Brutal miss on 4th

This isnt even on Jarren being Mobile or not. Deejay Dallas whiffed on his guy completely and it affected the play. Regardless Jarren should have been able to call an audible for a hot route to harley yet I’m pretty **** sure enos doesn’t allow that based on the previous 11 games of the season

DeeJay didn’t whiff on anybody. He got tripped up by the guy Zion was blocking

Advertisement
So you think JW saw it and said I've got 6 points to my right but I have to do what coach says (in this case, no matter what)?

The timeout doesnt help by the way. No way fiu's D lines up that way again.

It was a bust on the D that Miami didnt take advantage of. Which is SOOOO bad because with 2 on 1 to the right, the D is overloaded by 1 everywhere else.

I'll go back to see if JW ever looks to his right presnap. If he does, enos and possibly others should be looking for work tomorrow.

No. I think he got the play. Knew it was a run. Didn't scan the field because of it. Missed it. Then my frustration in part lies there.

You're right they wouldn't have left him unchecked again.

But then you would have had less guys in the run strength as a default and it's a better chance at a td.

And while we are at it. The system is still rigid to think that you call that play and not have a contingency if it's NOT THERE or on the strange chance fiu blows the coverage pre snap

Did you ever think that was by design? EL O EL...it should’ve been an audible not a read. Please learn football so you can really learn what a **** OC Penos is.

It's already been stated that our offense doesn't do audibles. Reason being is that each play is supposed to have multiple reads built into the original play design so the entire offense doesn't turn and look for the coaches call to react to the defensive alignment in your standard "check with me offense".

Last edited:
this is the game to me that truly exposed Enos. Those that played the game know this type - he is a clipboard coordinator. Meaning, he draws up all of his plays and says to us.."this will work"...but doesn't account for how teams will scheme him. FIU had too much film and it just shows you just how "set in our ways" we are on offense that a team as crappy as FIU had their way with our scheme. That's all on Enos and how he prepares...and most of all his resistance to change which even average fans of football can see have haunted us since game one.
🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯

No. I think he got the play. Knew it was a run. Didn't scan the field because of it. Missed it. Then my frustration in part lies there.

You're right they wouldn't have left him unchecked again.

But then you would have had less guys in the run strength as a default and it's a better chance at a td.

And while we are at it. The system is still rigid to think that you call that play and not have a contingency if it's NOT THERE or on the strange chance fiu blows the coverage pre snap
I just rewatched it. He saw it, but it looked like it didnt register, a run to the left was called and that's what he was going to do. Plenty of time on the game clock. He could have turned to Enos and made a look or hand signal or something, anything, stopped the jet motion, hiked it and tossed it for a TD. It's maddening. When Christmas comes you have to thank santa for the present. UM cant even do that right.

If my 7x7 QB saw that and didnt change the play I'd be ****ed at him.

Also, why is JW carrying the ball in his right hand on that play? Puts the ball in danger of fumble, and eliminates any possibility of a stiff arm (not that JW or any QB is particularly good at that). On that, I will say that I watch a lot of college football and ballcarryers have it in the correct hand less than 50% of the time. I wonder if that just isn't something coaches coach anymore.

Advertisement
It's already been stated that our offense doesn't do audibles. Reason being is that each play is supposed to have multiple reads built into the original play design so the entire offense doesn't turn and look for the coaches call to react to the defensive alignment in your standard "check with me offense".
And that’s the issue. Penos needed to be losing his mind in his mic letting Jarren know...like any other reasonable coach.

And that’s the issue. Penos needed to be losing his mind in his mic letting Jarren know...like any other reasonable coach.

This statement leads me to believe that you're under the impression that Jarren has audio communication from the OC in his helmet (which he doesn't) and that even if he did, that he would be able to communicate with Jarren up until the snap (which isn't even allowed in the NFL)

Which makes this comment below that you made to me (for some weird reason) even more funny.

Did you ever think that was by design? EL O EL...it should’ve been an audible not a read. Please learn football so you can really learn what a **** OC Penos is.

This statement leads me to believe that you're under the impression that Jarren has audio communication from the OC in his helmet (which he doesn't) and that even if he did, that he would be able to communicate with Jarren up until the snap (which isn't even allowed in the NFL)

Which makes this comment below that you made to me (for some weird reason) even more funny.
You’re the one talking about no audible/checks happening because it’s already built in...even though he looked over before the snap multiple times. Please continue **** porsting and saying you don’t know football because you don’t know the mic rules.

PS: he didn’t need to use his mic. “ YO **** FACE LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT” nice and loud would’ve worked just as well.

You’re the one talking about no audible/checks happening because it’s already built in...even though he looked over before the snap multiple times. Please continue **** porsting and saying you don’t know football because you don’t know the mic rules.

PS: he didn’t need to use his mic. “ YO **** FACE LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT” nice and loud would’ve worked just as well.

You're very angry about all this, LOL, have a good day sir. Geesh

Advertisement
NO. You don't have to audible to make the correct read. C'mon man

I was a proponent of Enos but if you run an offense that doesn´t allow your QB to audible, you´re a bad coach or you don´t trust your QB. If you don´t trust your QB you have to find one you do. 23yrs ago my high school QB at least had check with me calls. You can´t announce Jarren is the guy, the future, if he isn´t a serious student of the game and able to make adjustments at the LOS.

Advertisement

This shows how bad both Enos and Williams are. Williams should have learned this by 10th grade. Enos as a QB coach alone should be talking/coaching pre-snaps reads daily.

Come back when you realize you can always get a QB’s attention to change a play.

@Roman Marciante LITERRALY SAID THIS IN THE EXACT THREAD YOU'RE POSTING IN !!! Why the **** are you coming at me? LMAO

He's (Enos) essentially said in press conferences they don't audible if at all. Also a check with me system isn't part of this offense. Which by not having is part of a thought process (which I don't share) that the original play covers all the contingent looks you might get on game day and has subtle built in counters.

But in this case the play was a called designed qb run. That's really evident. And they left an open guy pre snap. Also evident.

Which brings me to the finale. "You are either coaching it that way or allowing it to happen"

Either way you look at it... the coaches allowed that play to happen in that manner. No time out was called.

Advertisement

This. Agree.

You know what’s even worse, FIU didn’t recognize it and call a TO. Which means they were more inept than Miami not throwing the ball.

In one snap shot, that’s what Cleats lost to.
Exactly, I'm surprised FIU didn't call a TO before the play. Not sure what's worse, they're both chit.

Advertisement
Back