Confirmed Bryan McClendon hired as Co-OC

Advertisement
Oklahoma has two OC's who don't call plays.

Bedenbaugh is the Co-OC/OL, but he coaches the OL.
Gundy is the Co-OC/IWR, but he coaches the inside WRs.

Neither call plays. Lincoln Riley does (or I guess did is more apt).

However, that won't happen here, since Mario is not a play-caller.

McClendon is the Co-OC/WR, but he will coach WRs.
I expect a Co-OC/QB to be named, who will be the playcaller.
Then you have an OL coach (Mirabal), a TE coach (Field, or possibly Coley) and a RB coach (Hickson, or maybe an outside hire)
I expect an OC to be named .. and the staff listing would be

Joe Brady (or Briles / Dorsey) OC
B. McClendon Co OC / WR

You don't NEED two "Co OC's" in title.

I remember thinking McClendon was coming with Richt from UGA. I think him going to South Carolina was a surprise back then.

Interesting to see him go his own path and still end up coaching at Miami.

Advertisement
Where did the Coley rumors even come from? And why would he leave jimbo and that unlimited $$ especially as they seem to be on the rise
Replace Coley with “Mario” and Jimbo with “Oregon/Phil Knight” and you have a somewhat similar scenario.

I'm just ****** with y'all. But I will say coley was brought up earlier on in that capacity

denzel GIF

Advertisement
I remember thinking McClendon was coming with Richt from UGA. I think him going to South Carolina was a surprise back then.

Interesting to see him go his own path and still end up coaching at Miami.
I recall that as well. Maybe he saw Richt was on the decline and decided to take another route. Certainly worked out for him and gets to be reunited with TRob who was also coaching on that same S Carolina team.

Advertisement
Opinions are like ............Thing is I trust that Mario will select a top caliber staff without needing my expert recommendations. A respectful staff great at evals, recruiting, development and coaching.

Advertisement
After hearing nothing but talk about the newly increased budget and the best staff money can buy, if Mario turns around hires Coley as his OC it would be a massive disappointed and a terrible way to start his tenure.
Halfback pass bout to make a return

Coley is a great recruiter and would be a tremendous asset to this staff.. He's not my first choice as a playcaller but y'all sh*tting your britches over the notion is pretty funny.

Advertisement
Back