CFB Brian Harsin's future in Auburn in question

There was talk of firing him after the Iron Bowl loss, firing him in year 1 would be hilarious because they’re paying him $5.25mill per & he’s already earned an incentive bonus for getting them to be bowl eligible this year, his buyout is $17.5mill if they fire him without cause... However, maybe having an affair with an intern is a confident just cause, maybe they even sent her at him 🧐🤔 lol

Plus they’re still paying off $21.5mill from when they fired Gus Malzahn.

If they do can Harsin, Dana Holgorsen would be good there, although if I’m him I wouldn’t wanna leave Houston just to go to the SEC West & get fired in 2 years because I can’t compete with Bama, TAMU, Ole Miss, LSU & an emerging Arkansas. Houston’s a good G5 gig that you can comfortably win 10+ games a year at & not ever worry about an insane unruly fan base calling for your head every other season.

Jamey Chadwell being a Super Saiyan Redneck would fit lovely in Auburn, he’s a really good coach & has affable personality that would lend itself well to Southern style recruiting, plus he’d probably get a solid 3-4 years before they grabbed the pitchforks.

But now more than ever would be the perfect opportunity for Bill Clark to finally get his turn to make a run at being a P5 SEC coach & considering his staunch respect in the state of Alabama he’d kill it at a place like Auburn. I can’t think of a coach would have more support locally than Bill Clark.

If Harsin is fired they should seriously consider him, although I think they’d probably want a splash hire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If they do this, they must have someone in mind. Kiffin?
That would be the dumbest career move he’s ever made if he went from Ole Miss to AU.

AU may have more money than Ole Miss as a program, but it’s not a better job...

He should hold out until Sark gets fired at Texas & angle for that job.

Or even go take over at AZ State once Herm is forced to resign.

Advertisement
There was talk of firing him after the Iron Bowl loss, firing him in year 1 would be hilarious because they’re paying him $5.25mill per & he’s already earned an incentive bonus for getting them to be bowl eligible this year, his buyout is $17.5mill if they fire him without cause... However, maybe having an affair with an intern is a confident just cause, maybe they even sent her at him 🧐🤔 lol

If they do can Harsin, Dana Holgorsen would be good there, although if I’m him I wouldn’t wanna leave Houston just to go to the SEC West & get fired in 2 years because I can’t compete with Bama, TAMU, Ole Miss, LSU & an emerging Arkansas. Houston’s a good G5 gig that you can comfortably win 10+ games a year at & not ever worried about an insane unruly fan base calling for your head every other season.

Jamey Chadwell being a Super Saiyan Redneck would fit lovely in Auburn, he’s a really good coach & has affable personality that would lend itself well to Southern style recruiting, plus he’d probably get a solid 3-4 years before they grabbed the pitchforks.

But now more than ever would be the perfect opportunity for Bill Clark to finally get his turn to make a run at being a P5 SEC coach & considering his staunch respect in the state of Alabama he’d kill it at a place like Auburn. I can’t think of a coach would have more support locally than Bill Clark.

If Harsin is fired they should seriously consider him, although I think they’d probably want a splash hire.
Since when is ****** 20 year old grad assistants cause.

If they do can Harsin, Dana Holgorsen would be good there, although if I’m him I wouldn’t wanna leave Houston just to go to the SEC West & get fired in 2 years because I can’t compete with Bama, TAMU, Ole Miss, LSU & an emerging Arkansas. Houston’s a good G5 gig that you can comfortably win 10+ games a year at & not ever worried about an insane unruly fan base calling for your head every other season.

Splash you say?
Super Bowl Nfl GIF by Frito-Lay

They wont hire Steele. If they did, they could already start planning whom to hire after him.

Plus, Harsin has been questioned at Auburn pretty much since he arrived there and Steele NEVER was mentioned as a possibility to return. Not even as a DC when Mason left for Oklahoma State.

I dont think theres mutual interest, if there is interest from any party.

Advertisement
Everyone asking about Steele but what they really should be asking about is Mario.

That’s exactly who my Auburn buddy wanted last year. He wanted Mario and a lot of people he knew felt the same

Having an affair with an intern is certainly “with cause” to be fired at ANY JOB

10000% on Clark. That’s a no brainer. Auburn isn’t that good of a job right now and they **** sure wouldn’t be able to land anyone better than clark at this point. They’d call Kiffin but they can’t afford him. Steele would be an option I’m sure cause he’s loved there, would bring some stability and would be cheap. Definitely something to watch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back