Bubba Bolden is the Best Safety in the Country and Nesta Silvera is the Best DT in the Country

Advertisement
Nesta is balling & showing great leadership this year. He still has that dawg in him but he's channeling it more appropriately into performance on the field.

Bolden is the "Eraser" and it's great to see him playing at a high level. Having a huge impact on the effectiveness of the defense. Very happy we have him.

I kinda see where Krazy is coming from. Nesta i think is a borderline elite athlete in college football, especially when you remember just how strong that mf is. But agree with you that he's not elite in NFL standards. Aaron Donald like players are elite

Aaron Donald is in a class by himself, he’s not the measure for the talent level among those considered some of the best to currently play the DT position. I can use Grady Jarrett as an example. He’s one of the best DTs in the game but just going off the eye test Nesta Silvera is a much better athlete than him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He isn’t as good as the UF kid that transferred here few years ago. He might end up being but not even close yet. I see no first rounders on our team as of yet. Greg Rousseau might be

Rousseau of course made a lot of great plays but he also disappeared against FIU and La. Tech (or maybe it was another two teams toward the end of our schedule last season).
Great young person regardless; curious to see when he gets drafted.

Doesn’t @Lance Roffers always do break downs of this stuff? He had Nesta at 67th percentile if I remember correctly. That’s no indication of what kind of player Nesta, as we are lucky to have him at DT, just that athletically he isn’t elite.
Keep in mind that kids can also change. Getting into shape and in a college S & C program can unlock athleticism for a certain percentage of kids.

The biggest example I have is Myles Garrett, who is an elite athlete by anyone's standards, and he went from a solid athlete coming out of HS into an elite athlete coming out of college.

On the whole, players are who they are and test pretty similarly coming out of HS and out of college. Generally, a .08 improvement in 40-yard dash, .09 improvement in short shuttle, 3" improvement in vertical jump. Many players actually test worse, as they gain muscle and weight in college and test a bit slower.

But like anything else there are outliers in a normal distribution.

Nesta definitely looks like he will test above average, but probably not elite standards coming out of college.

Advertisement
Back