2025 Brock Schott, 4-star TE and #1 player in Indiana

i agree in terms of injury/lack of production vs. youth ... and maybe processed isn't the accurate word ... maybe more of recognizing the talent level in the room is rising and will i see the field situation, afterall he was considered a project
I understand completely. I'm just saying that the Kelly situation had nothing to do with worrying about competition and whether or not he would see the field or even NIL.

Now with Carver, I can absolutely see him thinking that. There is another possibility with Carver that nobody has touched on yet. Many thought during Carver's recruitment that he would be better off on defense at DE. I was actually expecting the staff to experiment with that this spring but it never happened as far as I know.

Advertisement
You will know our talent level is getting to "that" point when 2nd year guys are hitting the portal because the room is getting crowded with talent. Thats UGA, Bama, OSU level stuff. I honestly think we are only one more cycle away from being there. (meaning one more after the 2025 class)

I understand completely. I'm just saying that the Kelly situation had nothing to do with worrying about competition and whether or not he would see the field or even NIL.

Now with Carver, I can absolutely see him thinking that. There is another possibility with Carver that nobody has touched on yet. Many thought during Carver's recruitment that he would be better off on defense at DE. I was actually expecting the staff to experiment with that this spring but it never happened as far as I know.
you got insight on kelly? i'm not an insider AT ALL ...

Yes.

I’m pretty sure they have him pegged as a +1 regardless. Our TE situation is kinda rocky honestly.

- Arroyo could ball out and test the waters.
- Old man Cam is gone after this year.
- Carver could be on his way out on 4/15.

That leaves Riley Williams, Lofton (who should really be considered a swiss army knife), and the 2025 class for the 2025 season. We will probably go get a veteran big body in the portal regardless but I don’t see them turning Williams away or stopping recruiting him.
Lies No GIF

Advertisement
i agree in terms of injury/lack of production vs. youth ... and maybe processed isn't the accurate word ... maybe more of recognizing the talent level in the room is rising and will i see the field situation, afterall he was considered a project
I think you guys are correct in these days a kid not wanting to sit of course

But also I think Carver knew he was going to sit when he committed here like some other guys (Tinilau, Minaya etc)

Either way I think we’ve beaten the speculation to death will be interesting to see how this plays out across the country

Carver has a good frame, but looks like he needs another year in the weight room. Remember he played mostly lacrosse when he was younger. If we over recruit him then it would be in his best interest to move on. He is mostly potential and it looks like we're bringing in guys ready to compete earlier,

This kid will need work in the weight room as well.

He could legitimately be the number one kid in the state and heck if I know, but there's also two classifications above him. Numbers and stats are good, but the competition isn't anything special, rather average at best. That's as polite as I can put that.

Guess we'll see. Carver had question marks and so does this kid. Indiana isn't some hotbed of talent but neither saw or played against much D1 talent, if any at all. It'll be a big step up, more so than most of the guys we land.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid will need work in the weight room as well.

He could legitimately be the number one kid in the state and heck if I know, but there's also two classifications above him. Numbers and stats are good, but the competition isn't anything special, rather average at best. That's as polite as I can put that.

Guess we'll see. Carver had question marks and so does this kid. Indiana isn't some hotbed of talent but neither saw or played against much D1 talent, if any at all. It'll be a big step up, more so than most of the guys we land.
Think brock bowers played in Napa which is not a hotbead of football either

Advertisement
There are different te groups. Other than Williams and maybe Arroyo ...Carver is the only inline te and arroyo is soon to leave.

Schott, Lofton have no real bearing on Carver imo...they are move tes or hback in Lofton case.

Carver's competition will be Luka Gilbert and Riley Williams moving forward.
And we all know Mario most important ability in regards to the position is blocking…

Advertisement
Back