Confirmed Bryan McClendon hired as Co-OC

Advertisement
Hence your nomination for low down troll award, lol

Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single
Nah. I just stick to my word brother. I told y'all I ain't gonna explain **** about this staff filling out. I don't need the attention where others might... We'll be fine and fans need to be nothing but fans again. This is all too traumatic otherwise.

Advertisement
I remember thinking McClendon was coming with Richt from UGA. I think him going to South Carolina was a surprise back then.

Interesting to see him go his own path and still end up coaching at Miami.
Yep. At the time I heard his wife wanted to stay close to family in Ga. which is why BMac went to USCe instead.

Advertisement
Nah. I just stick to my word brother. I told y'all I ain't gonna explain **** about this staff filling out. I don't need the attention where others might... We'll be fine and fans need to be nothing but fans again. This is all too traumatic otherwise.
I know, brother. Was just messing with you

So who’s calling plays in that scenario?
Exactly if McClendon isn't callin plays an no one seems to want Coley callin plays But both would be Co-OC idk how that would work. Id definitely take Coley as a TE coach but not with the scenario above.. I would much rather have Briles or Dorsey. A name for what we need who I personally like is Kliff Kingsbury! We would have our QB Coach and play caller. Play to our strength till Mirabal gets that line right!

Exactly if McClendon isn't callin plays an no one seems to want Coley callin plays But both would be Co-OC idk how that would work. Id definitely take Coley as a TE coach but not with the scenario above.. I would much rather have Briles or Dorsey. A name for what we need who I personally like is Kliff Kingsbury! We would have our QB Coach and play caller. Play to our strength till Mirabal gets that line right!

OMG someone take my life, please. I can't anymore.

Of course the same people that don't understand the basic structure of a CFB staff are also criticizing Mario's hires. Gotta love humans.

Advertisement
I can get behind Dorsey, I don’t think McClendon would call any plays. If he did, It would bring on my PTSD from the Rich Olson/Patrick Nix days. Was really hoping we could lure Brady.

Advertisement
I mean we literally have insiders in here saying Coley wont call plays and people freak out at that possibillity.

Like, wtf? It wont happen for ***** sake, get a grip, some p... and calm down.
We have an incel board

Assuming Dorsey brings the Bills offense with him and he activeley participated in the game planning...

Good:
-QBs will learn to be NFL ready. This will potentially result in higher ranked QB committing
-spread formations used
-under center play action
-explosive play potential (run and pass)
-pro level game plan and breakdown of defensive tendencies
- offensive players will be NFL ready
-Bills were a top 5 offense in most categories

Bad:
- there will be a lot of learning required, don't expect this team to be humming in year 1
-QBs will need several years to learn offense
-requires receivers to make a lot of 50/50 catches and be better than defense
-a lot of scramble drills
-Josh Allen saves the offense a lot (with creative throws and runs)
-requires studs that will out athlete opponents
-plays can take a while to develop

Ugly:
- what's his offensive philosophy
- no body of work
-do players have to be future NFL players

The offense is very good and exciting to watch but I'm not sure if it's the offensive philosophy or the players. It could be productive (like 2000 to 2002) but we might need to go through 1998 and 1999 to get there.
We have horribly stupid fans

Can he bring kyler with him?

Advertisement
Back