NFL Brian Flores Suing NFL for Discrimination

No it doesn’t. There is some correlation but they are not the same. A class action lawsuit, aka many people suing as one entity, will not be successful if it is proven that the ny giants failed to interview a black candidate in good faith. Only Flores would have standing in that situation. You should read up on what is required to sue somebody. There is no federal or state law that says nfl franchises have to Interview minority coaches for openings so the courts have no authority to enforce a law that doesn’t exist.
The Rooney Rule was made to prevent THE ******* NFL FROM ONGOING WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION, HOW ******* HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND? SHOULD I USE ENGLISH FOR THIRD GRADERS, WOULD THAT ******* HELP? A VIOLATION OF THE ROONEY RULE, AS A RESULT, IS ALWAYS CONNECTED TO RACIAL DISCRIMINATION AT A WORKPLACE AND, AS A CONSEQUENCE, IS WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION. THE ROONEY RULE LITERALLY WAS FOUNDED BASED ON THE PRINCIPLES OF RACIAL EQUALITY.

THREE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO EXPLAIN THE SAME THING, SO PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE YOUR BRAIN AND THINK.

Advertisement
Maybe because it’s a mandate of the league, you’re now gonna sue because they followed the rule!?!?

I have not read the text of the actual Rooney Rule, but I suspect this will all be about establishing a clear timeline...

If a decision to hire a non-minority candidate was made prior to interviewing a minority candidate, then the NYG did not follow the Rooney Rule.
If no decision was made regarding the hiring of a non-minority HC candidate, a minority candidate was interviewed, and then a decision was made to hire a non-minority candidate, the the NYG followed the Rooney Rule.

But Flores is very clearly suing the NFL based on his allegation that he was interviewed AFTER a decision had been reached on the hiring of Brian Daboll. The lawsuit begins with a quote from Bill Belicheat in a purported text message to Brian Flores (after congratulating him for landing the job), saying "Sorry -- I fvcked this up. I double checked and misread the text. I think they are naming Brian Daboll. I'm sorry about that. BB." Belicheat allegedly sent the text 3 days before Flores even interviewed for the job. And I use the words "purported" and "allegedly" out of an abundance of caution, because the text messages are included in paragraph 20 of Flores's Complaint.

Whether he can ultimately prove his case is a different story altogether. But Flores's allegations, if taken as true, likely amount to a violation of the Rooney Rule.

You dont seem to understand that the Giants were only interviewing Flores to satisty the Rooney Rule. Which makes the entire point that you entirely irrelevant.
You obviously don’t understand how hard it is to prove someone’s motivations in a court of law….and how your opinion of what happened is different than proving it

What is a raceist?

🖕🏿
It would be Raciest if he didn't get the job or interview because he IS A MINORITY. If that is the case then heads should role - I am just saying we don't have those facts at all - so why do we go straight to that??? It is a pretty serious accusation - better have some facts behind it or it just looks like sour grapes.

Advertisement
I have not read the text of the actual Rooney Rule, but I suspect this will all be about establishing a clear timeline...

If a decision to hire a non-minority candidate was made prior to interviewing a non-minority candidate, then the NYG did not follow the Rooney Rule.
If no decision was made regarding the hiring of a non-minority HC candidate, a minority candidate was interviewed, and then a decision was made to hire a non-minority candidate, the the NYG followed the Rooney Rule.

But Flores is very clearly suing the NFL based on his allegation that he was interviewed AFTER a decision had been reached on the hiring of Brian Daboll. The lawsuit begins with a quote from Brian Belicheat in a purported text message to Brian Flores (after congratulating him for landing the job), saying "Sorry -- I fvcked this up. I double checked and misread the text. I think they are naming Brian Daboll. I'm sorry about that. BB." Belicheat allegedly sent the text 3 days before Flores even interviewed for the job. And I use the words "purported" and "allegedly" out of an abundance of caution, because the text messages are included in paragraph 20 of Flores's Complaint.

