Bruce Feldman Quote

Advertisement
Beautiful in theory.

How much *** do you think Alabama, OSU, Clem$on & UGA would be having to kiss if their boosters weren't hauling in kids with 5-6 figure salaries?

Kissing butt is part of the process unfortunately......but in our primadonna area of the Country, sadly, I have seen too many stellar players leave for the dinero after claiming they are all Cane. You never really know on all of them....you recruit hard and let the chips fall where they may. The kids that can't be bought that REALLY want to be Hurricanes will be Hurricanes, unless they just aren't good nuff.

UM
Clemson doesn’t belong in your point.

Advertisement
It is a different time, my man. They all want that love nowadays.
I dont agree. You can’t kiss their butts.. bottom line. I’ve seen coaches do more with less. UM less is different from other University’s less. Take the three stars and underrated two stars if you have too. Kick *** and move forward. In the past UM chased the pretty girls and when prom nite came the other girls were not available. I see now that the approach they are taking will prove to be more effective. The new staff recognizes this and have adjusted. I believe UM is really on its way

You oldheads haven't even seen a full 4 year cycle of SFL HS kids being able to switch HS at will. Not to mention the peewee leagues and 7 on 7. These kids are going to be raised as mercenaries and frontrunners from birth. There will be less Ivey's, Badgers, and Keontra's to choose from moving forward.

I get everything you're saying and i'm not discounting it, but we are losing the arms race. Whether it's kissing *** or dropping bag we're losing at both. The ONLY thing that masks that is winning. If we have to kiss a little *** to get back to winning than so be it IMO.

Denzel Washington isn't coming here to make a lifetime channel movie about the quite kids who stayed at miami to line up against all world teams.

Hey an sometimes it's the Mama's that need a little *** kissing to close the deal, an if they are on the thicker side ya'll already know, I am ready to sacrifice an take one or two for the team. Like DT Jalen Carters mom, I am more than willing to tongue-n-cheeks kiss that butt for my canes, if necessary ummm hmm. :nice:

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Like Nayquan? Like Restrepo? Al? Brevin? Keontra? Ivey? Badger? Don’t let the divas jade you. Don’t let our recruiters past oversights blind you. There’s a set amount of players that want this life.

The point is to stop messing with the fools and focus on the ones that want it and back it up.
this!

Coach diaz is old skool, he understands what we about down here, no *** kissin, if you start off *** kissin, those are normally the cry babies. Coaxh diaz goes out knowing that these players will learn that its a privilege to play at UM, no begging necessary, which is why you can see coach diaz going back to the old recruiting basics, give the hometown players first dibs, after that, go and get the out of state Canes that want to be hear, once players start seeing slots will be filled, itll start ringing a bell again, you can see it already. Coach richt did a real good job recruiting too, which is why when he went to see keon zipper, you could tell he was sitting their telling the boys, let's just enjoy the food, these boys are gaytors!

Feldman talking with Ryan Russillo about his Swag article about the U and on the subject of recruiting from the perspective of former players.

“If you have to kiss the players butt for him to come to Miami hes not the kind of player to take.”

Thus quote needs to be on the mindset of our coaches recruiting. So we don’t miss out on players that want to be here and to not waste time on those that just want to use us.

Around the 15 min mark for the U Section.

Jimmy Johnson isn’t here..nor is butch davis.

This multi million dollar staff better suck & gargle the **** of these recruits until we WIN big.

Advertisement
Sigh... The ole sign kids that want to be Canes and bleed orange and green. Recruiting is a sales game, plain and simple. Its about changing minds, and getting players that otherwise might have gone elsewhere.

Jimmy Johnson isn’t here..nor is butch davis.

This multi million dollar staff better suck & gargle the **** of these recruits until we WIN big.
Every team on the come up that has won in the past few years started with players that wanted to play, and great evaluations. No S&G required.

Every single team save maybe UF in 08' won because they were rebooted culturally, coached excellently, and maximized talent, more so than being top 5 nationally recruiting FIRST.

Bama started rolling players in AFTER they changed HOW they worked and coached and won a ring with les than. Same with Clemson. Now they are the ones everyone is chasing.

Have there been teams that have been able to get the players they want before getting a ring? Yes, but they were established powers already, OSU, FSU, and UF. They'd been eating for a minute.

But we aren't coming from that. We most resemble Alabama. We most resemble Clemson. Former powers, that had done jack **** for kids to get excited about for years. They had to put all the money they had into what they could CONTROL. Facilities, coaches, auxiliary assistants, habits, nutrition, etc. They maximized what they HAD, what they could get.

They didn't spend time on their knees because they were too busy taking care of their ****.

Every team on the come up that has won in the past few years started with players that wanted to play, and great evaluations. No S&G required.

Every single team save maybe UF in 08' won because they were rebooted culturally, coached excellently, and maximized talent, more so than being top 5 nationally recruiting FIRST.

Bama started rolling players in AFTER they changed HOW they worked and coached and won a ring with les than. Same with Clemson. Now they are the ones everyone is chasing.

Have there been teams that have been able to get the players they want before getting a ring? Yes, but they were established powers already, OSU, FSU, and UF. They'd been eating for a minute.

But we aren't coming from that. We most resemble Alabama. We most resemble Clemson. Former powers, that had done jack **** for kids to get excited about for years. They had to put all the money they had into what they could CONTROL. Facilities, coaches, auxiliary assistants, habits, nutrition, etc. They maximized what they HAD, what they could get.

They didn't spend time on their knees because they were too busy taking care of their ****.

Fortunately for me, I know alot of those coaches that started with Saban at Bama & they said the same thing I reiterated...you gotta do whatever until you get to a point where you don’t.

Talk to people in the know...this pie in the sky **** is for the birds & comes off like a dr suess stories

Advertisement
Feldman talking with Ryan Russillo about his Swag article about the U and on the subject of recruiting from the perspective of former players.

“If you have to kiss the players butt for him to come to Miami hes not the kind of player to take.”

Thus quote needs to be on the mindset of our coaches recruiting. So we don’t miss out on players that want to be here and to not waste time on those that just want to use us.

Recruiting is diff now. That attitude wont fly if you have a Clemson offer with 50k, a dodge challenger, and they tell you that you will start and be in the NFL after 3 years after playing in the CFB playoff every year. Negotiation is usually about leverage. Where is UM's leverage in your proposal.

Winning is the best recruiting weapon. I expect Manny and Co. will get us where we need to be, recruiting will follow

Recruiting is diff now. That attitude wont fly if you have a Clemson offer with 50k, a dodge challenger, and they tell you that you will start and be in the NFL after 3 years after playing in the CFB playoff every year. Negotiation is usually about leverage. Where is UM's leverage in your proposal.
But Clemson did it when Bama was paying back in 2012-2014. Clemson never hit recruiting paydirt till 18-19. They got and developed the right players the right way to win and then get the hard recruits. Am I wrong?

Advertisement
Back