Bubble/Quick Screen

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well until they get that part together it needs to be dead
Did you watch Steve Os breakdown? Did you watch Miami vs App State during the Richt era? Teams know Miami has speed at wideout so they are sitting in cover 3..How do you beat a team playing soft? Bubble…I’m not taking that away from my offense when it’s a easy throw and it’s moving my team down the field..

Did you watch Steve Os breakdown? Did you watch Miami vs App State during the Richt era? Teams know Miami has speed at wideout so they are sitting in cover 3..How do you beat a team playing soft? Bubble…I’m not taking that away from my offense when it’s a easy throw and it’s moving my team down the field..
I don’t care what happened during the Richt era or on his breakdown. I’ve watched under this current OC and it is run well and is ineffective.

It doesn’t move THIS team down the field

Advertisement
Definitely too predictable. It's not the call so much as how and when it is used. Defenses just have to play off us in twins or trips and they'll bait our QB to throw it. Will go for a pick 6 if we don't get a little more creative in our play calling.

What I'd like to see is a designed fake off that throw. Look that way or even pump it that way to fool the zone coverage into coming up, then hit a guy in stride in the space where the DB vacated.

Definitely too predictable. It's not the call so much as how and when it is used. Defenses just have to play off us in twins or trips and they'll bait our QB to throw it. Will go for a pick 6 if we don't get a little more creative in our play calling.

What I'd like to see is a designed fake off that throw. Look that way or even pump it that way to fool the zone coverage into coming up, then hit a guy in stride in the space where the DB vacated.
I keep thinking we will see that, but nope, never happens.

Advertisement
Whatever you want to call them, we need to get rid of it.
Our QBs throw terrible passes on them. We block them soo poorly. The timing on them is brutal. Lastly, we usually lose yardage on them.

It hasn’t mattered who the QB was.
You would think the play you make a staple of your offense would be executed so much better.

These are largely pre snap RPOs so most of them are chosen by the QB. But you’re right we don’t throw or block them well. Too static. They need to be leading the WR away so he picks up the blocks. Most of them look like wounded ducks

Advertisement
That wasn’t a bubble screen. Brashard was being used as a RB on that play, and it was a well designed quick rollout pass. Totally different from the typical bubble screen that Mr. Dynasty was referring to.
Thought it was a "quick screen" not a bubble screen.

Advertisement
Back