Brian Kelly went 4-8 in 2016 and this is what happened

With absolute certainty Rad, AH, and Mario will meet as team to review every coach and make decisions together. What is absolutely clear is we don't have the type of kids right now to win big. Frankly, we probably are better served with a 4-8 season than we would be with 8-4 and the illusion that we didn't have big problems. The way Mario constructed his staff is a problem, and the lack of flexibility is another. The best news is we have no bowl and they can get started in 2.5 weeks.

Advertisement
And you know this or anything else how? So you’ve been in the Hecht offices, in the locker room, in the IPF, on Greentree and seen it with your own 2 eyes?
you think an HC hired by the biggest money backers of the program before an AD hire was made is now listening to that AD? nah. also, if the AD is telling a vet HC who to hire and fire, then fire the HC

With absolute certainty Rad, AH, and Mario will meet as team to review every coach and make decisions together. What is absolutely clear is we don't have the type of kids right now to win big. Frankly, we probably are better served with a 4-8 season than we would be with 8-4 and the illusion that we didn't have big problems. The way Mario constructed his staff is a problem, and the lack of flexibility is another. The best news is we have no bowl and they can get started in 2.5 weeks.
lmao no. all we proved is that we dont have a great roster and we have even worse coaching right now. nothing about 4-8 is positive. if Manny, golden, randy did this, you guys would want him crucified. **** out of here w all this bull**** excuse making.

Mario needs to be having these convos already.
Maybe he and Rad and Zo are already looking at what needs to be done better to improve this offseason and into the 2023 season. He’s not going to tell us today, but perhaps after the season. When the tough decisions need to be made, and executed.

Do you think Kelly would have had that response in October?

Last edited:
you think an HC hired by the biggest money backers of the program before an AD hire was made is now listening to that AD? nah. also, if the AD is telling a vet HC who to hire and fire, then fire the HC
Being that neither one of us has been behind any of the closed doors at any of the facilities at Miami, neither one of us knows WTF is going. The “biggest money backers” were also the ones that put up the $$$ for Rad.

In my management experience, the best results come from a collaborative effort by all parties involved. It’s also a well known fact that the AD meets with HC’s from all sports at the end of the season. Sooner if the results necessitate.

Advertisement
Maybe he and Rad and Zo are looking at what needs to be done better to improve this offseason and into the 2023 season. He’s not going to tell us today, but perhaps after the season. When the tough decisions need to be made, and executed.

Right, and that’s is one of my questions. Do you think we see something like this AFTER the season. I really hope we do. I am almost looking forward to it. It is probably the one and only thing I looked forward to with Manny, non stubbornness. Like hey, we sucked. I am going to do this and this and this to fix it. To bring King and Lashlee in, brought about optimism even after a failure of a season with Enos.

Being that neither one of us has been behind any of the closed doors at any of the facilities at Miami, neither one of us knows WTF is going. The “biggest money backers” were also the ones that put up the $$$ for Rad.

In my management experience, the best results come from a collaborative effort by all parties involved. It’s also a well known fact that the AD meets with HC’s from all sports at the end of the season. Sooner if the results necessitate.
football and whatever business you manage aren't the same. it isnt a professional environment.

Right, and that’s is one of my questions. Do you think we see something like this AFTER the season. I really hope we do. I am almost looking forward to it. It is probably the one and only thing I looked forward to with Manny, non stubbornness. Like hey, we sucked. I am going to do this and this and this to fix it. To bring King and Lashlee in, brought about optimism even after a failure of a season with Enos.
As bad as this season is there have to be chages made. Got think so.

Mario has alluded to poor coaching. And he’s not to gonna fire himself.

Advertisement
football and whatever business you manage aren't the same. it isnt a professional environment.
OK. Coaching football is a profession. Basic management concepts apply in any business setting. CFB is a business. Are there differences? Absolutely, but managing any business requires certain skills inherent to all situations.

Mario needs to be having these convos already.
Maybe the conversation has already begun in private.
Mario doesn’t seem like he’s gonna wait till the day after the last game and surprise dudes with a pink slip.

Some dudes probably already know they won’t be here next year and already have landing spots based on last year’s film.

Your not gonna get a lot from a man that knows he’s not wanted.

And there in lies the disconnect. Some dudes will still go 100mph cause that’s who they are as a man.

Others won’t even gaf after that even if it hurts their teammates.
And obviously that’s likely the reason they’re being pushed out to begin with.

Brian Kelly is a gigantic douche nozzle who craps the bed in any game of consequence but he is still miles ahead of our meat head when it comes to awareness and Xs and Os.

Advertisement
Maybe he and Rad and Zo are already looking at what needs to be done better to improve this offseason and into the 2023 season. He’s not going to tell us today, but perhaps after the season. When the tough decisions need to be made, and executed.

I’m in the camp that you don’t fire coordinators in season as it can give the next hire trepidation as they don’t feel they’ll get a fair shot. I’m just really tired of Gattis

not even close to similar circumstances. brian kelly had already been there 6 full years and then went 4-8

it's best to look at chip kelly at ucla and harbaugh at michigan for the patience they were given and how they have turned their programs around
It's going to be painful but unfortunately it is going to take that 5 years or so to get it right like it did at Michigan and UCLA.

Advertisement
It's going to be painful but unfortunately it is going to take that 5 years or so to get it right like it did at Michigan and UCLA.

Michigan?
CCCB979D-AF64-40CA-8448-86E582B6F68A.jpeg

Ok. We get it. You’re disappointed with the coaching. That was evident in the 32,643 other threads exactly like this one.

You aren’t accurately describing the main point of the thread. I dont recall any other thread presenting and discussing a POSITIVE example of how to deal with a season like this and then pose the question of whether you believe these coaches and admin will take a similar path to solving the issue. I dont recall any thread like this to be honest. Of course i could be wrong and if so, my apologies.

Advertisement
Back