Bruce Feldman: Kaaya top Heisman dark horse candidate

You're right. Three 7 win teams. I almost forgot that was a winning season these days. Yes, that was a weak team. Despite all the NFL talent they quit on games and didn't make plays. They completely resembled their head coach. While Golden gets all the blame, as a player you still gotta have some pride.

Yeah more wins than losses is the definition of having a winning record. "These days" more games are played so I'm not sure to when you are referring exactly.

As for the talent of that team, well I guess you can have your opinion and the NFL can have theirs.
I said there was NFL talent on that team. All the more reason it was weak. They became Goldenites and played passive but I'm supposed to believe the only award winning player on that team was the weak spot? Nah. Feliciano just stuck up for his boy but Kaaya was the best QB on the team.

It's just a difference of opinion. I won't accept that 6 wins in this conference was the limit for that team. Hopefully in Kaaya's final season with us this year we will have something to show for it.

This doesn't even make any sense. Are you seriously saying that the ONLY conceivable reason for a 6 win season is the QB? Not a terrible defensive scheme. Not terrible coaching. Not a bunch of players who admit to quitting on the season.

Don't know how many times we have to have this debate, it's just a difference of opinion. I'm not going to change your minds, and the internet fans certainly aren't going to change mine. You guys can point out accolades and numbers and I can say oh that's nice, but how about the way he choked down the stretch during Ga Tech, Nebraska and FSU and you guys don't even respond. So this is just a difference of opinion that's not going to change.

Advertisement
Yeah more wins than losses is the definition of having a winning record. "These days" more games are played so I'm not sure to when you are referring exactly.

As for the talent of that team, well I guess you can have your opinion and the NFL can have theirs.
I said there was NFL talent on that team. All the more reason it was weak. They became Goldenites and played passive but I'm supposed to believe the only award winning player on that team was the weak spot? Nah. Feliciano just stuck up for his boy but Kaaya was the best QB on the team.

It's just a difference of opinion. I won't accept that 6 wins in this conference was the limit for that team. Hopefully in Kaaya's final season with us this year we will have something to show for it.

This doesn't even make any sense. Are you seriously saying that the ONLY conceivable reason for a 6 win season is the QB? Not a terrible defensive scheme. Not terrible coaching. Not a bunch of players who admit to quitting on the season.

Don't know how many times we have to have this debate, it's just a difference of opinion. I'm not going to change your minds, and the internet fans certainly aren't going to change mine. You guys can point out accolades and numbers and I can say oh that's nice, but how about the way he choked down the stretch during Ga Tech, Nebraska and FSU and you guys don't even respond. So this is just a difference of opinion that's not going to change.
Lol Kaaya is the only reason we were in those games. He didn't give up a 17 point lead against FSU and he didn't drop wide open passes in the end zone. He also didn't give up 300 yards rushing to GT or Nebraska. And duke was the one to turn the ball over at the end of the Nebraska game. That's like blaming Lebron when the Cavs lose.

I thought ryan williams was gonna start?

Now that he's a junior and he's 40-1 odds to win the Heisman it justifies him starting as a true freshman and leading a talent rich team to 6-7?

Would maybe winning 1-2 more games with williams justify kaaya losing 1 year exp. Does a 9 win al golden year mean that much?. If kaaya is being considered top 5 pick and heisman candidate his third year what mkes u think hes not better than a memphis qb who was passed up by another 1st rnd qb in lynch?

These arguments are comical. We return a 9 win team with 7 NFL ready guys in the ACC and start a freshman QB and the win total drops to 6 and everyone says it's not the QB's fault. Meanwhile he has a horrendous 3rd down completion rate and blows every close 4th quarter game as one would expect a true freshman to do and we're all here scratching our heads. Duke Johnson was a dark horse Heisman candidate that year while we're on that topic.

You see what you just did?

:q3XKXeX:

Who was the QB before Brad Kaaya that won 9? A pretty good one, no? So who's to say any QB coming in replacement wouldn't have represented a step back from Stephen Morris the year before? Also, if it was close enough that a true fresher challenged Williams coming off injury then he didn't deserve the nod. Kaaya's accuracy is well known so it's not a stretch to believe in our soft-shouldered practices that Kaaya looked like the better QB. Your argument is comical. Come again.

Lol Kaaya is the only reason we were in those games. He didn't give up a 17 point lead against FSU and he didn't drop wide open passes in the end zone. He also didn't give up 300 yards rushing to GT or Nebraska. And duke was the one to turn the ball over at the end of the Nebraska game. That's like blaming Lebron when the Cavs lose.

You can always point to a game and say who performed the worst and credit them for the loss. That's a very beta way of looking at things.

Great players overcome their team's weaknesses. We had the opportunity to win each of those games. You think Duke's 27 carries for 130 yards against FSU had anything to do with being close? In the Nebraska game Duke fumbled in the 3rd quarter, Brad had the late game turnover. You really need to check your facts, you've had a ton of errors throughout this debate.

We were 95th in the NCAA in 3rd down conversion rate that year. Maybe that had a touch to do with our defense being on the field the whole game.

You can always point to a game and say who performed the worst and credit them for the loss. That's a very beta way of looking at things.

Great players overcome their team's weaknesses. We had the opportunity to win each of those games. You think Duke's 27 carries for 130 yards against FSU had anything to do with being close? In the Nebraska game Duke fumbled in the 3rd quarter, Brad had the late game turnover. You really need to check your facts, you've had a ton of errors throughout this debate.

