Brian Kelly went 4-8 in 2016 and this is what happened

Advertisement
football and whatever business you manage aren't the same. it isnt a professional environment.
wrong. Cristobal runs a different ship. Listen to the podcast from this morning. That's just one example.

Rad has years of experience, as Zo does. I expect there are very professional conversations going on. mario may make the ultimate decision but I'm sure they are all talking.

Some of our issues should not be a long drawn out process to fix. Meetings should already be happening and we should be able to pull the trigger quite quickly while still getting things right. Vetting processes need to be occurring now.

the greatest coach ever literally ignored s guy having a seizure and stepped over him in the locker room. yesh we’re talking about diff things in terms of professional
wrong. Cristobal runs a different ship. Listen to the podcast from this morning. That's just one example.

Rad has years of experience, as Zo does. I expect there are very professional conversations going on. mario may make the ultimate decision but I'm sure they are all talking.

Some of our issues should not be a long drawn out process to fix. Meetings should already be happening and we should be able to pull the trigger quite quickly while still getting things right. Vetting processes need to be occurring now.
You don’t need an ad to tell you to can your staff. Thus should be something the hc sees. I assume Mario’s sees it

Advertisement
You don’t need an ad to tell you to can your staff. Thus should be something the hc sees. I assume Mario’s sees it

If Mario truly is focused on recruiting over everything, getting a legit OC with an offense that appeals to recruits should be important to him

Yesyesyes I know a dominating run game is Mario calling card, but as we’ve discussed ad nauseam,

Production is production and a 1990’s simplistic approach that wins on talent alone isn’t realistic in today’s CFB world

If Mario truly is focused on recruiting over everything, getting a legit OC with an offense that appeals to recruits should be important to him

Yesyesyes I know a dominating run game is Mario calling card, but as we’ve discussed ad nauseam,

Production is production and a 1990’s simplistic approach that wins on talent alone isn’t realistic in today’s CFB world

Its interesting we just went through this with Manny and the Enos hire. It took one year to see Enos wasnt it. Brought in Lashlee and King the team improved dramatically.

Agree with you. We can still have a dominant run game even with a modern approach

Advertisement

I agree

Agree with you. We can still have a dominant run game even with a modern approach
Every dominant offense still runs the ball well. You don’t need a prehistoric approach. The problem is all he can spout is we gotta be tough as a solution. Please let Mario becomes hands off and get a real oc here

Every dominant offense still runs the ball well. You don’t need a prehistoric approach. The problem is all he can spout is we gotta be tough as a solution. Please let Mario becomes hands off and get a real oc here

Miami getting out of this 20yr pit of despair completely hinges on Mario hiring a good to great OC

Whether it’s Steele or someone else, he will get the talent to get the Defense right.

Advertisement
NO
You dont keep changing a coaching staff like underwear. Thank god you're not an athletic director...you would not have your job for very long.

The relevance between the 1st year and 7th year comparison is the exact reason why you dont start swapping coaches.

Number one, Mario came in and built this staff with the intention of change. If you want to see an example of how this works, take a look at Dabo Swinney progression. Especially since Steele was a part of this.

Year 1 ('09 first full year): 9-5, bowl win over Kentucky
Year 2: 6-7, bowl loss to S. FLorida (fans wanted hi *** canned after this season, as well as the AD
Year 3: Hired Chad Morris...10-2, ACC Ship, *** kicked by W. Va. in Orange Bowl. Steele was fired
Year 4: Hired Venebles... 11-2, beat LSU in bowl game
Year 5 & 6: Similar seasons as 4, 10 or 11 wins, same coaching staff
Year 7: Another ACC title, Natty appearance, but Morris left and the Elliot/Scott era begins.
Year 8: Natty

The point is that, Dabo took three years to get his staff where he wanted it, and he also backed off of the whole 'lets give a walk-on an chance' mentality, and started recruiting like a ************.

If you think that Mario needs to replace his coaching after every single disappointing season, you're going to spend a lot of time in disappointment, because things will never change.

I would say the biggest factor in this equation is Rad, who just so happened to join and leave Clemson the same year as Venables. Maybe its just a coincidence, but either way I can assure Rad has a vested interest in the success of the football program. We're spending too much money on Mario to not make the right choices, but I can assure you that swapping coordinators that quickly is not only a bad idea, but its also a bad look if you think you're going to lure top coaches to the program, and Rad knows this.

This isn’t disappointing.

It’s a catastrophe.

HE HAS TO MAKE CHANGES.

Gattis has to go. Steele I’m 50/50 on but he has to step up. Wouldn’t shed tears if he is replaced.

Advertisement

Bump…. I posted this yesterday and Rashada flips overnight

The rot and stench of Josh Gattis is now impacting recruiting

No one is waiting 6 years for Mario to get it right. No excuses for that with his recruiting acumen and the portal and the support of John Ruiz
Updated ;)

you think an HC hired by the biggest money backers of the program before an AD hire was made is now listening to that AD? nah. also, if the AD is telling a vet HC who to hire and fire, then fire the HC
Exactly.

If this trainwreck doesn't ultimately fall 100% on CMC, then we're just stuck on an endless loop of buck-passing.

The only way to fix it is for the head coach to be completely accountable, publicly and with the team itself.

the greatest coach ever literally ignored s guy having a seizure and stepped over him in the locker room.

So do we admire or do we loathe Saban for this?

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Back