Brian Griese - QB Coach?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This time around the QB coach is going to be the play caller. Right now that’s a no go

Bobby Slowick, offensive passing game coordinator, San Francisco.

He’s been in the Kyle Shanahan tribe since 2017. First two as a defensive QC assistant, then switched to offense and moved up the last four seasons. Shanahan calls the plays, but I like the idea of pulling from top organizations, which SF has been for awhile now. He’s young, only 35, so he isn‘t the ‘older, experienced’ type you describe. He started as a DWC coach at Washington.

And for good measure, hire 49ers WRC Leonard Hankerson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Brian Griese and Bob Griese notoriously loathed the Miami Hurricanes. Bobby with his Big Ten allegiance to Purdue, sending his son off to Michigan to keep those Big Ten ties alive.

Brian grew up under an old man with a chip on his shoulder that the Canes were the bigger ticket in 80's Miami than his beloved Dolphins.

You could hear it anytime he had to call a UM game.

I think all the "hater" and bias stuff is generally overrated, but Bob Griese on any call for Miami was unlistenable as it was personal. (Go listen to his disappointment in that 2003 game against Florida where he had to suffer through the Canes overcoming the 33-10 deficit.)

I'm not saying The U should stay away from Brian Griese for any reason. I'm saying there's zero chance this Canes-hater would ever step foot on Miami's campus to coach the Canes on any level. He's a "Michigan Man" and if he gets into the college game he's going to his alma mater. He wants no part of The U. It's in the blood.

Advertisement
Not a chance.

Not because he isn’t a good coach, he’s excellent. But because I will not pillage my 49ers to resource the Canes.

That’s not robbing Peter to pay Paul, it’s stealing from Heaven to furnish ****.

IMG_7658.jpg

Not a chance.

Not because he isn’t a good coach, he’s excellent. But because I will not pillage my 49ers to resource the Canes.

That’s not robbing Peter to pay Paul, it’s stealing from Heaven to furnish ****.
For how to new he is to the position he’s getting a lot of attention for his work with the qb we’ll be murdering next week. He’s doing a great job with Purdy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back