NFL Draft Brevin Jordan in 2021 NFL Draft

He’s good, but not great at the TE position. Contested catches he grades poorly, blocking is average, height is below norm, speed I’m not sure. Brevin does seem to run good routes. He is a **** of a competitor on the field though. And that does matter a lot. The injury thing is very concerning. 3 years in a row he failed to stay healthy through a season.

Advertisement
Again if Brevin runs sub 4.75....My man is gone by round 3 the latest. Will interview well, Miami te pedigree, YAC ability, likely special teams ability, willing blocker with s&c growth.

Jonnu Smith/Irv Smith comps for me.

I'm higher on Jordan than any of our TEs since Jimmy Graham. The injuries are the obvious concern, but his game translates.

The key to playing TE in the NFL is short-area quicks. You need to uncover fast and navigate traffic. Jordan ran a verified 4.21 shuttle in high school at 250 pounds. That's freakish. He grew up playing RB and kept that quickness, balance and instincts. He led all TEs in YAC for a reason.

He's tough, competitive, shows flashes as blocker (thick lower-body, good flexibility) and is a hands catcher. A good team will be able to use him all over the field.
facts ... we get upset that he didn't play more for us, but the talent is obvious ... he has all the traits of a top TE ... its all about situation, as it is in most cases ...

He’s good, but not great at the TE position. Contested catches he grades poorly, blocking is average, height is below norm, speed I’m not sure. Brevin does seem to run good routes. He is a **** of a competitor on the field though. And that does matter a lot. The injury thing is very concerning. 3 years in a row he failed to stay healthy through a season.
what te is out there moss'in guys besides graham (in his heyday) and maybe waller ... brevin fits the type and as most say it comes down to speed

Again if Brevin runs sub 4.75....My man is gone by round 3 the latest. Will interview well, Miami te pedigree, YAC ability, likely special teams ability, willing blocker with s&c growth.

Jonnu Smith/Irv Smith comps for me.

Combine probably getting cancelled so maybe we can get Swasey to come time him at Pro Day.

"Adam Schefter has reported that Miami Hurricane TE Brevin Jordan has run a 3.91 40 yard dash at his Pro Day"

All seriousness though, I think he smokes 4.75

Advertisement
He has been a good Cane but we will never be close to back with this stuff happening. I'll say it a million times all the schools that have success have kids that dont leave early. Its a bad move for the kid and its worse for the program.

And please stop with the they get money to stay line, either shine the light on it or start paying yourself. Sorry I rather get the death penalty trying to knock off Bama than continue to hear stupid ESPN commentators "Is the U back? or some **** like that. Tired of the U invented swag talk, **** Im tired of telling FSU and UF fan "Oh yea well we have 5" but we havent gotten **** in 20 years. Its time to play the game or snitch, I say we play the game and w.e. comes our way comes our way.
It ain’t about the program anymore. We have cultural problems.

Jason Witten's corpse gets playing time so hopefully Brevin has a long career but I'm just not as high on him being a high round draft pick. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Might want to scratch Brevin Jordan from your Jaguars draft boards if you thought that was a scheme fit. Jaguars hired Penn State's TE Coach to be the TE Coach there. The Jaguars need a TE, but that looks like a landing spot for Freiermuth, it seems.

Advertisement
He probably won’t be that great in nfl so I get it. He had injury issues
guy obama GIF

kids can't leave this place fast enough lol. You'd think the campus is located in Wyoming. Wasn't one of his final tweets about getting better for next year and wanting to beat Bama?
It’s his decision to make. Relax

It’s his decision to make. Relax
Yeah I don’t get the post you quoted. Two guys left early this year. One is going to be a first rounder and the other should be day two and has had injury issues so he needed to get paid.

In the past players were leaving like crazy but that didn’t happen this year.

Advertisement
LOL. Shane Hallam (whoever that is) is smoking crack. Pitts is much better than Jordan. Dude is a freak
Wouldn't say he's much better.

Pitts shined by being the number one option on a pass heavy team. He's obviously not athletic and has better receiving skills. He'll go high, deservedly so, because of his production, size, his athleticism.

I think Jordan is better after the catch, has better hands, and is better blocker.

Jordan will carve out a nice career because of his versatility at the position. Pitts will need to produce as a receiver to have longevity.

Advertisement
Like yall alluded to the upside and talent is there. would love to see him sneak into the 2nd round. Day 1 starter on a lot of teams right now.

i can see Brevin being used the way the broncos used Shannon Sharpe back in the day.

Wouldn't say he's much better.

Pitts shined by being the number one option on a pass heavy team. He's obviously not athletic and has better receiving skills. He'll go high, deservedly so, because of his production, size, his athleticism.

I think Jordan is better after the catch, has better hands, and is better blocker.

Jordan will carve out a nice career because of his versatility at the position. Pitts will need to produce as a receiver to have longevity.
It's a tough comparison because Brevin played more inline TE than Pitts did in his career. I see Pitts more like Larry Fitzgerald who occasionally got in a 3 point stance.

/Not saying he's a HOF....

Besides the injury prone being true this whole evaluation of Brevin is one the worst takes I have seen. Holy ****.

Advertisement
Back