which flies in the face of your accusations. Stop making up ****. In fact, most UF fans were livid we weren't signing full classes each year. We had more than enough room and never took advantage of it.

Really? They couldn't drop a kid because he had a bad SR year and they decided they didn't want him? Interesting. I never knew the only reason to drop a kid was because of room. I had no idea that recruiting was such a simple process.

No one is "making up ****." I could care less what happens in Gainesville and have no desire to stop my work day, or the valuable little breaks I take to follow my Canes in order to concoct stories about the current OSU coach Urban Meyer (who, ironically, I am currently defending as a great coach in another thread somewhere else- too funny).

I've been following recruiting closely since 1996. If you, a Gator hanging out on a Canes board seeking some sort of validation doesn't believe me, I assure you, I will sleep just fine regardless. Or maybe you don't quite know everything? Doesn't matter. You won't believe me, and the world will keep spinning. It tends to do that.

Advertisement

Really? They couldn't drop a kid because he had a bad SR year and they decided they didn't want him? Interesting. I never knew the only reason to drop a kid was because of room. I had no idea that recruiting was such a simple process.

No one is "making up ****." I could care less what happens in Gainesville and have no desire to stop my work day, or the valuable little breaks I take to follow my Canes in order to concoct stories about the current OSU coach Urban Meyer (who, ironically, I am currently defending as a great coach in another thread somewhere else- too funny).

I've been following recruiting closely since 1996. If you, a Gator hanging out on a Canes board seeking some sort of validation doesn't believe me, I assure you, I will sleep just fine regardless. Or maybe you don't quite know everything? Doesn't matter. You won't believe me, and the world will keep spinning. It tends to do that.

Of course they COULD, that's a far cry from saying they did like you know it happened. The facts suggest otherwise, especially since Meyer rarely got early commits so there would be no one to cut. He perpetually undersigned also so he wasn't cutting kids to make room for higher rated prospects as you suggested earlier..he had all the room he needed as we hardly ever used all our ships. Again, we're nearly 20 under the limit, he signed a full 25 exactly 3 times during his tenure.

Even if we accept your BS that they were cutting a kid because he under-performed that would imply they have a better prospect to take his place. Considering UF was signing guys who were the consensus top guys at their position, I find it hard to fathom they were cutting guys because they had a bad senior year and didn't want him LOL. What a ridiculous hypothetical, sure, they're cutting a guy ranked #1 at his position and wanted by everybody because he had a bad senior year LOL. But keep making up **** and passing it off as if you know something. And trust me, I don't need any validation from you. LOL@ you resorting to that ridiculous argument because you got called on your bull****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Burgess. We have been stocking up on size/speed linebackers, nothing wrong with a quality football player to add to the mix.

Of course they COULD, that's a far cry from saying they did like you know it happened. The facts suggest otherwise, especially since Meyer rarely got early commits so there would be no one to cut. He perpetually undersigned also so he wasn't cutting kids to make room for higher rated prospects as you suggested earlier..he had all the room he needed as we hardly ever used all our ships. Again, we're nearly 20 under the limit, he signed a full 25 exactly 3 times during his tenure.

Even if we accept your BS that they were cutting a kid because he under-performed that would imply they have a better prospect to take his place. Considering UF was signing guys who were the consensus top guys at their position, I find it hard to fathom they were cutting guys because they had a bad senior year and didn't want him LOL. What a ridiculous hypothetical, sure, they're cutting a guy ranked #1 at his position and wanted by everybody because he had a bad senior year LOL. But keep making up **** and passing it off as if you know something. And trust me, I don't need any validation from you. LOL@ you resorting to that ridiculous argument because you got called on your bull****.

thx 4 the analysis

Shouldn't you be on a Gator board fretting about who is going to be your OC? You're going to have to compete with Auburn and Alabama for one, you know. What The Ohio State Head Coach did to a kid a few years ago before he left UF would new the last thing to get me so riled up if I were you. Live in the present. But so it goes.

Advertisement
Back