Bubba Bolden is the Best Safety in the Country and Nesta Silvera is the Best DT in the Country

Advertisement
Absolutely hard - elite college players fall to Day 2 all the time because of the value and skillset teams look for as well as the value assigned to certain positions.

Just look at some of the IOL and IDL in last year's draft. Guys like Davon Hamilton, Jordan Elliott, Damien Lewis, Matt Hennessey, and Lloyd Cushenberry all going in Round 3. Yetur Gross-Matos had 17 sacks and 34.5 TFLs over his last 2 years and went Round 2.

haha according to people on this board all our guys are always top 1-3rd talents

Most of you don't know s*** anyone here who looks at bubba skill set and doesn't think he's going between the first and the third with what we've seen SO FAR is .... Nesta is up for debate, time will tell.

Advertisement
@BeastMode Marvin Wilson at FSU is considered a 1st round pick and Nesta Silvera is at worst equally as talented. Nesta doesn’t just bull rush, he is an elite athlete at the DT position.

The way he disengages from a blocker and immediately accelerates towards the QB or ball carrier is elite.. then he is still in control enough to breakdown and punish whoever he gets his hands on.

Did you see how FSUs QB was rolling on the ground after Nesta ran him down and then pile drived his *** into the dirt?? 🔥🔥🔥🔥
That was a thing a beauty, nesta has judo/wrestling hands, once he locks on, it's a wrap. The best part was, I don't think he even knew we got the turnover, that play reminded me of these:

(My favorite part of watching them play)

Nesta isn't the best dt on the team
ROFL, Imma nesta fan, always has been, this man made 2 standout plays against FSU, and somehow he's being annointed a 1st round pick, lol. Whoever is saying that, should at least wait to see what he does against Clemson before making those type bold statements, however he does have great short area quickness. I'll tell what has always been 1st round with nesta, it's his mindset and that dog in em, him and Blades won't have no fear against them as well as Ivey, going to be real interesting.

You have to be SPECIAL to be drafted in the first as an underclassman DT. Nesta isn't there yet. He needs to come back if he wants to go 2nd round or better.

Advertisement
Bubba is playing like an AA right now. Nesta has played well but is nowhere near a 1st rounder. He doesn’t have elite athleticism for his position and he needs more technique. What he does have is a mean streak and mind set to play the position. He is a violent mfer.

I completely disagree with the part about Nesta not having elite athleticism for a DT

haha according to people on this board all our guys are always top 1-3rd talents

That's what they are told by friends/family, fans and agents.....then they get screwed in the draft.

Miami needs coaches and support staff to develop trust/transparency with these kids to properly evaluate their value after each season, so they have what they need to make solid financial and career based decisions. Kids who leave early to get a jump start on paychecks but aren't ready put themselves as a disadvantage bc if they can't show out in camp or preseason, there's a high chance they won't stick. So getting a jump start on that paycheck or 2nd contract doesn't mean anything.

I completely disagree with the part about Nesta not having elite athleticism for a DT
Doesn’t @Lance Roffers always do break downs of this stuff? He had Nesta at 67th percentile if I remember correctly. That’s no indication of what kind of player Nesta, as we are lucky to have him at DT, just that athletically he isn’t elite.

Advertisement
Doesn’t @Lance Roffers always do break downs of this stuff? He had Nesta at 67th percentile if I remember correctly. That’s no indication of what kind of player Nesta, as we are lucky to have him at DT, just that athletically he isn’t elite.
I kinda see where Krazy is coming from. Nesta i think is a borderline elite athlete in college football, especially when you remember just how strong that mf is. But agree with you that he's not elite in NFL standards. Aaron Donald like players are elite

I kinda see where Krazy is coming from. Nesta i think is a borderline elite athlete in college football, especially when you remember just how strong that mf is. But agree with you that he's not elite in NFL standards. Aaron Donald like players are elite
Well the context is being a 1st rounder

Advertisement
RJ Mcintosh went 5th round and he is a better player then SIlvera right now..SIlvera is a 6th/7th rounder FA at the moment..

Advertisement
Back