Briggs is gone Boys good riddance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taggart had a prior relationship with him at USF and Oregon, but he didn't know him very well.

"Meeting him and hanging out with him for the whole weekend raised the comfort level," Briggs said.

'He’s a real cool dude. Real intellectual."

:tedbong:

Advertisement
why so many downvotes for the OP?

if you can honesty say with a straight face that our DT recruiting is going fine, then the joke's on you.

So... we had the best season we've had in a while and FSU was horrible and they still finishing better then us?

My "fire the entire defensive staff" bar just went up 10%. They can't recruit at the level needed to compete with even Clemson let alone Alabama.

What a stupid *** post. Fsu’s class sucks. They can barely put together a full class. They have 13 kids committed. and theyve missed on a ton of kids lately. They will be lucky to finish top 20. Weve had higher ranked classes than Clemson the past two years. You’re a fruit cake.

You're obviously someone that values the inflated rankings that serve schools with larger classes.

I prefer looking at the overall prospect ranking. We aren't and haven't outrecruited Clemson the last couple of years. We are barely ahead of them this year (6 more recruits) as it is with a lot more recruits, but their recruits are two points betyer than outs. They have fourth highest class in the most objective way of saying where a class should be ranked.

Carry on.

honestly never been high on Briggs I just don't see him as elite I could be wrong tho

It's a loss, no way around it. The coaches prioritized Briggs far more than they did the guy from nowhere that Brock now says had better film than Briggs.

Today on paper, the DL recruiting is a mess. It has been a mess since Kul got here, by far the worst on the team.

Just the other day, people penciled him in here. Now that he's gone, the dialogue is that he was always going to FSU.

Nobody wins every single day in life. Why is it so hard for a lot of you to admit a loss???? There isn't any need to spin it, it is what it is.

So what do you consider a loss in recruiting? If by your definition its a kid that we wanted even though he was an uphill battle because he clearly OPENLY favored another school the ENTIRE PROCESS then you might as well stop following recruiting because we will be habitual losers every year according to you. Briggs is not a loss to me. Hes not a SoFla kid. And he favored FSU the entire process and didnt hide it one time. We took our shot and missed.

Tyson Campbell is a recruiting loss. Chatman at this point is a recruiting loss. Nesta would have been a recruiting loss. PS2 is a recruiting loss. Briggs and Peters are not. They are casualities of recruiting war.

It really isn't difficult to say what a loss is and there really isn't any room to split hairs over what the definition is.

Time, effort, and money. That is what recruiting is about. We have invested all three in trying to land Briggs. We lost him to FSU, its a loss.

Will there be bigger losses in recruiting? Sure, but Briggs was a priority and he won't be here.

We've had almost nothing but losses here under Kul and company. Nests is great, but what if he gets hurt? This position is razor thin that it's almost laughable that they can't seem to get people to fill those spots. I hope there's some surprises come signing day or some big transfer news.

Well..if you had listened to people like myself and others who said from jump that he wasnt coming here and even after he visited and apparently we "were in the lead" and STILL told everyone on the board to not trust anything this kid says because he is all FSU...then you wouldnt be upset at this loss. Thats all ill say on Briggs.

As far as DT depth..Richt never thought in 1M years that Norton and McIntosh would leave. Maybe one but not both.. Its the only way to explain what happened last year with only recruiting one DT. Lets hope they learned their lesson and never let this happen again. Esp at a crucial position like DT.

I'm not upset about the loss. My emotions aren't tied to the whims of teenagers.

There's a lot of stuff said in these boards. I knew the odds favored FSU, but we were at the table and failed yet again to close the deal.

Richt has been coaching for how long? Come on, he might have been surprised at Norton and Tosh, but he's far too seasoned to use that as an excuse. Even last year we were talking about how both could go with a good year. Whether They should go or no, that's an entirely different matter.

So that leaves the question, what is the problem here? Kul, just a terrible recruiter, seems false, can't relate to recruits, or what? Diaz, same thing, but add in the defense heading in the wrong way? Other teams are hotter for sure, but something is up here.

Advertisement
So... we had the best season we've had in a while and FSU was horrible and they still finishing better then us?

My "fire the entire defensive staff" bar just went up 10%. They can't recruit at the level needed to compete with even Clemson let alone Alabama.

What a stupid *** post. Fsu’s class sucks. They can barely put together a full class. They have 13 kids committed. and theyve missed on a ton of kids lately. They will be lucky to finish top 20. Weve had higher ranked classes than Clemson the past two years. You’re a fruit cake.

