2025 Brock Schott, 4-star TE and #1 player in Indiana

Advertisement
Idk I feel like some random porster makes a statement like “watch for carver to be processed” and it just gets regurgitated over and over after… literally just got here. They should at least be given two years before you deem their athletic or locker room culture to be not a fit and to move on

you mean, people not having a clue who just spew mental swill?

first day on CIS?

I am no insider but the vibe I get from Ohio St is they are pushing hard for early commitments (“pushing hard”)

Not that they won’t or don’t recruit at an elite level but there’s a sense of urgency with them at the moment especially when it comes to recruiting head to head with us
del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Advertisement
Carver has a good frame, but looks like he needs another year in the weight room. Remember he played mostly lacrosse when he was younger. If we over recruit him then it would be in his best interest to move on. He is mostly potential and it looks like we're bringing in guys ready to compete earlier,

Wish they'd flip Carver over to DE.. I think it would be a more natural transition. TE is a tough position to learn and even tougher to play. You have to be physically developed and strong enough to play on the LOS and athletic enough to run routes and catch passes over a Safety.
or schott ... if he commits ... had 19 sacks last year ... as a junior ... gimme these high motor guys ALL DAY

i dont think they will process a redshirt freshman he likely has a solid full year before its even in question...and i dont think it matters as Mccormick is gone and we likely always carry 5 or 6 tes.
in the portal era will players be cool being the 4th or 5th TE or will they go find better opps?

Advertisement
in the portal era will players be cool being the 4th or 5th TE or will they go find better opps?
There are different te groups. Other than Williams and maybe Arroyo ...Carver is the only inline te and arroyo is soon to leave.

Schott, Lofton have no real bearing on Carver imo...they are move tes or hback in Lofton case.

Carver's competition will be Luka Gilbert and Riley Williams moving forward.

Advertisement
Advertisement
well ... similar to njalik kelly, carver see's whose coming on the visits and who we're bring in ... the talent level is rising ... he's not gonna play over arroyo, williams, or lofton ... it's a business decision
I understand your take on Carver but the above is not at all similar to the Kelly situation. Carver's and Kelly's situations couldn't be more dissimilar.

I understand your take on Carver but the above is not at all similar to the Kelly situation. Carver's and Kelly's situations couldn't be more dissimilar.
i agree in terms of injury/lack of production vs. youth ... and maybe processed isn't the accurate word ... maybe more of recognizing the talent level in the room is rising and will i see the field situation, afterall he was considered a project

Advertisement
Back