Whether he can ultimately prove his case is a different story altogether. But Flores's allegations, if taken as true, likely amount to a violation of the Rooney Rule.
thx. can i finally ******* sleep?

Advertisement
He is black and latino and he was actually hired as a head coach before the age of 40... what am I missing?

Seems like a move for someone who wasnt hired...
Flores was plan Z for the Dolphins. They couldn't find anyone that wanted the rebuild job and he got the job pretty much by default. Flores took the job because he is black and Latino and knew these job offers don't come easy for minorities.

Wait, if Flores knew in 2019 he was being asked to lose games for $100k why bring it up now. He should be to blame as well for not bringing it up till 2022 when he got fired and didn't get the job he wanted with the Giants? I love Flores but he should def face discipline.

It would be Raciest if he didn't get the job or interview because he IS A MINORITY. If that is the case then heads should role - I am just saying we don't have those facts at all - so why do we go straight to that??? It is a pretty serious accusation - better have some facts behind it or it just looks like sour grapes.

You just don't get it, do you.

He was interviewed after they already picked their guy. And only interviewed him to complete to the rooney rule.

You know what, don't even respond, I'm not finna argue with a **** fool. Just keep spinning and white knightin, not today, Satan.

wall-talking.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Flores has every right to call out the Giants for breaking the rules. But he got greedy bringing up old **** about the Dolphins and Ross that might get him suspended.

I think we cheapen it when we automatically go to the raciest claim - I think when we have some facts and if we find it we kill it! But Holly **** we throw that word around so much anymore that half the world has become numb to it - which I would argue is the total opposite effect we are trying to achieve. We just got have to have some concrete facts or were just gonna be calling wolf in the night and everybody gonna start tuning us out!!!
Yikes tf is raciest

You obviously don’t understand how hard it is to prove someone’s motivations in a court of law….and how your opinion of what happened is different than proving it
I think he will have a shot at proving the Giants did not interview him with good faith because of the Billicheck text messages.

Advertisement
The Rooney Rule was made to prevent THE ******* NFL FROM ONGOING WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION, HOW ******* HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND? SHOULD I USE ENGLISH FOR THIRD GRADERS, WOULD THAT ******* HELP? A VIOLATION OF THE ROONEY RULE, AS A RESULT, IS ALWAYS CONNECTED TO RACIAL DISCRIMINATION AT A WORKPLACE AND, AS A CONSEQUENCE, IS WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION. THE ROONEY RULE LITERALLY WAS FOUNDED BASED ON THE PRINCIPLES OF RACIAL EQUALITY.

THREE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO EXPLAIN THE SAME THING, SO PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE YOUR BRAIN AND THINK.
Sorry but you’re a child and have zero knowledge of the legal system. The nfl rule, however we’ll intentioned, does not mean it is the same as the law. If what you say were true, literally anyone in the entire country that doesn’t interview a minority candidate for a position would be guilty of workplace discrimination. In other words, If not interviewing a minority for a position was actually against the law, the Rooney rule wouldn’t even be needed because it would just be redundant. Get it yet? Probably not

Sorry but you’re a child and have zero knowledge of the legal system. The nfl rule, however we’ll intentioned, does not mean it is the same as the law. If what you say were true, literally anyone in the entire country that doesn’t interview a minority candidate for a position would be guilty of workplace discrimination. In other words, If not interviewing a minority for a position was actually against the law, the Rooney rule wouldn’t even be needed because it would just be redundant. Get it yet? Probably not
It sucks that people like you exist still lmao.

Okay, prove your allegations that "I highly doubt that is the case" because as of right now, Flores has evidence that the Giants abused the Rooney Rule. You're up now, bud. Whatcha got?
Of course I’m speaking in hypotheticals because these bullet points from the suit don’t tell the whole story and it’s one side. Im also fairly sure Flores didn’t have access to the entire list of interviews and when they occurred. And The person bringing suit actually has the burden of proof, so it’s not up to me to prove anything

Advertisement
Back