Bruce Feldman tweet !!!

Advertisement
I think that's it, but I can't remember the name. I never spent much time there.

Yeah, I think we had our chance in the 1980s, back when it actually was the University Inn (motel). When I was a freshman back in 1986, we used The University Inn as "overflow housing" each fall semester. A few years later, that thing was sold/developed, and by the time I was in law school at UM, those condos were for sale, a number of my law school classmates lived there.

I've long supported expanding the size of our campus in any available direction, including going into South Miami.

What about buying those stupid apartments across Ponce and the metro mover. Could build something on that parcel.
What about the area behind red road, near where the homeless shelter is/was(it may have been torn down by now) That land has to be pretty cheap(comparatively to the surrounding area)

They are going to expand the IPF to a full 100 yard field, how they do that is up for debate. *

*This old fart had a brain freeze and named the IM fields, when in reality that wouldn't be the case. The rumor when the IPF was in the planning stages was that they wanted to build it on where the IM fields stood, and facilities threw a fit about it. I got two completely different events mixed up and typed out something that wasn't fully accurate. My bad.

Last edited:
They are going to expand the IPF to a full 100 yard field, by cutting into the IM fields. Not shocking, that should have been done when it was built, the issue was that there were people on the facilities side that got in the way.
They might as well. The fields were never packed enough, that you would need that entire thing available.

Advertisement
They are going to expand the IPF to a full 100 yard field, by cutting into the IM fields. Not shocking, that should have been done when it was built, the issue was that there were people on the facilities side that got in the way.

You are such a full-of-****e bullsh!tter.

The Wellness Center and the Tennis Center lie directly between the IPF and the IM fields. There will be no such "expanding the IPF to a full 100 yard field by cutting into the IM fields". You are (falsely) claiming that we are going to add another 30 yards to our IPF field by annexing land that is hundreds of yards away on the opposite side of two large facilities. Sure.

I've never seen such nonsense posted.

They might as well. The fields were never packed enough, that you would need that entire thing available.

Another load of nonsense. The IM fieles are constantly packed in the evenings, and have been for decades. The Law School had to make reservations for the softball fields on the weekends, since CSR had the IM fields booked every evening all semester long.

Another load of nonsense. The IM fieles are constantly packed in the evenings, and have been for decades. The Law School had to make reservations for the softball fields on the weekends, since CSR had the IM fields booked every evening all semester long.
Of course they need to reserve the softball fields. Its a softball field. You can't just walk up to it and pray that no one is using it. I am talking about the actual field itself. Next to the tennis court. The big green grass field. I have never in my entire life been there, when it was so packed I couldn't run sprints or whatever I wanted to do on it. The only possible time it may be packed is when the greeks have their IM field day type event. Even then you could find some spots open to do your thing.

1645846671992.jpeg

Advertisement
What about the area behind red road, near where the homeless shelter is/was(it may have been torn down by now) That land has to be pretty cheap(comparatively to the surrounding area)
I only have a vague picture in my head now. Don't think it's there anymore. I left Miami just before Jan 1, 2013.

I only have a vague picture in my head now. Don't think it's there anymore. I left Miami just before Jan 1, 2013.
Basically its like if you are at red road you can either go left towards the school or right towards the mall. But if you go right on the back roads there are a bunch of bunch of what look like chop shops and a homeless shelter(it may not even technically be a homeless shelter, maybe a soup kitchen or something that all the homeless guys will sit out in front of on lawn chairs) but to the right of that is a bunch of houses. Alot of kids that would visit read road would park there. I was at Miami a little bit after you. Left summer of 14.

Of course they need to reserve the softball fields. Its a softball field. You can't just walk up to it and pray that no one is using it. I am talking about the actual field itself. Next to the tennis court. The big green grass field. I have never in my entire life been there, when it was so packed I couldn't run sprints or whatever I wanted to do on it. The only possible time it may be packed is when the greeks have their IM field day type event. Even then you could find some spots open to do your thing.

So what you are saying is that you have NO IDEA of the difference between the Intramural Fields and, say, Greentree/Cobb?

Fantastic. We need more knowledgeble fans like you...like we need herpes simplex.

So what you are saying is that you have NO IDEA of the difference between the Intramural Fields and, say, Greentree/Cobb?

Fantastic. We need more knowledgeble fans like you...like we need herpes simplex.
The guy literally said "they are expanding the IPF into the IM field" where did Greentree/cobb even come from? He said IM field. I said IM field. Every student I known and the school map, referred to the field behind the dining hall as the IM fields.

Advertisement
The guy literally said "they are expanding the IPF into the IM field" where did Greentree/cobb even come from? He said IM field. I said IM field. Every student I known and the school map, referred to the field behind the dining hall as the IM fields.

Again, I'm going to make this as simple as possible. It's not personal. It's simply factual.

You are ignorant. You are wrong. You are compounding the mistakes of others by repeating their falsehoods.

Here's a suggestion. If you don't know what in the fvck you are talking about...KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. You are not obligated to speak when you know nothing. Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to type false and incorrect information.

LOOK AT A GOD**** MAP. It's so incredibly easy. Instead, you come on here to double-down on your ignorance by blaming other people.

You are wrong. Just stop posting and shut the fvck up. You seriously do not know what you are talking about, and it would be SO EASY for you to educate yourself, but you choose not to. You choose ignorance and relying on stupid and misinformed people and their false information.

I know there's a public housing facility on 58th ave and a community center, but that's all I can think of.

Again, I'm going to make this as simple as possible. It's not personal. It's simply factual.

You are ignorant. You are wrong. You are compounding the mistakes of others by repeating their falsehoods.

Here's a suggestion. If you don't know what in the fvck you are talking about...KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. You are not obligated to speak when you know nothing. Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to type false and incorrect information.

LOOK AT A GOD**** MAP. It's so incredibly easy. Instead, you come on here to double-down on your ignorance by blaming other people.

You are wrong. Just stop posting and shut the fvck up. You seriously do not know what you are talking about, and it would be SO EASY for you to educate yourself, but you choose not to. You choose ignorance and relying on stupid and misinformed people and their false information.
I never said. We are going to build on the Im fields. All I said was the IM fields are not very packed. Please explain to me how I was wrong? You were the one that assumed I meant green tree for some strange reason.

Advertisement
I know there's a public housing facility on 58th ave and a community center, but that's all I can think of.

It's South Miami. Everything west of Red Road is South Miami. It's not impossible, but it would be tricky, especially because a lot of that land is fderal low-income housing projects.

I never said. We are going to build on the Im fields. All I said was the IM fields are not very packed. Please explain to me how I was wrong? You were the one that assumed I meant green tree for some strange reason.

You agreed with him. Regardless of the fact that you are wrong about the utilization of the IM Fields, you still agreed with him that the IM Fields would be a good source of land on which to expand the IPF.

You should have said "that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, as the IM Fields are separated from the IPF by two significant structures, the Wellness Center and the Tennis Center". Maybe if you had said that, I would give you a bit of credit.

Instead, we have two completely clueless porsters conversing about how to use the IM Fields for IPF expansion. Insanity.

South Miami is a weird municipality with weird borders. I lived just to the west of it for a time, in Glenvar Heights.

Yeah. Dr. Anna Price (who was formerly the head of the Academic Support Department within the Athletic Department) was the mayor of South Miami in the 90s (and maybe early 00s?). When she was done with politics, she ended up at FIU doing what she did at UM, not sure if Mario and/or Pete and/or Butch got her the job. Would have been nice to try to expand into South Miami when we had an ally in city hall. Not as sure it could happen now.

Advertisement
Back