Confirmed Bryan McClendon hired as Co-OC

Advertisement
After hearing nothing but talk about the newly increased budget and the best staff money can buy, if Mario turns around hires Coley as his OC it would be a massive disappointed and a terrible way to start his tenure.
To be fair...every single one of the hires we have made...even though they are mostly Oregon coaches...are upgrades over the counterpart that was on our staff.

I can see James Coley on this staff...but not as an OC of some kind unless its simply to give him the salary bump. He won't be a playcaller here (at least I hope).

Co-OC and WR Coach...kind of leads me to believe the OC will be the QB Coach ... makes me think Dorsey, but I guess we'll see.

Advertisement
@Cribby Will the fact that there's already a co-oc in place be a potential obstacle for an actual offensive coordinator to come here? What I mean is, (a) the oc has to share a title and presumably has to work with McClendon, which someone may or may not want to do? Or maybe this was all blessed ahead of time by the oc?

Advertisement
Sort of feels like (to this point) Mario is just bringing his boys from Oregon. Which is not to say that's a bad thing, per se - they clearly were doing some things right out west.

But I was hoping to see a bit more "splash". That might still be on the horizon though. I guess at this point, the Oregon boys are just the quickest hires since their season is over and he already has the connections.

Within days of Mario being hired on the 6th I believe, someone from Oregon listed every coach Mario was taking. He got them all right except one. He had Ken Wilson who is the HC Nevada now as DC and McClendon as WR--OC. I ignored it because the coordinators he had listed.

Advertisement
I thought the staff
@Cribby Will the fact that there's already a co-oc in place be a potential obstacle for an actual offensive coordinator to come here? What I mean is, (a) the oc has to share a title and presumably has to work with McClendon, which someone may or may not want to do? Or maybe this was all blessed ahead of time by the oc?
I thought the staff was locked in?

Advertisement

1641324345519.png

Advertisement
Back