Burgess

He seems to go against the grain of what Golden wants in a LB in terms of size, but it seems like he is a good football player. If he signs with us, well then that's a good starting point. He's definitely going to have to bulk up substantially. He's another guy that "looks" like he is going to take several years just to get to the steady 215 range. By the end of his time here, I suspect he'll be in the 220 ish range. That's not particularly big.

Advertisement
I think Golden can get by with one smallish linebacker whose game is based more on quickness and speed, he just can't field an entire defense full of them. Perryman isn't exactly a giant and he looks just fine.

I think Golden can get by with one smallish linebacker whose game is based more on quickness and speed, he just can't field an entire defense full of them. Perryman isn't exactly a giant and he looks just fine.

Perryman makes up for his lack of size with his excessive intensity and driving force. stud.

Perryman makes up for his lack of size with his excessive intensity and driving force. stud.

Its not like Burgess doesn't have some intensity. Dude is a tackling machine.

True, but if Burgess were to split it would be because he is afraid of competition. Northrupp, Kirby, Witt, Paul, Perryman, Johnson, Buchanan... we got some linebackers coming in finally.

Advertisement
True, but if Burgess were to split it would be because he is afraid of competition. Northrupp, Kirby, Witt, Paul, Perryman, Johnson, Buchanan... we got some linebackers coming in finally.

I really dont think that is the issue.. Louisville has a lot more depth than Miami as they went 3 deep at each LB position all season. They only have one Senior out of that group plus they have 2 or 3 LB's coming into their class.

He seems to go against the grain of what Golden wants in a LB in terms of size, but it seems like he is a good football player. If he signs with us, well then that's a good starting point. He's definitely going to have to bulk up substantially. He's another guy that "looks" like he is going to take several years just to get to the steady 215 range. By the end of his time here, I suspect he'll be in the 220 ish range. That's not particularly big.

I want to say he looks like a safety, but he actually looked more like a CB to me. Not encouraging when you are a LB. He doesn't have DB speed obviously, thus my tweener comment.

If you take size out of the equation, I would give DP the advantage in every single talent category over him. Speed, instincts, physicality, etc.

I am flat out saying, based on talking to the kid, seeing him camp, and following what I read, that if he "decommits" from us, it will be because we pushed him out, not because he picked another school over us. From what I experienced, he's all Cane. This is all just my opinion based on the above.

Advertisement
because numbers are getting tight and you may have changed your mind on a particular player after seeing his senior year on the field and academically (not saying this is the case here by the way - just why you would gently encourage a committed player to go elsewhere)

I don't see Golden pushing out a legacy kid. Golden seems to be pretty sensitive to our past players. My feeling is the opposite of Bomb here. If this kid wants out, it's because he changed his mind. I just don't see a legacy kid being ignored and passively or actively pushed out.

Advertisement
Somebody tell me - PLEASE tell me - is this photoshop'd?

This can't be a real photograph . . . can it?

After being married for a long time - sometimes seems like forever - she'll ask if something makes her butt look big?

If I were Burgess, and he's wearing these jeans - and this wasn't photoshopped - he really doesn't need to ask that question.

Last edited:
Why would we push a committed player out of the class?

Your starting to see the genius in our coaching staff.

1) Hold camps

2) Evaluate as many players as possible.

3) Offer the one's that you like the most, the one's with the most upside and potential.

4) Most kids are not household names at our camps and don't have a high star count next to their name, they are ripe for the picking.

5) Accept commits from those that are willing to do so.

6) Track the progress of the commits

7) Keep recruiting the **** out of everybody else that you like from S. Florida and wherever.

8) Accept commits from people you like better

9) Subtlety start pushing kids away so they can start looking elsewhere

Some kids have mentioned that they did not hear from coaches for a month or so while the season was going on right? Maybe there is more to this then we think?

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that a group of intelligent individuals like our coaching staff would simply forget to call recruits for a month or two. They are not stupid there is a method behind the madness in this case and IMO.

His facebook picture now. Asking people to comment on UM vs UL

I think he is just having fun

252106_10150280915130912_578000911_7698384_344454_n.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
His profile is public and I am with you guys on posting pictures, but honestly the attitude of **** him after the Louisville picture was posted was so stupid. I just wanted to show everyone its just a kid having fun with the process.

I don't know what this "golden sized lb" stuff is suppose to mean. Golden seems **** bent on being versitile and playing the best players player like most every div 1 coach (most likely 100%). If Burgess is one of the 3 best he will play regardless of size. ****, USC starts two frosh lb's and both are probabley under 200lb's.

Advertisement
Back