Bruce Feldman: Kaaya top Heisman dark horse candidate

Because Kaayas had comeback drives in crucial moments just for the defense to give the lead back up in three plays.

We have to be the only fan base that constantly attacks our best players. These board use to go after Duke Johnson non stop. Meanwhile, Ryan Williams is a hero because his buddy said so.

"Comeback drives"? Care to be specific?
We were down 17-3 vs FSU and Kaaya carved up FSU's defense and gave us the lead late in the 4th quarter. Then the defense once again allows Dalvin Cook to run wild. Without Kaaya, we get blown out.

10 minutes left in the game is your interpretation of "late" in the quarter? Although that was one of his better performances and was during his second season, which he played a lot better IMO.
During the first game against FSU if Berrios doesn't drop a wide open pass in the end zone or Walford doesn't fumble after a first down completion, he wins that one in his first year.

I'm not denying that Kaaya has a ton of talent and made a ton of plays. Neglecting that he had an opportunity to win the game at the end is missing the point of this debate.

Advertisement
"Comeback drives"? Care to be specific?
We were down 17-3 vs FSU and Kaaya carved up FSU's defense and gave us the lead late in the 4th quarter. Then the defense once again allows Dalvin Cook to run wild. Without Kaaya, we get blown out.

10 minutes left in the game is your interpretation of "late" in the quarter? Although that was one of his better performances and was during his second season, which he played a lot better IMO.
During the first game against FSU if Berrios doesn't drop a wide open pass in the end zone or Walford doesn't fumble after a first down completion, he wins that one in his first year.

I'm not denying that Kaaya has a ton of talent and made a ton of plays. Neglecting that he had an opportunity to win the game at the end is missing the point of this debate.

See thats my point how are these excuses valid?? "If this didnt happen and that didnt happen and everything went perfect" Kaaya woulda coulda shoulda??

See thats my point how are these excuses valid?? "If this didnt happen and that didnt happen and everything went perfect" Kaaya woulda coulda shoulda??
How the **** is it just on Kaaya? OL couldn't block, WR's didn't make anything happen, and running game didn't exist but it's all Kaayas fault. His 400 yards are the only reason we had a shot. That's why you're arguments are stupid.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Hes the QB! Lmao of course his stats are going to be the main reason this team has a chance?? Guess what his meltdowns are also majority of the reason the team comes up short. Im sure u praised Stephen Morris for his come back wins and then crucified him for his meltowns. Why does Brad Kaaya get an excuse that no other QB in cfb is given?

Hes the QB! Lmao of course his stats are going to be the main reason this team has a chance?? Guess what his meltdowns are also majority of the reason the team comes up short. Im sure u praised Stephen Morris for his come back wins and then crucified him for his meltowns. Why does Brad Kaaya get an excuse that no other QB in cfb is given?

Please name the games where BK had "meltdowns".

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm rather interested in that as well.

How the **** is it just on Kaaya? OL couldn't block, WR's didn't make anything happen, and running game didn't exist but it's all Kaayas fault. His 400 yards are the only reason we had a shot. That's why you're arguments are stupid.

It's not just on Kaaya at all, no one is saying that. Blaming the 3 NFLers on the o-line, 2 NFL WR's, and Duke Johnson certainly isn't correct either.

Last edited:

It's not just on Kaaya at all, no one is saying that.

Except for you. You've been saying that for 5 pages.

It's not just on Kaaya at all, no one is saying that.

Except for you. You've been saying that for 5 pages.

Great contribution, would read again.

Advertisement

Louisville and Florida State he panicked in 2014... Took no risks to move the ball up the field and came up short in a number of crucial drives in the Pitt loss as well 2014

Last year 2015.... Cincy, FSU, Clemson even though it was a complete collapse and it got Golden fired, we didnt score a single point, Kaaya completely folded that game.

Against North Carolina Kaaya was terrible

Too many times throughout both seasons has Kaaya waisted important drives by settling for pointless throws that dont move the chains, all bc he was to scared to throw an interception.

He has said that openly before... How can u win big if youre scared thinking about throwing an interception before the drive starts?

Clemson? You mean the game he didn't even come close to completing? The game in which we were out-talented at literally EVERY SINGLE POSSITION? And Louisville? Would that be the same game where the coaches quite obviously wouldn't let him throw the ball out of fear? Cincy? Was that the one where litarally every member of our defense got a hand on the RB, and he still managed to shoot out of the pile for a TD? Was that also one of the numerous games featuring a UM TD called back for holding?

Look, the point is how do you lay this at Kayaa's feet? Has he put the team on his back and willed a win? Sadly no. But he's still been one of the few bright spots on what has been a giant suckhole of a team. There are so many much bigger problems than this silly debate, I don't get how this is what bothers you. Until the defense can crack the top 50 in any meaningful way, I don't want to hear about Duke or Kayaa being the cause of any losses. Kaaya would have to have thrown 4 INTs a game to have been considered the cause of any of our losses.

Louisville and Florida State he panicked in 2014... Took no risks to move the ball up the field and came up short in a number of crucial drives in the Pitt loss as well 2014

Last year 2015.... Cincy, FSU, Clemson even though it was a complete collapse and it got Golden fired, we didnt score a single point, Kaaya completely folded that game.

Against North Carolina Kaaya was terrible

Too many times throughout both seasons has Kaaya waisted important drives by settling for pointless throws that dont move the chains, all bc he was to scared to throw an interception.

He has said that openly before... How can u win big if youre scared thinking about throwing an interception before the drive starts?

this guy Dirty Sprite seems cool and he gets it

Advertisement
Kaayak....Heisman in the same sentence?

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Saw another article recently that listed Ammon Richards as a dark horse Heisman candidate, but it also noted that no WR who wasn't also a returner has ever won the Heisman. Pretty sure that means Richards isn't winning the Heisman because I think there is zero chance that Richards will be a return man given the risk of injury to him. (FYI I'm not comparing Richards to Kaaya or saying Richards shouldn't be Heisman worthy, just didn't want to start a new thread to talk about Heisman candidates)

Advertisement
Back