Brian Kelly says Lincoln Riley settled for too little

Miles and O weren't even good coaches, let alone fits and they won a championship at LSU.

They get the pick of the litter in a talent rich state with no in state competition, with a financial backing and program that care.

All they need is a consistently competent coach and they'll be championship relevant every year as long as that's in place.

If it's a bad fit it's going to have to be a REALLY bad one to not have a loaded talented team with good coaching year in year out.

Advertisement
His total comp is 25m.
Correct. 90% of which he doesn't get of BoA fails to meet targets. Don't get me wrong, Moniyhan has eraned tremendous goodwill at BoA as Fleet guy, nut the point remains.. he is an at-will employee and is easier to fire than Kelly will be.

Brian Kelly is unleashed. Yall keep sleeping on Brian Kelly. PS Lincoln Riley is an elite coach and recruiter but he has more work to do today than Kelly does. LSU recruits itself in Louisiana add Kelly snatching Midwest Olineman every year that could be something special. Kelly don't have to worry about academic standards or glad handing donors anymore he can be the **** he always has been and just focus on football. Great hire.
I agree. He killed a kid. Imagine what he's going to do with LSU booster money

Correct. 90% of which he doesn't get of BoA fails to meet targets. Don't get me wrong, Moniyhan has eraned tremendous goodwill at BoA as Fleet guy, nut the point remains.. he is an at-will employee and is easier to fire than Kelly will be.
Most of that is a stock grant. Executives at that level always have a severance agreement.

Advertisement
maxresdefault.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao I can’t believe anybody would pay that much for Brian Kelly. Wonder what ND will do now. They had him for years at a basement price. Their BOT is probably ****ed they finally have to pay a premium for a coach.

Poor LSU went from Lincoln Riley to Brian Kelly and not even for a discount hahaha
I predict he gets fired in year 3. For the that kind of dough, LSU's expecting a CFP appearance at a minimum. They paid for a
Louis XIII pizza and are getting a Little Cesar's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back