Bryce Gowdy

The only one who's ignorant is you. The kid had a transcript good enough to get into Cornell. Doesn't jive with your assumptions about black 4 star athletes? That's why you shouldn't jump to conclusions and treat them as fact when you don't know wtf you're talking about.

And if he did try K2, it was likely desperation and not ignorance or stupidity that drove him to it. We know you couldn't understand because you're perfect.
Race baiting I see your agenda. You have no idea who I am and what my color is. So you're shot in the dark is as successful as a Kim jon un missile...
Something tells me you're over compensating for your lack of influence on this kid.
Obviously it's personal for you so I'll let you grieve in peace. Just remember, you can spin it all you want but everyone has different perceptions. My condolences on your loss.

Advertisement
And your boy is keeping them in cages
0721081rickross2a.jpg

Advertisement
And I sincerely hope they never do. Having two children myself, I'd be devastated for you. I certainly wouldn't come on this forum and assassinate their character or demean you as their parent.

Think about that. Happy New Year.
So saying that a crazy act is caused by a f'd up synthetic drug is demeaning? Don't be so I soft in the middle...
source.gif

Advertisement
The only one who's ignorant is you. The kid had a transcript good enough to get into Cornell. Doesn't jive with your assumptions about black 4 star athletes? That's why you shouldn't jump to conclusions and treat them as fact when you don't know wtf you're talking about.

And if he did try K2, it was likely desperation and not ignorance or stupidity that drove him to it. We know you couldn't understand because you're perfect.

Cornell is literally the worst Ivy League school there is. It has like 25k kids. You don't have to smart to play for Cornell. I am not saying this kid isn't smart. I have no idea about him, just pointing out the flaw in this logic.

Advertisement
That’s bs. The kid was begging for help. Mom was overwhelmed with her own problems and didn’t grasp the urgency at the time or just couldn’t handle it herself. She also said she reached out for help for months and couldn’t get it. Mental healthcare is expensive and hard to get. It’s a tragic situation all around but people can be helped and ultimately some suicides can be prevented.

after reading the article today it appears to be a suicide. Very intelligent and talented young man, but that doesn’t have anything to do with whether he was suffering from depression.

to get personal again because I hope it helps this discussion, my daughter was at one of the top engineering schools in the country. In high school she was 4 years varsity softball and basketball, and had good friends. But starting over the summer she started to suffer from depression. But not the kind we think about where she could not get out of bed. Rather she still did well in school, still played sports and exercised at college, but couldn’t find happiness even in success. And still felt the same depair.

in the end she overdosed on pills. then called 911 and saved her own life. It only takes 1-2 minutes to die and more often than not the decision is irrevocable. And certainly walking in front of a train is irrevocable.
let’s have empathy for this young man who couldn’t find happiness in life, and his mom who will suffer from this tragedy for the rest of her life.

Advertisement
Cornell is literally the worst Ivy League school there is. It has like 25k kids. You don't have to smart to play for Cornell. I am not saying this kid isn't smart. I have no idea about him, just pointing out the flaw in this logic.
Cornell is still a very good school. No other Ivy has a dual academic system with one being a land-grant (I believe) agricultural college and the other being an elite traditional academic research university.

I have worked with and known many attorneys who did their undergraduate work at Cornell and attended excellent national law schools. I have known a few who attended Cornell Law. All the people were very bright.

I don"t know where you attended school, but I notice you like to flaunt your own asserted superiority and put down others who do not meet your lofty standards.

This incident is really ****ing me off, bc it happens more than you know, and this is just the latest example. I dont know if the video Gowdy's mother posted detailing the hours leading to her son's suicide has been posted, but it is heartbreaking.

Weve been conditioned to be so ******* mean and nasty to each other that we'll ignore pleas for help from someone we may even dare to call family or friend.

And dont get me started on the mental health aspect of this story which is an EPIDEMIC among black youth. The few avenues of help or support arent readily available to the underprivileged bc "we" cant afford it (all said while passing record defense funding tho).

We look at these kids as football players and drool over their talents, but we rarely stop to remember theres a real human being under that helmet. You never know what kind of pain and struggle is hidden behind that bright smile or spectacular TD. Just remember that the next time you go in our kids.

**** did not have to happen, but it's all too common.

This incident is really ****ing me off, bc it happens more than you know, and this is just the latest example. I dont know if the video Gowdy's mother posted detailing the hours leading to her son's suicide has been posted, but it is heartbreaking.

Weve been conditioned to be so ******* mean and nasty to each other that we'll ignore pleas for help from someone we may even dare to call family or friend.

And dont get me started on the mental health aspect of this story which is an EPIDEMIC among black youth. The few avenues of help or support arent readily available to the underprivileged bc "we" cant afford it (all said while passing record defense funding tho).

We look at these kids as football players and drool over their talents, but we rarely stop to remember theres a real human being under that helmet. You never know what kind of pain and struggle is hidden behind that bright smile or spectacular TD. Just remember that the next time you go in our kids.

**** did not have to happen, but it's all too common.

Seeing your choice of reference and the post. Seems like you're very politicized. Tunnel vision doesn't lead to intellectual rebuttal...

Advertisement
Back