Bruce Brown...signs point to him coming back

I don't think Brown is good enough to enter the draft yet. I think he might go low first round or high second. His three-point shooting is mediocre, even from college range. He fills up the stat sheet with points, rebounds, assists, and blocks, and plays good defense, but he is not outstanding in any one particular. I see him more as an up-and-comer than as a polished product.

I would only advise him to come out if he looked like a likely lottery pick. He doesn't. I actually think he's more likely to be here for three years than to leave after one.

He's a lottery pick if he improves his three point shooting and ball handling. Another year in college would do him wonders.

Not to mention maybe playing a year in what would be his more natural position full time.

Advertisement
Unless Brown has an insane run in March, I'd put the chances of him leaving as a freshman at virtually 0%.

Interesting bit from the article:

Brown is No. 22 in the latest DraftExpress mock draft … but for 2018. That mock draft also projects incoming UM freshman Lonnie Walker as a lottery pick (No. 10). Brown is not listed in any notable 2017 mock drafts.

Advertisement
Glad he knows that. If Walker is what he should be and Lykes contributed at PG(our biggest need), we could have a pretty **** good season next year.

Glad he knows that. If Walker is what he should be and Lykes contributed at PG(our biggest need), we could have a pretty **** good season next year.

Lykes, Brown, and Walker in the same backcourt?

Next season is going to be fun

Advertisement

I'm really hoping Lykes shows up and claims the starting PG spot. Keep Newton coming off the bench as a 6th man spark

if Brown by any chance is an integral part of a sweet 16 run, he gone

We'd have to go deeper than sweet 16 and he'd have to lead the way for that to happen. 20+ points per game and final 4 run I could see it. Even then he sounds like he wants to stay

Advertisement

What portion of his game is NBA ready? He is going to have to get better on the perimeter and he needs to show more consistency. He played well against Duke then disappeared against Virginia Tech. Was unspectacular against FSU, disappeared against Syracuse then played well against UNC. Part of the being a freshman. If he declares after next season, then it's because he was an all-conference first teamer. It's definitely his team next year after Davon graduates. He's a **** of talent. He is also almost 21. I hope he has success because that means we have a brilliant season.

I'd say Brown is close to 0% chance of leaving this year, and close to 100% chance of leaving next year. L better keep loading up.

Again, a run won't make up for the fact that he has glaring flaws, and there are a ton of guys ahead of him right now. He isn't going anywhere, unless he hates school, or is desperate for money. The problem is that if he's desperate for money, leaving now will ensure that he won't see any for another 3-5 years. Staying an extra year and balling out will put him in the lottery, and that's where the money is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back