Brian Griese - QB Coach?

Advertisement
Marino out played Montana in the SB....It was Roger Craig who tore Marino's heart out.
2FEE7A99-B400-4441-AC76-28119A76D1B5.jpeg

I was only six years old but it’s good to know I didn’t misremember. Montana had 4 total TDs.

not only that, hes at one of THE top premier coaching trees in the league. **** land an NFL OC gig from his work w the niners. on top of that, hes an NFL guy from a premier NFL family. if anything he goes to his alma mater, but i dont see that either.
Why would an NFL QB coach leave to take the same position here?

Who knows for sure but Bob was a regular fan in the Mark Light stands when his kids were growing up. Used to see him all the time and thought he lived in Santa Maria neighborhood around the corner.

Advertisement
Brian Griese and Bob Griese notoriously loathed the Miami Hurricanes. Bobby with his Big Ten allegiance to Purdue, sending his son off to Michigan to keep those Big Ten ties alive.

Brian grew up under an old man with a chip on his shoulder that the Canes were the bigger ticket in 80's Miami than his beloved Dolphins.

You could hear it anytime he had to call a UM game.

I think all the "hater" and bias stuff is generally overrated, but Bob Griese on any call for Miami was unlistenable as it was personal. (Go listen to his disappointment in that 2003 game against Florida where he had to suffer through the Canes overcoming the 33-10 deficit.)

I'm not saying The U should stay away from Brian Griese for any reason. I'm saying there's zero chance this Canes-hater would ever step foot on Miami's campus to coach the Canes on any level. He's a "Michigan Man" and if he gets into the college game he's going to his alma mater. He wants no part of The U. It's in the blood.

concur. not a fan of bob griese. he's a diiiiicccckkkk of the worse sort.

There's definite validity to this. I had a conversation once with an oldhead that's been plugged into the Dolphins personally and professionally for years and lived in Dade when Brian was at Columbus and the Fins at the OB. It basically started with why we had no shot with the Bosa Boys and then ended up with the Grieses (especially Bob) not being Canes fans at all.

Would it ever actually block Brian from taking a big time job with us? No idea. But a position coaching gig? Ain't no "homecoming/fan" element going to be a factor there.
So why was old bob such a b*tch about the Canes? Was it really because of the love the Canes received from the community in the 80’s relative to the Dolphins? If so, he is truly a b*tch (note this term is specifically applied to soft, sorry men only).

I wanted the Bosa’s but never thought they would have been a cultural fit in a UM locker room.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back