2025 Brock Schott, 4-star TE and #1 player in Indiana

Advertisement
Just curious - do they still pursue the 5 star TE committed to Georgia? Thought that was trending in a positive direction but maybe they didn’t get the vibe they wanted after he visited and let the others pull the trigger, more so Gilbert who is the same height

Yes.

I’m pretty sure they have him pegged as a +1 regardless. Our TE situation is kinda rocky honestly.

- Arroyo could ball out and test the waters.
- Old man Cam is gone after this year.
- Carver could be on his way out on 4/15.

That leaves Riley Williams, Lofton (who should really be considered a swiss army knife), and the 2025 class for the 2025 season. We will probably go get a veteran big body in the portal regardless but I don’t see them turning Williams away or stopping recruiting him.

Yes.

I’m pretty sure they have him pegged as a +1 regardless. Our TE situation is kinda rocky honestly.

That leaves Riley Williams, Lofton (who should really be considered a swiss army knife), and the 2025 class for the 2025 season. We will probably go get a veteran big body in the portal regardless but I don’t see them turning Williams away or stopping recruiting him.
yeah, carver might get processed

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Advertisement
Where is this Carver stuff coming from all the sudden? Did I miss something or people just guessing

Would seem strange that a kid taken as a project for the position would be processed out one year later
Idk I feel like some random porster makes a statement like “watch for carver to be processed” and it just gets regurgitated over and over after… literally just got here. They should at least be given two years before you deem their athletic or locker room culture to be not a fit and to move on

Where is this Carver stuff coming from all the sudden? Did I miss something or people just guessing

Would seem strange that a kid taken as a project for the position would be processed out one year later
well ... similar to njalik kelly, carver see's whose coming on the visits and who we're bring in ... the talent level is rising ... he's not gonna play over arroyo, williams, or lofton ... it's a business decision

well ... similar to njalik kelly, carver see's whose coming on the visits and who we're bring in ... the talent level is rising ... he's not gonna play over arroyo, williams, or lofton ... it's a business decision
Not saying you’re wrong, just its not similar to Kelly to me but you answered the question, it’s just speculation

We will see I guess. Kid might have a future at DE to be honest he’s a super intriguing talent

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wish they'd flip Carver over to DE.. I think it would be a more natural transition. TE is a tough position to learn and even tougher to play. You have to be physically developed and strong enough to play on the LOS and athletic enough to run routes and catch passes over a Safety.

Wish they'd flip Carver over to DE.. I think it would be a more natural transition. TE is a tough position to learn and even tougher to play. You have to be physically developed and strong enough to play on the LOS and athletic enough to run routes and catch passes over a Safety.
Just posted the same thing. That kids size and athleticism are super intriguing and I remember some of Mario’s comments about him. Not saying he is staying or going just would surprise me. We’ve got plenty of upper classmen that can go imo

Why would you do that when you can sign a premier pass rusher like Romello Height?

Advertisement
Yes.

Yeah I think one thing Mario has shown is if there’s a year where a position group is rich he’s gonna take all he can get and worry about the rest later

Now that Fong has left, 247 has something new, a Crystal Ball alert. I have to believe a bat signal is coming out in the next day or two.

I’m just trying to figure out the synergy between recruiting websites, Gen Z NIL eta kids, and the program.

Who benefits from these crystal balls unless the kid is 100% sold?

Obviously things can change for both parties.. I just don’t see the point of taking a kids shine unless he’s getting something from it.

Advertisement
the point is, you are chiding people today for questioning Woodiel for being a part of this staff last year, when last year, you were one of those who was questioning Woodiel's ability. That's rich, man.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Back