Briggs is gone Boys good riddance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone counting on Briggs after he told the world he was ready to commit to FSU in the middle of the dumpster fire that was the end of the Cuckbo era was an absolute buffoon. Briggs was ready to commit to a HC (Cuckbo) who wasn't even recruiting or talking to his own team.

Advertisement
who wants to play DL at FSU? they quit. look at the game against us last year. they gave up in a rivalary game.

How in the world do you figure they quit? They were ahead until the last handful of seconds where Langham saved our ***.

So... we had the best season we've had in a while and FSU was horrible and they still finishing better then us?

My "fire the entire defensive staff" bar just went up 10%. They can't recruit at the level needed to compete with even Clemson let alone Alabama.

FSU's class isn't even half as good as ours.

Put your tampon back in and relax.

What makes you say that? Because they don't have the numbers?

Not saying it better but our 247 average and their average are both 91.

LOL there are some tampon wearers in this thread. Who gives a F that FSU got one of the least important DL and a LB who won't even qualify? FSU's class is going to be lucky to be top 30 while we are working on a top 5 class. Also Miller looks like a better player.

Advertisement
So... we had the best season we've had in a while and FSU was horrible and they still finishing better then us?

My "fire the entire defensive staff" bar just went up 10%. They can't recruit at the level needed to compete with even Clemson let alone Alabama.

LMAO, yeah Briggs is our missing ingredient to be on Bama's level.

It's a loss, no way around it. The coaches prioritized Briggs far more than they did the guy from nowhere that Brock now says had better film than Briggs.

Today on paper, the DL recruiting is a mess. It has been a mess since Kul got here, by far the worst on the team.

Just the other day, people penciled him in here. Now that he's gone, the dialogue is that he was always going to FSU.

Nobody wins every single day in life. Why is it so hard for a lot of you to admit a loss???? There isn't any need to spin it, it is what it is.

We'll have Willis, Bethel, Ford and Silvera going into next year. Not ideal, but I'll go into the season with that group. I'm not sure that adding Briggs would make me feel any better.

Advertisement
Not worried about losing a Plan B kid who never wanted to come here. This shouldn't come as a surprise, despite what certain former "plugs" claimed. Old news.

It's a loss, no way around it. The coaches prioritized Briggs far more than they did the guy from nowhere that Brock now says had better film than Briggs.

Today on paper, the DL recruiting is a mess. It has been a mess since Kul got here, by far the worst on the team.

Just the other day, people penciled him in here. Now that he's gone, the dialogue is that he was always going to FSU.

Nobody wins every single day in life. Why is it so hard for a lot of you to admit a loss???? There isn't any need to spin it, it is what it is.

So what do you consider a loss in recruiting? If by your definition its a kid that we wanted even though he was an uphill battle because he clearly OPENLY favored another school the ENTIRE PROCESS then you might as well stop following recruiting because we will be habitual losers every year according to you. Briggs is not a loss to me. Hes not a SoFla kid. And he favored FSU the entire process and didnt hide it one time. We took our shot and missed.

Tyson Campbell is a recruiting loss. Chatman at this point is a recruiting loss. Nesta would have been a recruiting loss. PS2 is a recruiting loss. Briggs and Peters are not. They are casualities of recruiting war.

So what do you consider a loss in recruiting? If by your definition its a kid that we wanted even though he was an uphill battle because he clearly OPENLY favored another school the ENTIRE PROCESS then you might as well stop following recruiting because we will be habitual losers every year according to you. Briggs is not a loss to me. Hes not a SoFla kid. And he favored FSU the entire process and didnt hide it one time. We took our shot and missed.

Tyson Campbell is a recruiting loss. Chatman at this point is a recruiting loss. Nesta would have been a recruiting loss. PS2 is a recruiting loss. Briggs and Peters are not. They are casualities of recruiting war.

It really isn't difficult to say what a loss is and there really isn't any room to split hairs over what the definition is.

Time, effort, and money. That is what recruiting is about. We have invested all three in trying to land Briggs. We lost him to FSU, its a loss.

Will there be bigger losses in recruiting? Sure, but Briggs was a priority and he won't be here.

We've had almost nothing but losses here under Kul and company. Nests is great, but what if he gets hurt? This position is razor thin that it's almost laughable that they can't seem to get people to fill those spots. I hope there's some surprises come signing day or some big transfer news.

Advertisement

Not saying it's not a loss, but I'm saying that it's not a catastrophic loss like many of the pu&&y fans and trolls on this board are claiming.

Briggs was a toss up all along - never a sure thing, and everyone knew that. It was not like he was going to be a Day 1 impact player like Nesta will be. He'd likely need a shirt, and I don't think we would have been able to get much contribution out of him until 2019 at the earliest.

I can say unequivocally that I like Chatman's film better so if we sign him as our 3-Tech then definitely no big loss. I think Chatman's got a better upside than Briggs.

Further, I'd swap Briggs out in a heartbeat if scholly spots are limited and I had to chose between him and a good 1-Tech prospect. We've got enough 3-Techs and SDEs for now. We desperately need another 1-Tech so I'm rolling with the Miller kid.

We sign Nesta(1), Chatman(3), Tito(1/3) and one of Miller or Coburn as the last 1-Tech and I'm good.

Oh, and for the record, FSU fans can suck a caak.

What a stupid *** post. Fsu’s class sucks. They can barely put together a full class. They have 13 kids committed. and theyve missed on a ton of kids lately. They will be lucky to finish top 20. Weve had higher ranked classes than Clemson the past two years. You’re a fruit cake.

Advertisement
So what? Briggs wasn't coming here anyways...Staff needs to FOCUS on kids that wanna be CANES

I have no issues with the staff not giving up on Briggs (especially with the FSU coaching changes) but definately am concerned with our overall strategy with DT’s. CMR needs to go back to the drawing boards and fix this issue.

What a stupid *** post. Fsu’s class sucks. They can barely put together a full class. They have 13 kids committed. and theyve missed on a ton of kids lately. They will be lucky to finish top 20. Weve had higher ranked classes than Clemson the past two years. You’re a fruit cake.

Yes, higher ranked because we're taking more players than them. They've been taking smaller classes, but go look at the quality of kids they've signed the past two years.

So Dj Johnson, Jon Ford, and Garvin was a mess of a haul last year? smh

It really isn't difficult to say what a loss is and there really isn't any room to split hairs over what the definition is.

Time, effort, and money. That is what recruiting is about. We have invested all three in trying to land Briggs. We lost him to FSU, its a loss.

Will there be bigger losses in recruiting? Sure, but Briggs was a priority and he won't be here.

We've had almost nothing but losses here under Kul and company. Nests is great, but what if he gets hurt? This position is razor thin that it's almost laughable that they can't seem to get people to fill those spots. I hope there's some surprises come signing day or some big transfer news.

Well..if you had listened to people like myself and others who said from jump that he wasnt coming here and even after he visited and apparently we "were in the lead" and STILL told everyone on the board to not trust anything this kid says because he is all FSU...then you wouldnt be upset at this loss. Thats all ill say on Briggs.

As far as DT depth..Richt never thought in 1M years that Norton and McIntosh would leave. Maybe one but not both.. Its the only way to explain what happened last year with only recruiting one DT. Lets hope they learned their lesson and never let this happen again. Esp at a crucial position like DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back