Confirmed Bryan McClendon hired as Co-OC

remember reading alot of his former players e.g. kaaya and malik swear by him.

Advertisement
Give me Coley! He had Kaaya looking like a NFL QB before Richt came and ruined him. I think an Great OL will make everything much better
His 15 scripted plays to start the game were great. But he failed to make in game and second half adjustments. Look at the collapses against FSU while he was at Miami.

After hearing nothing but talk about the newly increased budget and the best staff money can buy, if Mario turns around hires Coley as his OC it would be a massive disappointed and a terrible way to start his tenure.
so hiring the entire oregon staff isn't a red flag?

Advertisement
who says we're hiring the entire oregon staff?

we're not taking either of the coordinators (the two most important positions), not taking the DB coach, the LB coach, the TE coach (probably), or the RB coach

keep in mind they were a top 10 program and nearly won three straight pac 12 championships.. so even IF we did take most of the staff I don't think we're in a position to complain

we're not taking either of the coordinators (the two most important positions), not taking the DB coach, the LB coach, the TE coach (probably), or the RB coach

keep in mind they were a top 10 program and nearly won three straight pac 12 championships.. so even IF we did take most of the staff I don't think we're in a position to complain
We're hiring 3 of their coaches and ppl out here like we took the entire staff LOL

@Cribby Will the fact that there's already a co-oc in place be a potential obstacle for an actual offensive coordinator to come here? What I mean is, (a) the oc has to share a title and presumably has to work with McClendon, which someone may or may not want to do? Or maybe this was all blessed ahead of time by the oc?
The play caller will run the show. It’s just a title , pay bump.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After hearing nothing but talk about the newly increased budget and the best staff money can buy, if Mario turns around hires Coley as his OC it would be a massive disappointed and a terrible way to start his tenure.
It would **** me off more than the Enos hire, and that's saying something.

Advertisement
@Cribby Will the fact that there's already a co-oc in place be a potential obstacle for an actual offensive coordinator to come here? What I mean is, (a) the oc has to share a title and presumably has to work with McClendon, which someone may or may not want to do? Or maybe this was all blessed ahead of time by the oc?
Now that is a great question.

I never heard Oc unless that happened recently. I was told AHC and qb, maybe te. If he even says yes. Nobody expected McClendon to Oc until the last couple days but I get it after teams started reaching out.
So we won't be swapping out the Flea Flicker for the HB option pass?

Advertisement
Look at our defense..
There was plenty of blame there as well. But in the 3 games as playcaller we managed 17 points in the second half against FSU. When defenses adjusted he couldn't stay ahead anymore. Georgia realized he wasn't the guy after one season.

95199716-C61F-4495-9F99-7FCE22A6AB75.gif

They did not almost win 3 pac12 championships.

The 2nd one doesnt even count they were 4-3 and won due to covid forfeit. The 3rd they got curbstomped, twice.

Advertisement
Back