You're obviously someone that values the inflated rankings that serve schools with larger classes.

I prefer looking at the overall prospect ranking. We aren't and haven't outrecruited Clemson the last couple of years. We are barely ahead of them this year (6 more recruits) as it is with a lot more recruits, but their recruits are two points betyer than outs. They have fourth highest class in the most objective way of saying where a class should be ranked.

Carry on.

Clemson been to 3 straight playoffs and won a championship. Of course we aren’t recruiting in their level, and we won’t be until we consistently win. Clemson didn’t just start recruiting at this level one day. It took years of 9-11 win seasons, and they had some setbacks along the way (like getting torched by West Virginia). We are if anything ahead of the curve, unless you truly think Golden left behind a turnkey operation...which he absolutely ******* did not.

I personally think we mismanaged DT numbers last year and LB this year, but we are no longer taking bad reaches and we are a class or two away from having a legit Miami roster top to bottom.The ****ery on here is absurd right now.

Carry on.

The most “objective” way is looking not at the overall class ranking but the one that suits your argument. Hahahaha. How does fsu compare to us on that front you dummy?

It's a loss, no way around it. The coaches prioritized Briggs far more than they did the guy from nowhere that Brock now says had better film than Briggs.

Today on paper, the DL recruiting is a mess. It has been a mess since Kul got here, by far the worst on the team.

Just the other day, people penciled him in here. Now that he's gone, the dialogue is that he was always going to FSU.

Nobody wins every single day in life. Why is it so hard for a lot of you to admit a loss???? There isn't any need to spin it, it is what it is.

So Dj Johnson, Jon Ford, and Garvin was a mess of a haul last year? smh

Yes, when you need DT's and you can't get them here and hope others (DJ, Briggs, etc) will grow into it. DJ is already gone and Garvin will never play inside. Ford, big dude, but I'm not super high on him. He could be good, but I expect more since I'm greedy.

Carry on.

Clemson been to 3 straight playoffs and won a championship. Of course we aren’t recruiting in their level, and we won’t be until we consistently win. Clemson didn’t just start recruiting at this level one day. It took years of 9-11 win seasons, and they had some setbacks along the way (like getting torched by West Virginia). We are if anything ahead of the curve, unless you truly think Golden left behind a turnkey operation...which he absolutely ******* did not.

I personally think we mismanaged DT numbers last year and LB this year, but we are no longer taking bad reaches and we are a class or two away from having a legit Miami roster top to bottom.The ****ery on here is absurd right now.

I actually don't disagree with any of that.

I don't get caught up in inflated team rankings that reward schools for having more recruits.

Tony said we have outrecruited Clemson, that isn't the case. We've been doing well by and large (you pointed out my beef as well with the recruiting), but Clemson is taking elite recruits at a better clip than we are.

Advertisement
So what? Briggs wasn't coming here anyways...Staff needs to FOCUS on kids that wanna be CANES ��

I have no issues with the staff not giving up on Briggs (especially with the FSU coaching changes) but definately am concerned with our overall strategy with DT’s. CMR needs to go back to the drawing boards and fix this issue.

I hear you, it's mind boggling with our DT situation? We can DB's,LB's,DE's but who's to blame here? Where's the problem? Kul?Diaz? It can't all be on CMR...Just saying

Not bitter at all, but on me, not losing no sleep off this cat.

Yes, It is an L.
No, it's not catastrophic.
10 days to NSD II. Evaluation day.

Last edited:
I don't think he will be good. Maybe a rotational guy at best. Why are so many losing sleep. We need guys who ca n play Briggs is too small.. 265 is his reported weight. woukd be a good year and half before he saw the field.

Advertisement

Yes, It is an L.

Summed up perfectly...Unfortunately this board only understands extreme points of view.

Advertisement

Yes, It is an L.

Summed up perfectly...Unfortunately this board only understands extreme points of view.

Not this Board only, Sign of the Times

Some sad **** around here, 20 page threads ing about kids that didn’t want to be canes. Man up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never counted on Briggs so to me he’s not a loss.Would have loved to of had him but the kid would rather be part of a declining dumpster fire.It is what it is......Just like Chatfield we can tell him nice game after we smack their *** every year he’s there...

Yes......Briggs was talented but to play DT at 260 he needed a RS year and pack on about 30 pounds. Did not have the strength at present as I saw on a Tennessee blog that he was benching 290.
Miller if we and him can earn playing time in the rotation right away with his size and strength

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back