Bruce Feldman Quote

Fortunately for me, I know alot of those coaches that started with Saban at Bama & they said the same thing I reiterated...you gotta do whatever until you get to a point where you don’t.

Talk to people in the know...this pie in the sky **** is for the birds & comes off like a dr suess stories
Aight bet. I here you and I understand your point. I recognize a convergence of our points. You know coaches who thought you need to kiss up, and I used Bama as an example of getting the right players first, developing, winning, then getting the hard to get players.

So would or did your coaches work with Saban around the first championship team? Were they kissing butt then or just putting a premium on coaching and developing the players they could get?

Advertisement
Doing kissing *** too, so tell them **** em and get kids that wanna be here.

and you'll end up w a ton of meh recruits and better hope you overdevelop them. the school is paying millions for these guys to recruit, so saying **** the elite guys isn't an option. you play the game

and you'll end up w a ton of meh recruits and better hope you overdevelop them. the school is paying millions for these guys to recruit, so saying **** the elite guys isn't an option. you play the game
Have you been paying attention or slow? We’re missing on the PS2’s, TS, TC, and Dents of the world. The meh recruits are who we have been getting at CB now for the last 10 years **** near.

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson isn’t here..nor is butch davis.

This multi million dollar staff better suck & gargle the **** of these recruits until we WIN big.

Turn in your Cane card, a prime example when desparation has set in, your Cane morality has gone out the window!

Turn in your Cane card, a prime example when desparation has set in, your Cane morality has gone out the window!

You don't like the truth...when Jimmy uttered "you come to Miami or lose to Miami"...you are aware we were winning national titles right? You want that same mentality for what? Winning the coastal? Bwhahahahahahahahha....take the red pill next time bc that blue pill makes you think this is the 80's.

College coaching isn't for everyone...it's a ton of *** kissing which is why a lot of staffs have to de-recruit players once they get them on campus. It's why a good coach like Mike Rumph used our sports psychologists bc it just wasn't in him to kiss ***.

Aight bet. I here you and I understand your point. I recognize a convergence of our points. You know coaches who thought you need to kiss up, and I used Bama as an example of getting the right players first, developing, winning, then getting the hard to get players.

So would or did your coaches work with Saban around the first championship team? Were they kissing butt then or just putting a premium on coaching and developing the players they could get?

They did both...kiss plenty *** and put a premium of coaching and development but how is a kid going to believe in it when the media painted Saban as this snake for leaving the Phins and STA was on record as saying he wouldn't get kids from them bc of how they did Shula....from what I was told, it was a ton of pressure and they did some humbling things to get recruits...

Advertisement
They did both...kiss plenty *** and put a premium of coaching and development but how is a kid going to believe in it when the media painted Saban as this snake for leaving the Phins and STA was on record as saying he wouldn't get kids from them bc of how they did Shula....from what I was told, it was a ton of pressure and they did some humbling things to get recruits...
Interesting. I wonder how long though, since they got the ship in year two that elevates a lot. And they don’t start getting SOFla kids till after ship 2.

You don't like the truth...when Jimmy uttered "you come to Miami or lose to Miami"...you are aware we were winning national titles right? You want that same mentality for what? Winning the coastal? Bwhahahahahahahahha....take the red pill next time bc that blue pill makes you think this is the 80's.

College coaching isn't for everyone...it's a ton of *** kissing which is why a lot of staffs have to de-recruit players once they get them on campus. It's why a good coach like Mike Rumph used our sports psychologists bc it just wasn't in him to kiss ***.

The sad part is, wth did coach rumph need to see the psychologists, did him no good, he was already bringing in "4 star recruits" im still trying to figure out what all the hooplah was about over player that hasnt done jack schimtt yet! I dont care what year it is, we dont beg people to come to UM, just not the Miami way, and the real UM coaches dont even have it in em, coach enos dont come off as that type with or without bags. Coach diaz is not doing it either, the play will do the talking!

The sad part is, wth did coach rumph need to see the psychologists, did him no good, he was already bringing in "4 star recruits" im still trying to figure out what all the hooplah was about over player that hasnt done jack schimtt yet! I dont care what year it is, we dont beg people to come to UM, just not the Miami way, and the real UM coaches dont even have it in em, coach enos dont come off as that type with or without bags. Coach diaz is not doing it either, the play will do the talking!

Diaz is doing it...you think we’re not kissing the *** of recruits that decomitted only to get them to recommit & revisit? Like what are you smoking?

I’m sure it hurt Rumph to lose guys like PS2, Campbell & he mentioned dealing with the lies of it all. A ton of these kids don’t love football but they love being recruited.

Last edited:
Advertisement
:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: we got some delusional posters on this site

Feldman talking with Ryan Russillo about his Swag article about the U and on the subject of recruiting from the perspective of former players.

“If you have to kiss the players butt for him to come to Miami hes not the kind of player to take.”

Thus quote needs to be on the mindset of our coaches recruiting. So we don’t miss out on players that want to be here and to not waste time on those that just want to use us.

Around the 15 min mark for the U Section.

I think that’s just tough sounding talk, but not reality. These kids have a lot of options... a lot of good options. There’s nothing wrong with a kid needing to be sold on the program. And at the end of the day, showing a kid love, or what some might call kissing ***, is the sales pitch.

These kids have no memory of UM football being anything more than a middle of the pack ACC program. Not sure why it should be a knock against a kid if he didn’t grow up dreaming of the U on his helmet.

There's a fine line to walk and the staff needs to properly guage a kid's interest. If some of these high end dudes need to be sweet talked, you tell them what they want to hear as long as they're telling you what you want to hear. If they want to play games, commit and decommit over and over, put out tweets with 17 "finalists" the staff has to cut bait. You've got to know who is worth the effort and who is just trolling. Like everything else related to recruiting, winning consistently would make the whole thing easier. You'd have a lot more guys chasing us instead of us having to chase them.

Advertisement
I think that’s just tough sounding talk, but not reality. These kids have a lot of options... a lot of good options. There’s nothing wrong with a kid needing to be sold on the program. And at the end of the day, showing a kid love, or what some might call kissing ***, is the sales pitch.

These kids have no memory of UM football being anything more than a middle of the pack ACC program. Not sure why it should be a knock against a kid if he didn’t grow up dreaming of the U on his helmet.
I think what you are describing is just good recruiting. I imagine *** kissing as helicopters, cakes, playing the game with the Hunters and Bogles of the world, signing teammates, etc. It just feels like its not time well spent.

I think what you are describing is just good recruiting. I imagine *** kissing as helicopters, cakes, playing the game with the Hunters and Bogles of the world, signing teammates, etc. It just feels like its not time well spent.
Yea that’s kinda my point... but even the helicopters and cakes are just good recruiting at this point.

If that’s what it takes to get elite kids then that’s what it takes.

Yea that’s kinda my point... but even the helicopters and cakes are just good recruiting at this point.

If that’s what it takes to get elite kids then that’s what it takes.

Advertisement
Back