Brian Griese - QB Coach?

Advertisement
Brian Griese and Bob Griese notoriously loathed the Miami Hurricanes. Bobby with his Big Ten allegiance to Purdue, sending his son off to Michigan to keep those Big Ten ties alive.

Brian grew up under an old man with a chip on his shoulder that the Canes were the bigger ticket in 80's Miami than his beloved Dolphins.

You could hear it anytime he had to call a UM game.

I think all the "hater" and bias stuff is generally overrated, but Bob Griese on any call for Miami was unlistenable as it was personal. (Go listen to his disappointment in that 2003 game against Florida where he had to suffer through the Canes overcoming the 33-10 deficit.)

I'm not saying The U should stay away from Brian Griese for any reason. I'm saying there's zero chance this Canes-hater would ever step foot on Miami's campus to coach the Canes on any level. He's a "Michigan Man" and if he gets into the college game he's going to his alma mater. He wants no part of The U. It's in the blood.

There's definite validity to this. I had a conversation once with an oldhead that's been plugged into the Dolphins personally and professionally for years and lived in Dade when Brian was at Columbus and the Fins at the OB. It basically started with why we had no shot with the Bosa Boys and then ended up with the Grieses (especially Bob) not being Canes fans at all.

Would it ever actually block Brian from taking a big time job with us? No idea. But a position coaching gig? Ain't no "homecoming/fan" element going to be a factor there.

Advertisement
Not a chance.

Not because he isn’t a good coach, he’s excellent. But because I will not pillage my 49ers to resource the Canes.

That’s not robbing Peter to pay Paul, it’s stealing from Heaven to furnish ****.
Miami gets Griese, Niners get Greg Roman.... everybody wins ....

:sideeyes:

Brian Griese and Bob Griese notoriously loathed the Miami Hurricanes. Bobby with his Big Ten allegiance to Purdue, sending his son off to Michigan to keep those Big Ten ties alive.

Brian grew up under an old man with a chip on his shoulder that the Canes were the bigger ticket in 80's Miami than his beloved Dolphins.

I think all the "hater" and bias stuff is generally overrated, but Bob Griese on any call for Miami was unlistenable as it was personal. (Go listen to his disappointment in that 2003 game against Florida where he had to suffer through the Canes overcoming the 33-10 deficit.)

I'm not saying The U should stay away from Brian Griese for any reason. I'm saying there's zero chance this Canes-hater would ever step foot on Miami's campus to coach the Canes on any level. He's a "Michigan Man" and if he gets into the college game he's going to his alma mater. He wants no part of The U. It's in the blood.
Had enough "Michigan Man" coaching last season to last me a century.

Columbus mafia bro

Had enough "Michigan Man" coaching last season to last me a cecentury.
Seriously. The only times I'm not reacting negatively to that phrase now is if I hear an old clip of Jim Mandich (RIP) saying "Meeeechigan" or maybe if Desmond Howard uses it but then slurps all things Miami for half an hour.

Gattis and Portnoy need to get the **** outta here. Two "Michigan Men" actively trying to harm Miami Football.

Advertisement
For how to new he is to the position he’s getting a lot of attention for his work with the qb we’ll be murdering next week. He’s doing a great job with Purdy.
If you glance at the Baseball board you will see Purdy's Dad was a four year pitcher for UM baseball. As an Eagles fan, that does not get his a repreive.

Not a chance.

Not because he isn’t a good coach, he’s excellent. But because I will not pillage my 49ers to resource the Canes.

That’s not robbing Peter to pay Paul, it’s stealing from Heaven to furnish ****.
I have been a Niners fan since Joe Montana tore Dan Marino’s little heart out in Super Bowl 19 and I would burn the 49ers franchise down to the ground if I meant one more championship for the Canes.

Advertisement
I have been a Niners fan since Joe Montana tore Dan Marino’s little heart out in Super Bowl 19 and I would burn the 49ers franchise down to the ground if I meant one more championship for the Canes.
I used to feel that way. Shame.

So we can hire Dorsey as our QB coach! Or Testaverde! Kosar is currently available
Why are we still regurgitating old players. We definitely need to think outside the box. Insanity is doing the same stuff over and over again. This isn't a cult

Advertisement

Anybody that knows the Grieses knows that this is true. His father absolutely hated the hurricanes.

Marino out played Montana in the SB....It was Roger Craig who tore Marino's heart out.

Advertisement
Back