Briles

Advertisement
I agree with this, without the expletives and animosity. What Briles did/let happen does not fit well with a Richt led team. I do like redemption stories, and giving people second chances, but Briles will never find that chance here as long as Richt is coach, James is AD, and with the current group in the BoT that cares about the appearance of things that happen at the school.... FSU/Tenn/etc.. will give Briles that second chance
Not very Christian of Richt.....but you're right

He is not going to make changes this year. He will be fired next year. I think the administration is acutely aware that the output on offense is not acceptable. Why they did not force him to make changes this year is beyond me. But with this autonomy comes responsibility. Unless he turns into Sean Mcvay next year he will do Himself in.

You might call it the perfect storm... well maybe light shower. Losing both tight ends forcing Richt to change the scheme along with VT and Pitt sucking worse than we do gave him the reprieve he needed to survive. Honestly the worst thing to happen to us all season was to finish with those two teams. Pitt screwed us two years in a row. First by beating us when they shouldn’t have even been close and then this year. Having to go to the spread gave just enough optimism among some to lower the level of toxicity that was forming. Drop those last two games with Richt’s usual scheme and combine that with the current recruiting situation being even worse and we finally hit ***** it even among his most loyal supporters. I don’t think there is any way he would have survived for us to have to suffer again next season.

Advertisement
RonPalul.gif

LMFAO @ you guys worried about him going to FSU. You think he wants to go work with/for Willie? That might be a career ender.

Exactly. At least Kingsbury thinks he's in line to at minimum be interim at USC if Helton continues to suck. When Tagfart continues to suck they ain't making Briles interim and some of the shine comes the buzz around him too.

We arent gettin an OC, thats a rumor that started here i think. Y do people think we are hiring an OC?

'Because of the interview Barry Jackson did with a trustee

Edit: Also, because as fans of this program we severely hope that Richt isn't going to ignore that his offense couldn't move the ball if there was a rip current assisting them. Pleading in our own heads that he'll make changes unlike Al Golden, so that way next year isn't a miserable 2015 all over again.

Advertisement
E
'Because of the interview Barry Jackson did with a trustee

Edit: Also, because as fans of this program we severely hope that Richt isn't going to ignore that his offense couldn't move the ball if there was a rip current assisting them. Pleading in our own heads that he'll make changes unlike Al Golden, so that way next year isn't a miserable 2015 all over again.
Even if he does it wont save him from getting bodied by Clemson. I doubt he changes the staff

Advertisement
Mork thinks he's an elite OC...if only he could find 11 guys that can perfectly execute his 5 plays every time...

You guys gripping and moaning for no reason cmr has a few tricks up his sleeve.going to make a big time jaw breaking announcement after the season.he's going to hire huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer.those two have same trait as cmrs offense.cmrs offense skips games like those two skip school.

Advertisement
I agree with this, without the expletives and animosity. What Briles did/let happen does not fit well with a Richt led team. I do like redemption stories, and giving people second chances, but Briles will never find that chance here as long as Richt is coach, James is AD, and with the current group in the BoT that cares about the appearance of things that happen at the school.... FSU/Tenn/etc.. will give Briles that second chance
how many "second chances" does Briles need ? first of all there was never anything proven or alleged that he did anything wrong in the Baylor scandal and since Baylor, he has been at FAU for a year (2016) and Houston for a year (2017). he was outstanding and did a great job at both schools with NO PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND !

In 2017, Briles offense at FAU was ranked #8 and in in 2018 his offense at Houston was ranked #4 ... pretty impressive.

Better than even odds he gets the OC job on a big stage at the U of Tennessee.

Last edited:
I would guess that IF Richt is thinking about bringing in an OC, none of the names on his mental list would make our fans happy. If it happens it will be an "oh ****" hire.

I would guess that IF Richt is thinking about bringing in an OC, none of the names on his mental list would make our fans happy. If it happens it will be an "oh ****" hire.

Princeton OC or Dillingsworth would make us happy at this point

He’d have to dive pretty far down into the dumpster to not get at least a little spark

The SEC commissioner told Saban not to hire Freeze (Orgeron also wanted him last year). It would seem likely that the SEC commissioner would also frown upon Freeze being hired by Tennessee only one year later (but, inequity in the East division, and a need to speed its resurrection might give a different answer…). I think Briles may be more of a liability than Freeze. I wonder if FSU has fielded calls from the ACC. That said, I’d be thrilled if Miami hired Briles.
Briles has proven himself as a top OC thats for sure. Lots of smoke, but no official announcement that Freeze will be HC at
Liberty U.

Advertisement
Back