Brian Hightower Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Eminem himself has said several times that he is not the best and that his skin color has helped his album sales, popularity, and added his opportunities. Case closed.

Props for the Still Shinin post and everything by Nas. Nastradamus is not as bad an album than is commonly believed. It's actually really good. It's water down by radio friendly songs but at this time in his life when his mom died he became the goat. Listen to songs like "Blaze a 50", "Drunk By Myself", "Fetus", "Project Windows (the original), "Poppa Was a Playa", "The Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive".

Jeru is definitely Unsung!

Top 5 all-time is easy and non-negotiable:
1. Pac
2. Nas
3. Rakim
4. Biggie
5. Jay-Z

Man, these dudes f*€ked up a good thread talking bout rap...welcome aboard BH. We cumin for that ***.

Eminem himself has said several times that he is not the best and that his skin color has helped his album sales, popularity, and added his opportunities. Case closed.

Props for the Still Shinin post and everything by Nas. Nastradamus is not as bad an album than is commonly believed. It's actually really good. It's water down by radio friendly songs but at this time in his life when his mom died he became the goat. Listen to songs like "Blaze a 50", "Drunk By Myself", "Fetus", "Project Windows (the original), "Poppa Was a Playa", "The Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive".

1. Pac
2. Nas
3. Rakim
4. Biggie
5. Jay-Z

I like Nastradamus.

Project Windows and Come Get Me are classics.

Advertisement

1. Pac
2. Nas
3. Rakim
4. Biggie
5. Jay-Z

bruh he was just being humble. Also, you probably didn't know this but he also has a song called GOAT that got leaked where he explicitly says he considers himself one of the greatest of all time. And even though it came out during his Encore years which was when he was super drugged up and could barely rhyme it wasn't too bad of a leaked song. You should listen to it.
[video=youtube_share;De1y8yfMWdk]https://youtu.be/De1y8yfMWdk[/video]

And like I said Eminem rapped about something that applied to the majority of kids (mainly whites) and thats why he had the astronomical sales he had. But don't act like he had it easy. For him it was 20x harder for him to get his foot in the door solely for the reason that he was white. he put in years underground as a battle rapper and Infinite didn't sell **** (is a solid album btw, if you like Nas you'll probably like that). But once he got onto MTV, he was unstoppable. Him being white certainly significantly increased his album sales. But he would have been a major success whether he was white or black. But the ****ed up **** is, if he was black would anyone be questioning him being top3 of all time? I doubt it. People don't like that a white guy is the best or one of the best in a black genre.

Music is a tough avenue to gauge top artists because of varying preference and style. However, anybody that doesn't have Eminem as a top 3 rapper of all time is plain ignorant and idiotic. I understand he may be offensive to some, or simply not relatable to others. But his talent is undeniable and out of this world . Best flow, delivery and lyrics bar none.

Y'all dudes still talking bout rappers when we got the #1 class in the country? Every couple of months a great thread turns into the same stupid discussion.

Advertisement
This momentum just feels surreal at this point! I've been religiously following recruiting since 2009, and have never seen it even close to the level we're at now 😳

Y'all dudes still talking bout rappers when we got the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] class in the country? Every couple of months a great thread turns into the same stupid discussion.

Bruh Pete has the official Brian Hightower commitment thread. This one turned into a rap discussion becauase we had 2 hrs to kill before Hightower was going to announce. We all are obviously excited as ****. But lets not act like this is any different than any other commitment we will ever get on this site. Commitment threads rarely make it past 10-20 pages. Its only when people are ****ed off that people stay on subject and the threads go 50+deep.

Also I don't care about the #1 ranking right now. After summer it will be more meaningful.

Hightower sophomore year at Calabasas Hs he had 71 rec, 1344 yds, 14 TDs

Wouldn't be surprised to see those numbers decrease alot this yr.
Theres just so many other talented people to give the ball to that his production will likely drop off.

The big thing that matters statistically at IMG is Sitkowski. If he doesn't improve dramatically over his jr stats I will be extremely disapointed and concerned.

Advertisement
No one has to feel a way about Em being top anything because he simply isn't. Definitely not better than the top 5 I provided and that's just facts. Em compared himself to Jadakiss and said that if Jada was white he would have had similar success to what Em has had. Jadakiss has never been platinum or enjoyed a fourth of the acclaim Em has. The people who recognize Em has the best have made that apparent (Grammy's, AMA, MTV, Nickelodeon). U guys have honored your champion well lol. Underground artists don't garner mainstream prestige in the genre of hip hop. No one in my top 5 won any of those awards. So please stop it. U can't have it your way in every way and in spite of history.

Yall opinions are just that and far from reality when race enters the discussion as usual..delusional lol! Everyone knows what's what, even Eminem himself lol

Advertisement
When U insulated by an alternative reality, U find yourself taking the liberty to create any false narrative that U choose.

I've never met a black person who hates or resents Eminem. And I'm yet to meet any black person who believes that Eminem is the best rapper ever. Everyone knows he is talented, but he and his music is not memorable, thus no one is thinking about him. Em ain't a thorn in the black communities side lol! No one remembers where they were when they first heard, "my name is...my name is" lol!!! Gtfoh!

1. Pac
2. Nas
3. Rakim
4. Biggie
5. Jay-Z

bruh he was just being humble. Also, you probably didn't know this but he also has a song called GOAT that got leaked where he explicitly says he considers himself one of the greatest of all time. And even though it came out during his Encore years which was when he was super drugged up and could barely rhyme it wasn't too bad of a leaked song. You should listen to it.
[video=youtube_share;De1y8yfMWdk]https://youtu.be/De1y8yfMWdk[/video]

And like I said Eminem rapped about something that applied to the majority of kids (mainly whites) and thats why he had the astronomical sales he had. But don't act like he had it easy. For him it was 20x harder for him to get his foot in the door solely for the reason that he was white. he put in years underground as a battle rapper and Infinite didn't sell **** (is a solid album btw, if you like Nas you'll probably like that). But once he got onto MTV, he was unstoppable. Him being white certainly significantly increased his album sales. But he would have been a major success whether he was white or black. But the ****ed up **** is, if he was black would anyone be questioning him being top3 of all time? I doubt it. People don't like that a white guy is the best or one of the best in a black genre.

I wouldn't listen to Eminem because he was white , and I'm white. I was ruined by vanilla ice , even though third base was decent. I was a hardcore hip hop fan, so I automatically thought a white guy was a fraud. Or commercial creation.

It took hearing him on Biggies " dead wrong " to go " got ****". Huge fan from then on.

Now back to recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back