Burgess

Advertisement
Advertisement
If your name is not Duke Johnson, Raphael Kirby, Jelani Hamilton, Preston Dewey, Ereck Flowers, Danny Isidora, Rayshawn Jenkins, Reggie Northrup or Angelo Jean-Louis then you are easily replaced and if you want to leave then leave. Your spot will be replaced instantly and it will be your loss, not ours. I like the guys we have, but Florida is too stacked with talent to be worrying about losing a 6 foot 195 lbs LBer. If he wants to go to Kentucky and chill with some 'necks, by all means , go.

Advertisement
I really don't know what to make of this. It looks about as ghey as J12 in the raiders overalls.

I've always had questinos about Burgess. Small, slower, no motor, not really sure why we took his commitment except that his name is Burgess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he ends up somewhere else it will be because we drop him or politely push him away, IMHO.

I've been saying since March when I met and saw him firsthand all day at a camp that he's a real tweener. With money on the line, I'd guess he was just under 6' and 190 lbs. He's a good football player, and he's decently fast, but I don't think he's talented enough to make up for the size issue. He also doesn't appear, in my amateur opinion, to have a frame where it would be easy to add the necessary build to be a Golden sized LB.

Add in his injury slash lack of production this year, and I am just not sure he's Miami material. He's a legacy, and I wish the very best for him. He's a really nice kid, who, IMHO, isn't going to any other school in the country if he has a spot with us. He loves Miami and was wearing Miami Hurricanes dog tags when I met him.

If he ends up somewhere else, especially at a lesser program like L'ville, its a GOOD sign that recruiting is going well at UM.

This is all my opinion.

I thought about that scenario, and have to agree.

If Golden wants more size/strength on the team, then you have to wonder how closely Burgess fits that profile.

If he is looking elsewhere, the UM coaches may have something to do with that.

He will end up being a very good linebacker where ever he ends up. And with the severe lack of LB depth, he would be a great get in this class. Not sure why you guys turn on these kids so quick. He is just having fun and trying not to be disrespectful during his visit.

I guess PJ Williams is a bad kid too because he threw up the U while still committed to FSU?

Bomb, good post. I can't disagree with you on the details as I have not seen him play first hand, but on film he has great awareness and good speed (4.6 ish). You really don't think he can fit into a 3-4 scheme somewhere?

He will end up being a very good linebacker where ever he ends up. And with the severe lack of LB depth, he would be a great get in this class. Not sure why you guys turn on these kids so quick. He is just having fun and trying not to be disrespectful during his visit.

I guess PJ Williams is a bad kid too because he threw up the U while still committed to FSU?

Bomb, good post. I can't disagree with you on the details as I have not seen him play first hand, but on film he has great awareness and good speed (4.6 ish). You really don't think he can fit into a 3-4 scheme somewhere?

I am very wary. Again, he's real small and tight, I think it will be hard for him to get to 215, let alone 225 or 230. He is going to get pushed around. He's a "good" player, with "good" speed, and "good" awareness, but you need to be GREAT in some areas to overcome size, IMHO.

Believe me, I want to love him as a prospect. He's a legacy. He's a really nice kid. He loves UM. But I've been consistent and objective about how I felt about him since Spring. His injury sure isn't helping. I was hoping he'd have a monster SR year to make me feel different.

But ****, he has some really good offers, and I'm just a guy 1000 miles away with a laptop who saw him without pads for 2 hours once. Who knows? I do feel strongly that if he is able to come to Miami, he will sign with Miami.

Advertisement
Back