Bruce Brown...signs point to him coming back

While I understand the idea that it might help recruiting, but we already got Huell who wanted to be a 1 and one, we got Brown who might be a 1 and done, we got Walker who might be a 1 and done, some think we're the favorite for Carey who looks to be a 1 and done. I, for one, hope Brown stays and **** the "bump" in recruiting.

This. Next season with Brown is special.

Advertisement
While I understand the idea that it might help recruiting, but we already got Huell who wanted to be a 1 and one, we got Brown who might be a 1 and done, we got Walker who might be a 1 and done, some think we're the favorite for Carey who looks to be a 1 and done. I, for one, hope Brown stays and **** the "bump" in recruiting.

If he comes back we could make a deep run. We go to the final four and I would think that would bump recruiting more than anything.

I don't think Brown is good enough to enter the draft yet. I think he might go low first round or high second. His three-point shooting is mediocre, even from college range. He fills up the stat sheet with points, rebounds, assists, and blocks, and plays good defense, but he is not outstanding in any one particular. I see him more as an up-and-comer than as a polished product.

I would only advise him to come out if he looked like a likely lottery pick. He doesn't. I actually think he's more likely to be here for three years than to leave after one.

Last edited:
I don't think Brown is good enough to enter the draft yet. I think he might go low first round or high second. His three-point shooting is mediocre, even from college range. He fills up the stat sheet with points, rebounds, assists, and blocks, and plays good defense, but he is not outstanding in any one particular. I see him more as an up-and-comer than as a polished product.

I would only advise him to come out if he looked like a likely lottery pick. He doesn't. I actually think he's more likely to be here for three years than to leave after one.

He's a lottery pick if he improves his three point shooting and ball handling. Another year in college would do him wonders.

He's a lottery pick if he improves his three point shooting and ball handling. Another year in college would do him wonders.

I agree. I love the way he does some of everything.

Advertisement
This isn't the NFL. There's a YUGE dropoff between being a lottery pick and just being a 1st rounder. Not to mention the overall high failure rates of one-and-dones in general. I absolutely think this kid can play at the next level but he needs to work himself into at least being floated as a lottery pick first.

This isn't the NFL. There's a YUGE dropoff between being a lottery pick and just being a 1st rounder. Not to mention the overall high failure rates of one-and-dones in general. I absolutely think this kid can play at the next level but he needs to work himself into at least being floated as a lottery pick first.

+1

Last edited:
DraftExpress: Bruce Brown - Miami's Two-Way Playmaker

Good analysis about Brown. It is a free article so I believe I am ok posting it.

I was just about to post it. Here's an excerpt:

With all of that said, Brown still has quite a bit of room to improve offensively, especially when you consider that he's about a year and a half older than many of the top flight guard prospects in his class. His handle needs polish, his jumper is still streaky (especially off the dribble, 3-for-23 so far), he's not the finisher he could be given his tools (48.9% from two), and his decision making could use more work if he hopes to play more on the ball down the road at the NBA level.

Advertisement
He reminds me of Russel Westbrooke.
I think if he can do big thing in the ncaa tourney then he is gone.

Advertisement
Bruce Brown 1 and done? Lol

While I still don't think Brown goes, this is where you prove, once again, you're clueless. Jayson Tatum on Duke is a 1 and done. In his last 5 he has scored 9, 28, 19, 19, 8. After scoring 8 against Miami or 9 against Clemson, would you post, Jayson Tatum 1 and done? Lol

Guys, just because someone is going to be a one and done does not mean they will succeed in the NBA. Point to Tatum this year and other inconsistent players in years past that don't pan out. Bruce has all the talent in the world to be an NBA minute getter, but as it stands he won't make a blip in the radar of the NBA being so unreliable at this level.

Advertisement
Guys, just because someone is going to be a one and done does not mean they will succeed in the NBA. Point to Tatum this year and other inconsistent players in years past that don't pan out. Bruce has all the talent in the world to be an NBA minute getter, but as it stands he won't make a blip in the radar of the NBA being so unreliable at this level.

Unreliable?

Lot of good points noted here. I can't see him going in the first round, he's tremendous but somewhat inconsistent and I question his stamina at this point - needs to be able to play more minutes and have less rest between games. Love his moves, definitely will be going on the NBA but I'm thinking more likely as a sophomore on a fairly stacked team. Who knows?

Coach L will sell him on staying another year because he'll be surrounded by better talent

It will be beneficial to him

Not to mention maybe playing a year in what would be his more natural position full time.

Advertisement
Back