Brevin Jordan Quote

I agree with you, but unfortunately, an overlap between the two will always exist. The players are going to be exposed to a lot of the backlash the coaching staff receives. It's not good, but sometimes the ends justify the means.

I agree. The non-logical fan goes and blames the players and starts tagging them. The logical fans sees the deeper problem. But as you've stated, the two often overlap.

Advertisement
When people are calling to boycott attending GAMES, they are giving up on the players as well as the staff. No other way to package it.

Barking at the wrong man.

You've NEVER heard me criticize a player - although I've made some jokes out of Malik's arm - and about Malik - the guy is tough - maybe he should have worked harder his first two years - but he's done what he could for us - he is just limited by play calling, his arm, and his inability to concentrate and be consistent.

You've NEVER heard me call on boycotts. Never.

I am guilty of calling for banners - specifically to motivate the decision makers that a change of guard is again required. The decision makers can't seem to get off their asses and do the right thing unless they're getting squeezed. Hard.

I'll take that hit - but I cannot throw down on players. That's really the coaches job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Barking at the wrong man.

You've NEVER heard me criticize a player - although I've made some jokes out of Malik's arm - and about Malik - the guy is tough - maybe he should have worked harder his first two years - but he's done what he could for us - he is just limited by play calling, his arm, and his inability to concentrate and be consistent.

You've NEVER heard me call on boycotts. Never.

I am guilty of calling for banners - specifically to motivate the decision makers that a change of guard is again required. The decision makers can't seem to get off their asses and do the right thing unless they're getting squeezed. Hard.

I'll take that hit - but I cannot throw down on players. That's really the coaches job.
In retrospect, I shouldn't have quoted your post as I didn't mean that at you. I meant it generally towards the sentiment that no one is giving up on the players (only the staff) even though many are calling for boycotting attending games. Regardless of the situation and frustration re the staff, the kids deserve to have a crowd cheering them on. Period. When you advocate for not going to games, you are negatively impacting the players themselves. I don't know how anyone can disagree with that. (again, directed generally, not at you, Archer)

Advertisement
Booing him would reflect terribly on the fans. None of this is his fault.

Agreed. But what is going to happen? We are going to run RPO, RPO, throw a short pass, go 3 and out, and the fans are going to be furious. Those boo's will be targeted at CMR, not Rosier. It is going to get ugly.

Advertisement
If the players continue to give up on the coach now it will be better for all.
the Neg Nancys sure jumped on that one didn't they ? Even if Walmart was selling critical thinking skills at 1 dollar a bag, there would still be too many nitwits around.

Advertisement
Back