Bryce Gowdy

Advertisement
That’s bs. The kid was begging for help. Mom was overwhelmed with her own problems and didn’t grasp the urgency at the time or just couldn’t handle it herself. She also said she reached out for help for months and couldn’t get it. Mental healthcare is expensive and hard to get. It’s a tragic situation all around but people can be helped and ultimately some suicides can be prevented.

yes if somebody stepped up and got them out of their situation things might have been different but that’s not a realistic expectation.

He was with his mom.... if the thought of leaving her behind to deal with having to mourn your death while also being homeless isn’t enough to not take your own life I don’t see how a conversation would’ve saved him.

Advertisement
Extremely unfortunate & sad story. Suicide should never be the answer though. Im sure many people here have been effected or know someone who has & how it destroys familys. Now his Mom, Dad, & brothers get to ask themselves daily why & what could I have done different. Just brutal. RIP young man

This is horrible man. He must’ve had real mental issues at least that’s what his momma said from the article I read about. Just a **** shame he couldn’t get the help he needed bc of poverty. You hate to see it. He had a chance to get his family out of that situation

Advertisement
You must don't have any kids?

Just because the kid committed suicide doesn't mean He was on drugs.

The mom talks about how strange he was acting the last few days - seeing symbols everywhere and acting very paranoid. These are indications of someone on some type of drug - and it matches with the effects some people have had using K2 or synthetic weed.

The mom talks about how strange he was acting the last few days - seeing symbols everywhere and acting very paranoid. These are indications of someone on some type of drug - and it matches with the effects some people have had using K2 or synthetic weed.
Sometimes you can't teach the ignorant...

Jesus that's heartbreaking. Definitely sounds like he had tried something within the last few days (possibly synthetic weed) since he was talking about seeing symbols and signs and not wanting to be trapped by mirrors and doors.

Also, a lot of you talk crazy about these recruits/players and the decisions they make without knowing what they deal with at home. This kid just finished his senior season, committed to Georgia Tech, but he still has to deal with being homeless and watch his mom struggle not knowing how she is going to take care of herself and her family.
Not necessarily drugs. He could've been dealing with mental illnesses other than just depression.

I'm sure this will rankle some of the private school boys around here who like to gratuitously bash liberals, but if we had Medicare for All or some other form of public health coverage, people like the Gowdys could get the help they need. Not everyone who needs public assistance is a lazy freeloader.

Not necessarily drugs. He could've been dealing with mental illnesses other than just depression.

I'm sure this will rankle some of the private school boys around here who like to gratuitously bash liberals, but if we had Medicare for All or some other form of public health coverage, people like the Gowdys could get the help they need. Not everyone who needs public assistance is a lazy freeloader.
Most mental health pros are booked, it’s not a question of affordability it’s a question of supply. We don’t have enough. This kid would qualify for Medicaid anyway, so it would be paid for.

Advertisement

Leave it up to some people who praise the God of government.....
Btw, The private school boy line reeks of envy.

Leave it up to some people who praise the God of government.....
Btw, The private school boy line reeks of envy.
The god of government? No. It's called using the ****load of taxes we pay on things that benefit the people as a whole, not to finance wars for private profit, or bailouts for banks that commit fraud and crash the economy.

And no envy here. I was a private school boy. I'm just not a sociopath.

The god of government? No. It's called using the ****load of taxes we pay on things that benefit the people as a whole, not to finance wars for private profit, or bailouts for banks that commit fraud and crash the economy.

And no envy here. I was a private school boy. I'm just not a sociopath.
Ok bud...

Advertisement

Mannnn stop, only 3.5% of teens use K2, the other 96.5% use use "real" marijuana.

Advertisement
Back