Brian Hightower Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
At an event with Pope, Thompson, E Moore, and J Moore, Marrero referred to Hightower this way - " The Alpha Dog at the Opening in Orlando."

I've been to some of these Nike combines. There's usually a dude or two that take the lead and are the alphas of the groups. If Hightower was that dude among the guys I mentioned above, that says a lot about him. Hope we can land him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j4CkuFsAZM&t=339s

Pope is so smooth out there. He makes it look easy on his routes!

Advertisement
How good is this kid though? In 1v1 videos and highlight videos he doesn't look that impressive. He's a sloppy runner and doesn't have much speed.

Wiggins, Austin, Xavier Williams are all better "big" WRs imo. But he sure is rated high on all the sites... so what do I know.

He may not look pretty like the other guys while doing it, but he gets open. He doesn't have the flash necessarily, but he's a very smooth route runner. Hightower (named the "alpha dog" at the camp) and Moore were named the two best WRs at the Orlando Opening and were the only two WRs to get an invite that day. I'd say he's pretty good.

Both Pope and Wiggins were there. Hightower is better than Wiggins, and that isn't a knock on the latter.

The jitterbug types always look better at these WR/DB shorts/shirt events than the big dogs. Their feet are blurry as they take 2 seconds to do ladder drills off the line, run their stop, go, in, out, post route on a 9 second throw. In real football size, strength, body control/positioning, hands, etc. matter a lot more than they do at these things. Hightower's numbers & HUDL suggest that he consistently showed out against a tough schedule on a roster full of 4/5 star WRs fighting for the spotlight. It looks like he made a huge one-handed grab deep in the 4th quarter when IMG was down against one of those Cali schools, 49-48. We want this dude.

BROOKLYN IS IN THE HOUSE! SALUTE BROOKLYNDEE FROM A FELLOW BROOKLYN REPPER!! THIS CLASS IS GONNA BE GREAT!!!

Advertisement
1. PAC

Rest of list in no order
Big pun
Big l
Biggie
Eminem
Fabolous
Andre 3000
Nas

Other artist who can get on that list

Action Bronson
J cole
Kendrick
Talib

Just off the top of my head.

Where Brooklyn at? Where Brooklyn at? Where Brooklyn at? (Biggie Voice)

I got 7 Mac 11's...
About 8 .38's, Nine 9's 10 Mac-10's the **** don't end...

I give MC's the runs drippen, when I throw my clip in the AK, I slay from far away... Everybody hit the D E CK

GOAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm more of PAC guy, but Big is definitely top 2 All-time...

****, Pac even killed it that same freestyle wit Big.

Born in the ghetto as a hustlaaaah!!!

Pope will be a good one at Miami.

Hightower looked solid, too....

At an event with Pope, Thompson, E Moore, and J Moore, Marrero referred to Hightower this way - " The Alpha Dog at the Opening in Orlando."

I've been to some of these Nike combines. There's usually a dude or two that take the lead and are the alphas of the groups. If Hightower was that dude among the guys I mentioned above, that says a lot about him. Hope we can land him.

Didnt he just set an announcement date in the summer like a week ago. Its likely a top 3 or top 5 announcement.

Advertisement
Pope will be a good one at Miami.

Hightower looked solid, too....

I can understand that with last year's haul and Pope, Moore might not be a priority.... but I wish we could find a way to get him on the roster.

Who are the top wrs who are a take right now and how many will we take ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
tumblr_m7nsm2NgFN1rzjvvgo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back