We were 95th in the NCAA in 3rd down conversion rate that year. Maybe that had a touch to do with our defense being on the field the whole game.
Dukes fumble gave Nebraska momentum and the lead. It was the turning point in that game. You say Kaaya numbers don't mean anything but those yards are what puts us in position to win. Kaaya has over 700 yards in his two games vs FSU. Those aren't just numbers, that's making plays that give your team a chance. Not his fault D'onofrio was coaching defense.

Advertisement
I thought ryan williams was gonna start?

Now that he's a junior and he's 40-1 odds to win the Heisman it justifies him starting as a true freshman and leading a talent rich team to 6-7?

Would maybe winning 1-2 more games with williams justify kaaya losing 1 year exp. Does a 9 win al golden year mean that much?. If kaaya is being considered top 5 pick and heisman candidate his third year what mkes u think hes not better than a memphis qb who was passed up by another 1st rnd qb in lynch?

These arguments are comical. We return a 9 win team with 7 NFL ready guys in the ACC and start a freshman QB and the win total drops to 6 and everyone says it's not the QB's fault. Meanwhile he has a horrendous 3rd down completion rate and blows every close 4th quarter game as one would expect a true freshman to do and we're all here scratching our heads. Duke Johnson was a dark horse Heisman candidate that year while we're on that topic.

You see what you just did?

:q3XKXeX:

Who was the QB before Brad Kaaya that won 9? A pretty good one, no? So who's to say any QB coming in replacement wouldn't have represented a step back from Stephen Morris the year before? Also, if it was close enough that a true fresher challenged Williams coming off injury then he didn't deserve the nod. Kaaya's accuracy is well known so it's not a stretch to believe in our soft-shouldered practices that Kaaya looked like the better QB. Your argument is comical. Come again.

Well Stephen Morris was a UDFA so you tell me how good he was. If a true freshman is PRACTICING near the level of a 5th year senior who is coming off a torn knee ligament that does not mean that he should be starting. I get that you guys think it was the right move, hopefully it pays off. That kind of sacrifice, to sacrifice the entire season (and the next, really), better pay huge dividends three years out.

Dukes fumble gave Nebraska momentum and the lead. It was the turning point in that game. You say Kaaya numbers don't mean anything but those yards are what puts us in position to win. Kaaya has over 700 yards in his two games vs FSU. Those aren't just numbers, that's making plays that give your team a chance. Not his fault D'onofrio was coaching defense.

Nebraska already had the lead and it was the third f'ing quarter. It was the turning point because we never recovered. Any game you lose there's a turning point whether it's in the first quarter or the last minute. Stephen Morris overcame Dnof.

Nebraska already had the lead and it was the third f'ing quarter. It was the turning point because we never recovered. Any game you lose there's a turning point whether it's in the first quarter or the last minute. Stephen Morris overcame Dnof.
Morris didn't overcome anything. He finished 2-4. Give him credit for the 7-0 cake walk if you want.

Morris didn't overcome anything. He finished 2-4. Give him credit for the 7-0 cake walk if you want.

Our schedule every year is a cake walk.

Advertisement

Maybe the 3rd down conversion-rate had to do with play-calling, offensive line, drops by receivers... One can go on an on. You seem to imply that in this team sport it was all Brad's fault.

Ok we get it already.

You think Kaaya sucks.

He gets no credit for anything positive that's happened, and all the blame for the negatives.

He's a choke artist.

You're rooting for him to fail so you can later say I told you so.

You are very invested in his failure.

Understood.

Maybe the 3rd down conversion-rate had to do with play-calling, offensive line, drops by receivers... One can go on an on. You seem to imply that in this team sport it was all Brad's fault.

Well considering our O-line and WR corps were the two best units that year...

Ok we get it already.

You think Kaaya sucks.

He gets no credit for anything positive that's happened, and all the blame for the negatives.

He's a choke artist.

Understood.

Are you trying to contribute or just make stuff up?

Advertisement
If Richt can improve him a lot maybe.

But usually the Heisman is a 2 year award where you have to be well known and respected even before the year begins. So I doubt it. Unless he averages something like 13 yards a pass attempt this year.

In theory the Heisman is supposed to be a 1 year award. But in practice it isn't.

Last edited:
Kaaya is pretty well known. More than enough to enter into the race were we to have that type of year.

Ok we get it already.

You think Kaaya sucks.

He's a choke artist.

Understood.

That's my contribution.

I don't need to post dozens of times and hundreds/thousands of words to get my point across.

Just summarizing what is clear from your posts: he sucks, he's a choker, you have virtually no respect for him as a player, you think his performance is basically just statistical fluff and he's a loser.

That's what you're saying.

Advertisement
Ok we get it already.

You think Kaaya sucks.

He's a choke artist.

Understood.

That's my contribution.

I don't need to post dozens of times and hundreds/thousands of words to get my point across.

Just summarizing what is clear from your posts: he sucks, he's a choker, you have virtually no respect for him as a player, you think his performance is basically just statistical fluff and he's a loser.

That may be your interpretation, but it's not what I've said by any stretch and I have no more desire to fight the straw men you guys keep throwing up here.

Ok we get it already.

You think Kaaya sucks.

He's a choke artist.

Understood.

That's my contribution.

**** talk about taking things to the extreme hyperbole...

Its not at all what the guy is saying. Get your **** together.

He has actually acknowledged several times that he thinks Kaaya is very talented...and a great player NOW. He has simply said that he doesn't believe that he should've been handed the reigns as a true freshman...that MAYBE he wasn't quite ready for it. Especially when there was a 5th yr senior leader that had the locker room behind him ready to take over that season. You people are treating him like he is trying to re-write the **** constitution!

How about re-reading his posts. It's exactly what he's saying: loser, choker, etc etc. Hasn't even bothered to deny it.

Advertisement
Back