Brian Hartline

Advertisement
Have no idea how he's ok that.

"Here you go.. You're not really an OC but we'll give you the salary and co-title so everybody can pretend like you are"

Hartline has to decide if he wants to be more than a WR coach or not.

He's too good of a WR coach and recruiter to stay there.

But he's not good enough of an OC to be a REAL OC at a school like Ohio State.

Hartline is so overhyped. He’s a great recruiter. Period.

Hartline is a slickster that’s succeeded in bringing in a lot of 4 and 5-star WRs but he’s not a good WR coach (good at the development aspect) or an OC. THE FACTS SUPPORT THIS. OSU was around 40th in the nation on Offense this yr despite having a 5-star recruit at QB and a ton of 4 & 5 WR. How is it possible to be that average/bad with all of the resources available to OSU and all of those star recruits. They struggled on Offense even against weak opponents this yr.

There’s a reason they told their 5-star QB to move on after the season. There’s a reason they are now looking for a real OC. It’s because Hartline is not capable & their Offense really struggled this yr.

Hartline is a lot of flash & not much substance. Out of all those star WRs they’ve pulled, only a few in recent years have done much (MH Jr & Egbuka are examples). MH Jr is a genetic freak & has a father that was a legendary NFL WR. He was going to be a baller no matter where he went. His drop rate is the highest (by far though) of any leading WR in the nation (by a massive 12% margin). Zach Smith (former WR coach) at OSU did a whole video about the lack of development being seen in the WR room at OSU. His takes are spot on. The terrible offensive output this yr is further evidence of that. They did way less with way more this yr.

Really disappointed that Jeremiah Smith fell prey to this snake oil salesman. He’s a great recruiter but not a great developer or Offensive mind.

All the O$U n_t huggers on here need to do some research & look at the recent departures & changes being made on Offense & knock it off with the O$U slurping.

Advertisement
Hartline is so overhyped. He’s a great recruiter. Period.

Hartline is a slickster that’s succeeded in bringing in a lot of 4 and 5-star WRs but he’s not a good WR coach (good at the development aspect) or an OC. THE FACTS SUPPORT THIS. OSU was around 40th in the nation on Offense this yr despite having a 5-star recruit at QB and a ton of 4 & 5 WR. How is it possible to be that average/bad with all of the resources available to OSU and all of those star recruits. They struggled on Offense even against weak opponents this yr.

There’s a reason they told their 5-star QB to move on after the season. There’s a reason they are now looking for a real OC. It’s because Hartline is not capable & their Offense really struggled this yr.

Hartline is a lot of flash & not much substance. Out of all those star WRs they’ve pulled, only a few in recent years have done much (MH Jr & Egbuka are examples). MH Jr is a genetic freak & has a father that was a legendary NFL WR. He was going to be a baller no matter where he went. His drop rate is the highest (by far though) of any leading WR in the nation (by a massive 12% margin). Zach Smith (former WR coach) at OSU did a whole video about the lack of development being seen in the WR room at OSU. His takes are spot on. The terrible offensive output this yr is further evidence of that. They did way less with way more this yr.

Really disappointed that Jeremiah Smith fell prey to this snake oil salesman. He’s a great recruiter but not a great developer or Offensive mind.

All the O$U n_t huggers on here need to do some research & look at the recent departures & changes being made on Offense & knock it off with the O$U slurping.
I think Ryan day is starting to feel that heat … ppl catching on. All that talent and can’t get it done. Had stroud couldn’t get it done. We seen what happen this year. Is will Howard gonna take them over that hump ? That OL ain’t the best either. There’s a ton of lil issues there starting add up to big issues. He has to play Oregon and Michigan next year. If he loses both then games I could see them moving on. He better hope John Harbaugh leaves Michigan he’s got days number took a while but 3-0 last 3 years… also what message does that send when guys seeing you get demoted also wonder does he get to keep all that money he made last year from signing to be OC

Advertisement
According to the people closer to the situation it was a toss up in the end. I’m not sure where the stringing along narrative came from.

Not to mention, we’re in no position to turn down elite #1 WR talent.
It's not impossible, but we've been played many, many times before.

You can fire everyone except this guy.

Or this guy.

Oh, and this guy and this guy too.

I took a leadership job like that once. Thankfully the firm I was at previously was willing to take be back 6-weeks later.
Stuff like that never works out ….lol and is Day really gonna let the OC be the OC…. How you gonna hire a OC and be like ya gotta Keep my guys tho. We’ve seen that happen multiple times here and it almost never works out.lol I’m looking forward to there down fall. It’s funny we complain bout Mario but I think all coaches got that lil sense of arrogancy when it comes to making decisions that requires them getting outta there own way.

Advertisement
The guy is basically a beard
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
According to the people closer to the situation it was a toss up in the end. I’m not sure where the stringing along narrative came from.

Not to mention, we’re in no position to turn down elite #1 WR talent.
Sounded to me like he used Miami as leverage to get his NIL from Ohio state in writing on ESD. I don’t buy that it really was neck and neck. I think we were used.

Advertisement
Back