Bruce Brown

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not really surprised. The fact that they weren't even looking at it until tomorrow was a pretty strong tell that they were just leaving open the possibility for the committee. I'm a little surprised they didn't carry the charade on for another day until it was checked rather than essentially admitting they knew he wasn't coming back all along.

From Barry Jackson

The UM men’s basketball team, which plays at North Carolina at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, does not expect to get guard Bruce Brown back from foot surgery before next week’s Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.

“My own opinion is no, he’s not going to play in the ACC tournament,” coach Jim Larrañaga said on a conference call Monday. “But if the doctors change their evaluation — we’ll have to wait and see what the doctors say. Right now he is not going to be evaluated again until March 12.”
Does anybody know what kind of foot surgery he had? Some foot surgeries take many weeks, if not months, of rehab.

Advertisement
Guess that checkup went well. Although I don't know what happened to the 6 weeks of rehab after getting out of the boot that Coach L was talking about on Sunday. He won't be much of a scoring factor if he comes back later in the tournament, but late in games Bruce at 75-80% is a better defender than Lykes or DJ.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In his interview, Coach L said if brown plans on coming back for his junior year then we will play him. So maybe he will return for his junior year and therefore we will play him. May not be Thursday but maybe Saturday. Wish we had him Thursday though.

Even if he is "healthy", what do people honestly expect from him? The guy just got out of a walking boot.

Advertisement
In his interview, Coach L said if brown plans on coming back for his junior year then we will play him. So maybe he will return for his junior year and therefore we will play him. May not be Thursday but maybe Saturday. Wish we had him Thursday though.
That's not what Coach L meant. He meant he would play in next year's tournament.

That's not what Coach L meant. He meant he would play in next year's tournament.
How do you figure that? You talk to coach L? From what he said.. I think I'm right. He meant if he's going to the NBA then don't bother playing and risking an injury. But if you're coming back and you think you can play then play and you don't risk a lot since you'll be back next year.

Advertisement
Back